Darkwood--Deepening Dusk

Moderator: Seven Words

Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

"Convey our discoveries to who? 'The monitor?'" the bard asks, totally lost and wondering if she missed more of the discussion while upstairs than she had realized.
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

"Yes" both Skyseeker and Jauron reply in chorus, sharing a quick grin at the double answer. SHe gestures for him to continue, "Yurian, the only name he uses, is the monitor for this region. There are several of us who report to him, simply keeping an eye on the Darkwood and the Reek. The events happening now are precisely the reason such observers were emplaced, even though it is "impossible" for this to be happening." He grins sardonically, "How does it feel to be part of the impossible?"
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"This is the druid you spoke of earlier?"
Geek the mage, first.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

With a curt nod, the bard listened intently for an answer, having surmised the same for herself...
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

SKyseeker nods, and says, "He is. Before this, the only troubles in the region were further north, a band of lizardfolk had moved to the edge of the DArkWood, and were making forays beyond."
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"Now there's a Wemic working with a group of orcs."
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Skyseeker nods, but looks at a loss for explanations....as does Jauron, who says "Wemics and orcs are usually bitter foes, for orcs indiscriminately slaughter, while Wemics tend to have some grasp of the concept of husbandry....meaning that they won't kill every antelope they can find for a succession of feasts and then move on as orcs do...but rather they hunt carefully to not overly deplete the population. Granted, their willingness to add some human or elf to their diets makes them unpleasant neighbors, but not generally evil ones..or so I ma given to understand." Skyseeker murmurs agreement.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Jauron pulls out a scroll...."If you folk would please stand ready? I don't anticipate any actual problems...but should something happen, I'd appreciate your preparedness for it."
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Unsure of exactly what she is watching for, the bard unsheathes her dagger and stands watching, lightly balancing on her toes for quick action, if needed.
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"I'll just step outside the door and keep an eye on the common room. Perhaps someone out there will react to what you're about to do."

Led then goes through the door and closes it firmly behind himself. He moves into the common room and heads for the bar. Once there, he leans on the bar, facing towards the room and scans for suspicious activity.

If anyone asks him for his order, he'll get a pint of the local brew, but will continue scanning the room while he says that. (If it's Ellys, he'll glance at her and smile, but then turn back to the room.)
Geek the mage, first.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus stands up and takes a position where he has a clear shot at most of the room and through the open door, even though he has no idea what may happen either.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Jauron stand up, and begins reading the enchantment from his scroll.

He speaks his message quickly, lest he be interrupted....

a few minutes later, a response is received, judging by his body language.

"My friends, Yurian has been warned by others as well....all along the edges of the DarkWood, evil things are stirring. War-Bands have already left from Ma'ashii Tala'Ghesti, and are making their way across the Heshic plains....some coming ahead by magic means. We should see aid here in two to five days....Too much chaos amidst all the revelations for any more accurate timetable than that."
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

From the common room, Led sees two men acting suspiciously, then leaving.

After seeing the two men leave the common room, he will attempt to infer which direction they take once they get to the street. Led quickly moves to the door to the back room, opens it and says "I think that those two guys who just left know whatever it was you did, and are going to report on it. I'd appreciate some help following them. It looks like they were heading for the nearest gate out of town."

Then he heads out to the street, hoping to spot them before they can round a corner.
Geek the mage, first.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

The bard sighs deeply, then leaves the room to regretfully cancel her order for hot bath water. Ellys shakes her head ruefully, having run her eyes over the young farmgirl's appearance, but acknowledges the request.

Sprinting up the stairs to her room to retrieve her bow and quiver (after all, she thought she would be returning to bathe after some discussion and dinner), Laurel quickly restrings her shortbow and then heads out to the street, hoping she can at least catch sight of Led and be able to follow.
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynakrus looks out after Led, and tries to catch Laurel's attention before she can leave the bar. Whether or not he succeeds, he turns to the rest before anyone can leave, and says, "This may have been part of the communications, but there was some magic besides that employed directly by the scroll that entered the room at about the same time as you got your response, Jauron."
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Stamping her foot in frustration at having lost the scribe while fetching her bow, the bard casts about for any sign of which way to follow.

If only I had taken the time to teach Hardy how to follow a scent, Laurel silently fumes to herself. It is probably too much to hope for Garvin having had prior training in such...

The thought having entered her mind, Laurel headed back to the room to ask the caravan master if he knew anything of the training her new horse previously had. She arrives at the door in time to hear Vynarkus tell the others about the magic, then turns and asks Jauran, "Master, do you know anything of my mare's, who I have named Garvin, former training? Would she be trained in picking up a scent? Led has vanished from my sight, and I see no tracks to follow. But then, I have no training in locating such..."
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Jauron looks taken aback at the idea..."Lady, I know only he has been trained as a regular riding beast, nothing more. She may be able to grasp you wish her to follow a scent....perhaps."

Skyseeker looks down, briefly, and says "I can follow Led's tracks...and he appears to be following two others...one of whom is clad in some truly heavy armor, judging by his prints."
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Perking up at Skyseeker's words, the bard goes off and fetches Garvin anyway. "Just in case we come upon an area where the ground was too hard to register any tracks," she says, hesitantly. "Led never finished transferring all of his items Hardy was carrying for him to his horse before Marrik took off with him, so I brought something along to attempt to give Garvin the scent. Let me just see if she can pick anything up, and perhaps you can verify if she finds the right trail?" she asks.

Holding out a small item, Garvin snuffles it a bit with her nose, then leans her head down and whinnies, attempting to pull the bard off down the street. Laurel reins her in, then looks at Skyseeker with a question in her eyes...
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus has been leaning on the wall with a look of concentration on his face, attempting to determine what spell was cast. His face brightens shortly after Laurel goes to get Garvin, but then darkens again just before she gets back. When she comes back in and has finished talking, he says, "I was able to work out what spell was cast. It is known as Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, and lets you see or hear in the area it is cast into. It may have been cast by the same person who Jauron contacted, but I think it more likely to have been the two men Led went chasing after."

After he has finished talking, he flashes a brief grin at Skyseeker, and says, "Good to hear we have someone who can track! That can be quite useful..."
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Everyone follows Skyseeker's lead, and the trail heads toward the nearest gate out of town. You see two figures quickly heading away from the gate, and Led is gesturing urgently towards them.

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”