Dark Hope - Chapter 1 - Pan Town

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

"I know the rogue a little bit... but i bet that he's a master in the art to stay unseen, undetected and... untracked..."
Balpur laughs
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

Balpur wrote:"I know the rogue a little bit... but i bet that he's a master in the art to stay unseen, undetected and... untracked..."
Balpur laughs
*eyes wide*

"Then it is your belief they both went into the cavern? Instead of waiting for us? Did I not show already that was not a good idea?"

*sigh*

Looking at the bard, Tänya considers his words...
Renard wrote:"Hm, I am fairly certain Ahkash has already been down there..."

Then as if turning a mental page, Renard focuses on the companions around him, and gesturing to the tunnel mouth, "Shall we?..."
"It appears we have no true choice...

"Thonunian...after you?"
Thonunian
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thonunian »

Thonunian looks her up and down then sighs.

"Well, it would hardly be polite to send a lady in first, and as you are the only one of us who can heal...

Balpur, Renard. Either of you care to lead the way? I am a good fighter, but since I also have spells, I believe the best tactical position for me would be the middle. It would also be nice is either of you know how to track..."

His eyes widen suddenly. I do hope that my comment about the marble didn't inspire the rouge to head down there for some impromptu mining...
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

*hard stare with a raised brow*

"Spells or no, Thonunian, are you, or are you not, currently the best fighter among us without Atrus or Arael?"

*bowing*

"I accept you have more spells and spell-like abilities than I, but you also have skills with a blade which can be even quicker than a spell. Are you comfortable with the idea of either Balpur or Renard possibly blocking your way for a good strike at an unexpected target?"
Thonunian
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thonunian »

She certainly does proves the point of Druids being straightforward to the point of rudeness, but she also has a point...

Thonunian seems to think about what she said for a while, then replies, "I suppose you are right. I am simply not used to the idea of being the best fighter among any group that is not comprised almost entirely of non-combatants.

"I will take the lead, but..."

he pauses and extracts something from his pack.

"I believe that my lantern would probably be the best one here, and if we should need one, someone else should probably carry it."

He waits for someone to accept it, and assuming they do, draws his sword, looks at the others, and asks "Are we ready to head back to the secret passage, where our companions have presumably gone?"
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

Thonunian wrote:"I suppose you are right. I am simply not used to the idea of being the best fighter among any group that is not comprised almost entirely of non-combatants.

"I will take the lead, but..."

he pauses and extracts something from his pack.

"I believe that my lantern would probably be the best one here, and if we should need one, someone else should probably carry it."
Smiling secretly to herself, the small elf reaches out and takes the lantern from the taller one.

"I have my own lantern, but you are right, it is not as nice as this. Here, I'll take it, so I'll follow right behind you.

"Balpur, if some of what I learned of your race is correct, you would see better into shadows and gloom than Renard here. Will you take the rear, to keep an eye on the trail to our backs? I..."

*blush*

"...I would like to have Renard at my back, if possible..."
Thonunian wrote:"Are we ready to head back to the secret passage, where our companions have presumably gone?"
"Lead on..."
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

As Thonunian and Tanya bantered back and forth about 'taking the lead' Renard, fully against his better instincts, puffed out his chest and was about to offer to take the lead --- thankfully the tall elf agreed. It was not so much that Renard was afraid (the prospect of delving in to the unknown was positively exciting), but there was no doubt Thonunian was far better at dealing with anything that sprang on them.

"With that settled, dear Tänya, I shall indeed stand with you -- at you back, side, front, anywhere you wish. Your commands are laced with wisdom by which I will follow. <bow> Thonunian, as the lady says, 'Lead on!'"
:)

The notion that he is going in to the dark with two elves and a gobin and they are the ones suggsting light strikes Renard as funny. He makes a mental note of it and follows the others back in to the unknown...
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

Renard wrote:The notion that he is going in to the dark with two elves and a goblin and they are the ones suggesting light strikes Renard as funny. He makes a mental note of it and follows the others back in to the unknown...
[ooc]From when I entered the cavern before, my understanding was I needed a source of light to take advantage of my low-light vision. Which is why y'all saw my lantern on a stalagmite as I was fighting the wolves. Thonunian and I will now see twice as far as a human, but only Balpur wouldn't have needed light at all[/ooc]
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

Balpur accepts to ends your line.

the group enters the cave and goes quickly to the secret passage.

You see that the secred door is open. The passage is comletly deep in darkness and you need your light sources to enlight the path.

You move foward in the tunnel untill you reach a spiral staircase that leads down in to the earth. You can't say how deep is the stairs... what do you want to do?
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

[ooc]Spot, search, and listen checks please, DM.

...also, uhm...

What did I do with Solana? :oops:
Did I bring her into the cavern with me? Or leave her in the temple above? If she came, it is obvious she wouldn't make it down the stairs, and I don't have a way of making her small yet.

...think, think, think...

oh fudge...alright...although I hate the thought of sending her away for now if this doesn't work

I have no idea if this is feasible, but...

If we continue forward, a handle animal check to see if Solana can climb down the stairs[/ooc]

Looking at the stairway, Tänya gazes around at the rest of the tunnel. She can feel the large horse quivering under her touch, and felt the same as her. She would much rather be above ground then in this dark...dungeon... She longed for the light of Solaris upon her face.

Leaning her forehead against the sunburst blaze, she whispers to her friend, "Stay with me as long as you are able. We will face new challenges together you and I. Let us see if you can accompany me down this helical maw ahead of us."

[ooc]unless the spot, search, and listen checks reveal alternatives, I assume we'll continue downward[/ooc]
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

[ooc] agreed. [/ooc]
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

Solana can climb the stairs, but she can move only 1/4 her normal speed.
You need a handle animal check to make her climb the stairs.

You all can hear a far clang of iron against something non metallic object.
The noise comes from the deep...
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

Renard's reaction is almowst immediate. The colour drains from his face and his tense but excited demeanor turns to cold terror.

"Ahkash is in danger!"
He fumbles for his rapier, and looking at each of his companions with a look of stark urgency, speaks, "Tänya, ask Solana if she can follow you as best she can. Thonunian, please follow me! There is a demon down there!"

Renard atually takes a moment to kiss Tänya's hand, taking the lantern as he does so, "I will need this, sweet one."

In a slightly clumsy manner of one not use to 'heroics' Renard, actually attempts to move quickly down the stairs in to the unknown...
(hoping he will be followed..... 8O
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

Backing slowly down the stairs as she leads Solana downward, Tänya glances up at the bard following the horse and casts him a private smile meant to inspire bravery in them both, but was more quivering with concern as she saw the bard quickly pocket something, and then take the lantern from her and brandish his rapier while preparing to run off.

"Renard? What is it? A demon???

"Solana!! I must follow!

"I want you to Heel as best you can, and be prepared to Defend me and all our companions if necessary. Praise Solaris you are trained to Attack all Creatures..." <hugging her head close> "If you can't make it down the stairs on your own, then Guard this staircase. We may need to fly back up it in retreat!"

With a last hurried pat on to Solana's snout, Tänya strings her longbow, notches an arrow, and rushes off after Thonunian and the bard into the unknown, hoping the goblin follows after.
Thonunian
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thonunian »

Obviously, Thonunian does follow Renard down. But first, he takes a moment to make sure all his weapons and armor are fully secure, and that he can reach his materials pouch at a moments notice.

[ooc]Why, why, why didn't I finish my second level character sheet and send it in already?!?! Groan...[/ooc]
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

Thonunian wrote:[ooc]Why, why, why didn't I finish my second level character sheet and send it in already?!?! Groan...[/ooc]
[ooc]:oops:

Perhaps because your mother hogs the computer?[/ooc]
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

You are now at the end of the stairs.
Solana is far behind you all and you can hear her hooves tapping on the stairs, slowly.

You approach now another corridor and you can now hear clearly the sound of a sword and a man that is moaning coming from the end of the corridor. A soft light come from the end of the corridor. You can see a room and a door to the north. (map added in the proper thread)
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

Moving forward, "Atrus! What has happened? Where is Ahkash?!"

Renard takes a quick look at the three doors. (DM, can you please describe them...)
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

yes of course as soon as the others tell me what they want to do ;)
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

Covering both Atrus and Renard with her longbow, Tänya does the standard Spot, Search, and Listen checks upon entering a new location.

She approaches Atrus cautiously. If all remains quiet, she kneels by him and does a heal check to see if he is hurt further in anyway (he never did accept the healing of the clerics).

Return to “D&D Dark Hope”