In the kitchen with Cail.....

Learn how to make Spring Wine and aliantha cookies.

Moderator: Menolly

Lorelei
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lorelei »

Its not for everyone Cail but I find a touch of cinnamon adds a little something to the dough. People love my cookies and can't figure out how I do.

Oh I think I live in between you and Cruella and I have a stand mixer, you're more than welcome to borrow my kitchen for experiments.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

MM wrote:Not sure why I came to this thread...but now that I've read it, I'm finding Cail's quest for the perfect chocolate chip cookie to be oddly compelling.

Don't mind me, I'm just a clueless observer.
Exactly my thoughts as well! Damn Cail, you're funny. You should write a cookbook for divorced males. [/quote]
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

MM wrote:Not sure why I came to this thread...but now that I've read it, I'm finding Cail's quest for the perfect chocolate chip cookie to be oddly compelling.

Exactly my thoughts as well! Damn Cail, you're funny. You should write a cookbook for divorced men.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Matrixman wrote:Not sure why I came to this thread...but now that I've read it, I'm finding Cail's quest for the perfect chocolate chip cookie to be oddly compelling.

The thread is an allegory - Cail's "quest for the perfect chocolate chip cookie" is really his quest for the secret of the universe. ;)
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

dlbpharmd wrote:
Matrixman wrote:Not sure why I came to this thread...but now that I've read it, I'm finding Cail's quest for the perfect chocolate chip cookie to be oddly compelling.

The thread is an allegory - Cail's "quest for the perfect chocolate chip cookie" is really his quest for the secret of the universe. ;)
Not the bloodline of Christ?
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

"In dark chocolate, veritas"

I've slacked and haven't made another batch in a while. I got on a scale about a month ago and realized that I was damn near what I weighed 15 years ago, which is almost to my dream "target weight", so I'm currently shunning all sweets.

I do have a jar of applesauce in the fridge, and I picked up some WW pastry flour, so I'm getting ready to give it another go. I need to hurry up, as I should finally be getting my stuff back within the next few weeks, and I want to do this without the benefit of all the wonderful kitchen gadgets.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Cail...

First and second batch posts have been cached to The Cantina. Looking forward to a third batch report.

:biggrin:
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Heh....Give it time.

I've got a killer stir-fry I may add in a bit as well.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Cail wrote:Heh....Give it time.
Will do.
Cail wrote:I've got a killer stir-fry I may add in a bit as well.
I look forward to it!!!
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

MMM. . . cookies! :D

Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Oh man on man oh man.

I got a Kitchen Aid Artisan mixer on sale today at Kohl's for $200 (couldn't resist). I whipped up a batch of cookies today that are just killer.

I can make a great batch of cookies with common utensils. I make The Best Damn Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever with a mixer.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

:biggrin:

Congrats on your new baby, Cail. Is it a 325 motor? How many quarts is the bowl?

I love my KA.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

It's a 325 tilt-head 5-quart bowl. I went back to Kohl's today and it was $300.

I would've loved to have gotten the Professional model, but I couldn't justify twice the price.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Cail wrote:It's a 325 tilt-head 5-quart bowl. I went back to Kohl's today and it was $300.
Niiice...
Cail wrote:I would've loved to have gotten the Professional model, but I couldn't justify twice the price.
Wouldn't we all, but for home use, you don't need any more powerful than that, even if you decide to mix bread dough in it.

I can't wait to hear more of your adventures using it. Enjoy!!!
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

Yay, Cail! Yours sounds a lot like mine. . . I have the heavy duty model, 325 watt, 5 quart with the bowl lifter instead of the tilt head. Mine's cobalt blue, and I've had it for 5 years with nary a complaint.

Now, we were talking about cookies, yes? Get baking, man! :biggrin:

Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I am a B.A.M.F. in the kitchen.

So I decided to whip up another batch with a twist....

Peanut motherlovin' Butter.

Same recipe, added three heaping soup spoons of all-natural (no added sugar) creamy peanut butter, upped the milk to somewhere around 2 tbsp, and added roughly 1/3 cup of flour (to compensate for the added wet stuff). Cooked 'em for about 12 minutes (watch that, I think my oven might not have been all the way preheated).

Awesome.
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

Sounds pretty good, Cail. When you gonna publish your cookbook? :D

Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

When I can talk a publisher into letting me do a pop-up, scratch 'n sniff one!
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

You forgot about the scratch n' taste part too. . . ;)

Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Heh.....I just got a mental image of people standing in a bookstore licking my cookbook.

Return to “The Galley”