Vampire: Dark Ages - Scene 6: Over the river and etc.

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Post by Seska Karantanija »

[Meant to post a few things with NPCs, but the weekend was busier than expected.]

On the ride into town Seska tries to converse with Roderigo, "How are you holding up? Your treatment was rough, although it does seem to have helped allay their suspicions."

Allowing a little time for the weight of the conversation to settle, she offers a suggestion. "You are with us under the pretense of knowing things about Hardestadt as well as our sires. What if tell them during this trip we came to an 'agreement' that you became one of our ghouls? As a poke in the eye to Hardestadt, of course. Perhaps the good woman Alina since you share the same faith. If 'claimed' by her and you played the part, we could tone down your ill treatment, and be a source of vitae if you end up needing it. We have all evening, so think on it."

In town Seska takes a few minutes alone with her retainers. Their time together is short by necessity. She spends it leaning against Vida for comfort while giving Bojan and Pierre orders to gather equipment they may need. Basic weapons, a few lockable chests, stake and mallets, rations should they need to take to the road, and anything else they can think of with their experience. She also lets them know they were accepted by their sires while hopefully fulfilling enough of Hardestadt's orders so as to stay his threats. Before she rejoins the others, she asks Vida to consider taking her blood, even if only until they extract themselves from this situation. They have to return through town, so she has the night to consider it.

To Gedeminas' offer she clasps her hands high on her shoulders and bites her lower lip. Thinking of the marks upon her back she makes a feeble excuse, "I... I... would rather stay in my riding outfit. It is more suited to... horseback than such nice finery." Trying not to offend she does point to a dress and offers a suggestion, "Perhaps Vida could use this one. I worry about leaving them alone for too long given what we have learned of late. If something happened to her I would be devestated."
Gedeminas
Ramen

Post by Gedeminas »

Gedeminas nods at Taduz's response and shrugs at Alina's reaction.

"Taduz, you're right about the problem with your changing size, although I haven't seen you do that of your own accord.
"Alina, given the situation, we need to keep our group together and alive. Don't bother paying me unless you leave and take them with you."

He looks confused at Seska's reaction, "You're acting embarrassed, but aren't...
"No matter. If you don't want to change in front of us, my wagon's empty right now. I just figure we should have armor where there is not a specific reason for an individual not to. Also... Here's a riding outfit. When I made these, I figured anyone rich enough to buy them would want them for all situations."
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Post by Taduz Illyannovich »

Gedeminas wrote:
"Taduz, you're right about the problem with your changing size, although I haven't seen you do that of your own accord.
"My time with my Sire was both enlightening and educational. My sire taught me about my clan, and our powers, I gained alot from the night we spent there."

I wiggle more against the puppygirl/pillow behind me.
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
Seeker, Koldun, Fleshcrafter.
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Gedeminas wrote:He looks confused at Seska's reaction, "You're acting embarrassed, but aren't...
"No matter. If you don't want to change in front of us, my wagon's empty right now. I just figure we should have armor where there is not a specific reason for an individual not to. Also... Here's a riding outfit. When I made these, I figured anyone rich enough to buy them would want them for all situations."
[I have to go OOC for a moment, since I can't really RP this out. Well, I could, but it makes more sense to say what the characters could see easily but is obfuscated behind text.

Seska is tiny at 4'10". More than likely any pre-made dress would need some significant tailoring to be brought down to her size. Her riding outfit is a custom-fitted form-fitting leather with a high neck and breeches. The standard lady's riding outfit of the time has a skirt and is meant for side-saddle. She's unorthodox, but also rides her horses much more strenuously than most. (Would have had more than three dots of ride, but we were restricted to that as mortals.) It's unlikely Ged would have anything proportioned for her in stock, and even if close it'd take them several hours, if not days, to fit it.

What she is scared of though, is showing the scales on her back. They go over her shoulders and up into the hairline on the back of her neck. Most outfits would have at least some of this area exposed. Like her original dress in my avatar. Though people probably saw them while they were in the dungeon, she doesn't want to risk exposing it. Being declared a witch and burned at the stake sort of risk.
]
Sabine
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sabine »

I giggle louder. I say "You're squishing me!" but nobody can hear me. I'm invisible.

Then, I vanish for real. [Protean 5]

I float over to Seska. She's talking to someone about grown-up stuff.

I appear again next to her.

I laugh and stick my tongue at Taduz.
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Seska pulls Sabine close for a hug then pets her hair.
Sabine
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sabine »

I giggle more.

When Seska pets my hair, I remember that I love petting hair.

I try to get to her hair so I can pet it. I climb up onto the bench next to her. [I'm confused. Are we in the coach, or inside the inn?]
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

[Time is a little diluted. I think at the Inn, otherwise Seska is on her horse.]
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

[Coach is the last place I headed, and others have already jumped into the coach]
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Gedeminas
Ramen

Post by Gedeminas »

[we got in the coach, went to the village where we left our retainers, and got out to find and talk to them. This could be in an Inn there, but who knows? However, we are nowhere near the Inn that our Sires are in.]
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

[It's a time distortion. Taduz started his playing with dirt at the other Inn, and that's where he and Sabine began their play. Call it a flashback. And it's only a few miles.]
Olaf_Magnusson
Ramen

Post by Olaf_Magnusson »

Olaf keeps to himself, simply listening and learning what he can of his new companions....musing on the vagaries of fate. Also much on his mind is vengeance....where now should it be directed? his murderer lies dead....would that be more dead?...The one who ordered his demise must be held accountable...but what after that one?
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

I actually started my dirt playing in the coach, since we were waiting for others to finish their stuffs.
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

[My interpretation is that: Sabine was pettying Olaf's hair in the coach. You all got to the second in (where your retainers are), and Gedeminas get the armor. That conversation, and the subsiquent Taduz vs. Sabine playing (with Seska's help hiding) was all at the inn.]

[Seska, PM tomorrow about the rest of the conversation with Roderigo. Vida will ponder the drinking of your blood.]

The armor is very good quality, but light chain. It's still made of meal, and would be metal-colored (perhaps with paint on it, but probably not). FYI, heavy chain would be armor 4, with dex penalties, etc. This is finer chain that that, which is why in only gives 2 armor.

After this part of the conversation, the party returns to the carriage with Roderigo, and they resume their trip to Japheth's monastery.

In a few hours, they arrive. The Monastery of St. Timothy sits amidst a beautiful garden that looks lush even at night. The air is heady with the scent of healing herbs and flowers. Solemn in the midst of the flora, the modest building is silent at night, except for the sound of the crickets, and dark save for a few candles. Roderigo stays with the carriage.

As the characters approach the still monastery, they hear deep voices raised in reverent chant. There are a dozen monks in the inner courtyard engaged in nocturnal prayer. Each vampire feels a slight unease when entering the building, but that is all.
Sabine
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sabine »

I'm bored. Too many grown-ups around. Taduz and Seska will play with me.

I hide from Taduz, with Seska between us so he can't see me.
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Seska plays along. Feigning a concerned tone, "Oh dear, Sabine has run off again. How will we ever find her? She could be lost forever in this garden."

Making sure Danica is lashed to the carriage and she has the letter in hand, she keeps an eye out for a monk with whom they can speak. She tries to not let the discomfort rattle her, however it has been years since she has gotten near a place of worship used by the Christians, setting her even more at unease.
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Great, he's damned, traffics with dead things, AND he's a slave.

Trying to hide his discomfort at the aura of the place.

A bit gruff "We have the missive, yes? Let's get it delivered and get out of here. That wailing sets my teeth on edge."
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

"If the worst their faith offered these lands was a rhythmic moan, we would all be fortunate. Do not begrudge their chanting if it keeps them otherwise occupied."
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

A man steps from a doorway across the courtyard, and walks over to meet them. Holding his finger to his lips and pointing at the chanting monks, he leads them over to a smaller room off the courtyard, then closes the door behind him. The sound of chanting is muffled by the walls, in here.

The man, who in the light of the lamps inside the room, is quite young, barely old enough to grow a beard. "How may I be of service?" At the mention of Japheth's name, he replies, "Of course, please come with me." and leads them further into the monastery. Down several flights of stairs they go, now certainly below the ground. This must be the catecombs to the place, where bodies were stored for burial when the ground was frozen too hard to afford digging a grave. Several small nooks are seen in the walls, where such bodies would be placed.

Continuing on, the young man leads them to a small chapel. There is an alter to the far side of the room, with three chairs before it. Two of the chairs are empty, but the one on the right is filled with a tall thin man in a monk's robe and tonsure. The room is strangely lit, as if from nowhere in particular. There appear to be no sources of light in the room, and yet all is easily visible. One could even read in this light, were one able to read.

As they arrive, the tall man rises and turns to greet them. His has a kind of sunken seeming to him, and a pale one. His skin is a strange color of blue or grey. All in all, he looks like the recently dead corpse of tall thin monk, and his his expression instills in all a sense of calm. "I am Japheth Cappadocious, foremost of the sons of Great Cappadocious, abbot of the monastery of martyred St. Timothy. What is your business with me?"
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Seska steps forward. "I am Seska Karantanija, once Countess of Tótkomlós, reduced to naught but an errand girl." She presents the letter from Claudio.

Return to “Vampire: Dark Ages”