Pantheon: The Third Age - Rules and Comments Thread

Moderator: Xar

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

...oy vey...

Although I do like that picture the most of the one's that have been posted of me among Watchers...
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Was your 'first look' blurred by tears of joy ... or FEAR! :twisted: :P
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Joy.
Even through the blurriness, can you not see the benevolent smile?
(I was sitting to Fist's right as we waited for the AllFather)
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Was your 'first look' blurred by tears of joy ... or FEAR!
Tears of joy, I'd wager. That and the opportunity to milk Xar for all the info he could. :lol:
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Xar, I accidentally sent you my rough draft for my turn. Please disregard it for it is not my final turn. I meant to save it but I hit the send button instead. :oops:
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Congrats on your new prophet, Calais! Diamond, eh? There's a joke there somewhere along the profit/prophet line, but it's hovering just out of reach...
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I really wasn't expecting anything from Ez & Crew, but nobody has an opinion about this? :lol:
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

I do. He seems quite reasonable :D
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

My opinion is that Pantheon 2 gave me more than my full of this particular dish.
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

If you're referring to me and Lore (and now Ez), I agree. In fact, being one of the principle parties, I had a bigger plate than you, and didn't want it at all. That's why minutes ago is, literally, the first time Z has responded to Nor Yekith in any way, in public or private. However, it's the only game in town, eh? Anybody want to talk about anything else? Threats to Eiran? Prophet Slayers? I've tried several times to get anything going in other areas.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

variol son wrote:My opinion is that Pantheon 2 gave me more than my full of this particular dish.
Faiths will always clash, and this is the most interesting part of the game for me. Without inter-player deals and friction, this would simply be a game of Spend DRP to Eradicate Bandits . . . again :wink:
Fist and Faith wrote:If you're referring to me and Lore (and now Ez), I agree. In fact, being one of the principle parties, I had a bigger plate than you, and didn't want it at all. That's why minutes ago is, literally, the first time Z has responded to Nor Yekith in any way, in public or private. However, it's the only game in town, eh? Anybody want to talk about anything else? Threats to Eiran? Prophet Slayers? I've tried several times to get anything going in other areas.

I'd say that the extremely long break between turns has made it hard for players to keep track of, or have attachment to events of long ago. Personally, I don't much care that my prophet was murdered . . . and I care even less that other players lost theirs :P In any case, it would have been very much out of character for the Great Serpent to discuss that issue publicly.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Oh, I'm enjoying the hell out of this. Its nice to see some discussion going on in the game thread. That's what its for, after all. The game thread has been far too quiet, IMHO. :wink:

Stonemaybe wrote:
Congrats on your new prophet, Calais! Diamond, eh? There's a joke there somewhere along the profit/prophet line, but it's hovering just out of reach...
LOL!!!! Thanks. I've been putting off getting another for too long and now with the game starting back up again, it is an opportunity to play things a little different, yes?

Profit/prophet :haha: Thats good!
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Montresor wrote:Personally, I don't much care that my prophet was murdered . . . and I care even less that other players lost theirs :P
:lol:

And yeah, sorry I didn't mention it, Calais. I was preoccupied. Heh. Nice story for Julia. :D
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Montresor wrote:
variol son wrote:My opinion is that Pantheon 2 gave me more than my full of this particular dish.
Faiths will always clash, and this is the most interesting part of the game for me. Without inter-player deals and friction, this would simply be a game of Spend DRP to Eradicate Bandits . . . again :wink:
I could have sworn players were telling me how much they enjoyed the intrigue of P2. I say bring back the conflict between gods, otherwise it's as you said.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

I could have sworn players were telling me how much they enjoyed the intrigue of P2. I say bring back the conflict between gods, otherwise it's as you said.
I agree wholeheartedly and second that motion! The game is much more fun with the game thread discussions, debates, arguments, and banter. Some of the funnest parts for me in P2 was the banter between Jove and Asta.

Hey, Creator, we need to become enemies again so that our banter can help liven up the game thread again, LOL!!! We are life and death, after all. And now that Yek and Zeph have started up, it will be like old times.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Loremaster wrote:
Montresor wrote:
I'm not saying that I don't want conflict - this just feels like exactly the same conflict is all. ;)

Good thing I'm having fun. :D
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Hey, noone can complain about the void, it doesnt say anything at all :P
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Dorian wrote:Hey, noone can complain about the void, it doesnt say anything at all :P
Which isn't much fun, is it?????????????????? ;)

Has anyone else not started their turn yet? I have a good idea in my head what I'm going to do, but thing is, it all depends on one little thing at the start, which if it doesn't work, makes the rest all pointless.

Problems problems
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Oh lord, I wrote my turn weeks ago. :LOLS:
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Dorian