L.E Modesitt

For those who want to talk about other authors, but can't be bothered to go join other boards...

Moderators: Orlion, Dragonlily

Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

My library has "Imager's Battallion"!
Don't think I really have time to start and finish such a book in two weeks right now, though...

I think I'm just a lot more comfortable putting my mind into "fantasy mode" rather than "sci-fi mode," having read more fantasy and maybe being more familiar w/ the conventions.
Might be awhile before I go for something like "Adiamante" or even a re-read of "Flash." (maybe I'll "get" more out of its discussion of advertising when I do.)

So, to avoid spoilers then... u, would you say that you re-read Adiamante for primarily to gain perspective, or primarly for personal enjoyment.
(Or would you characterize it some other way?)
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

Linna Heartlistener wrote:So, to avoid spoilers then... u, would you say that you re-read Adiamante for primarily to gain perspective, or primarly for personal enjoyment.
(Or would you characterize it some other way?)
I've reread Adiamante numerous times, Linna, so I'd hope I've got most of the perspective at this stage :lol: On the first couple of rereads I'd have still been absorbing the moral implications (they're overtly stated, a bit like in The Ethos Effect), now I enjoy other aspects like pacing and little hints that some of Modesitt's worlds may inhabit the same universe (a-la-Stephen King).

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.

Return to “General Literature Discussion”