What the hell is up with 99% of women??

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

___ wrote:
High Lord Tolkien wrote:I've never been able to figure out the "Julia Roberts Mystery" as I call it.
I thought she looked pretty in Pretty Woman. Anyway, forget her; explain to me what makes Sarah Jessica Parker hot, because I'm not seeing it. Maybe she's just an extraordinarily sweet person in real life, and that's what the media sees in her.
'Cuz horses are pretty :biggrin:
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

dANdeLION wrote:
aliantha wrote:How do you guys feel about Cher? I hear that's a pretty good litmus test....
She was pretty at least till Moonstruck (mid-eighties?), but some time after that she started looking weird, in that 'too much plastic surgery' way. I remember watching Sonny & Cher when I was a kid; I thought she was beautiful back then.

The thing I worry about is my daughter. I've always told her she is beautiful, smart, perfect, the whole works. She dyes her hair every now and then; always auburn (she was blonde as a baby, but her hair is gradually turning brown). I just hope I didn't say something the first time she dyed it that makes her want to keep it red.
Red is a thing, man. I've been dyeing my hair since I was 12 and I still want it to be more and more red. Actually, let me rephrase that, I want it fire engine red, but job hunting, ya know?

I'm not happy with dark brown, and I tried bleaching my hair once; I looked like a pumpkin after. I think red compliments most any skin tone and eye color. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
"Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt." - Kurt Vonnegut
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

When Batty was in high school -- have I bored you guys with this story yet? Can't remember. To proceed -- she dyed her hair jet black. Then she decided to go to the other extreme and bleach it all out. Well. The roots bleached just fine. From there down, the bleach only sort of worked. Her hair went from white to pale yellow to darker yellow, through the pumpkin shades, to still-black-as-night at the ends.

She loved it, of course. :lol: And it all grew out eventually. (Lately she's been keeping her hair really short and wearing wigs. Sometimes she swaps wigs partway through the day, just to confuse people. :roll:)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Heh, my daughter's 11. First time my ex died her hair she was about 3. I had to tell her a few months back that red is NOT her original hair color. Jaz, you could color your hair purple and I'd still think you're gorgeous.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Your ex dyed her hair when she was 3?? What did she use, magic markers? Those tablets from the Easter egg coloring kit? :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

It was real dye.

Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

That's...wow. Where were her parents at the time? Oh, never mind.... :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

I was at work. If memory serves, one of her brothers came home from school with lice, and she got it. My ex reasoned that dye would kill the lice. That is not true, but it was no less pointless a venture than arguing with said ex, so there you have it.
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

JazFusion wrote: Red is a thing, man. I've been dyeing my hair since I was 12 and I still want it to be more and more red. Actually, let me rephrase that, I want it fire engine red, but job hunting, ya know?

I'm not happy with dark brown, and I tried bleaching my hair once; I looked like a pumpkin after. I think red compliments most any skin tone and eye color. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
the teens around here use koolaid packets to dye their hair. You want RED use koolaid. One of the teens in my house used it. It seems to last about a month.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

difference between men and women? not about body issues - but a difference none-the-less.

julie has been obsessing about work - so last night she announces that she will no longer talk about it - i say ok and get up to leave - and she says to me...

wait, we need to talk about it!

we need to talk about not talking about her job.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

You're kidding, right? Wow, koolaid. I wonder if that is responsible for those kids whose heads look like BBQ potato chips around here.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

___ wrote:I was at work. If memory serves, one of her brothers came home from school with lice, and she got it. My ex reasoned that dye would kill the lice. That is not true, but it was no less pointless a venture than arguing with said ex, so there you have it.
Oh! I misunderstood your original post. I thought your ex had dyed her *own* hair at the age of 3 -- so your 11-year-old's dyeing her hair now would be, y'know, genetically based.

The real story is actually funnier, in a way. (And you were right -- arguing with somebody who thinks hair dye will kill lice is a losing proposition from the get-go...)

EZ Board Survivor

CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

aliantha wrote:
___ wrote:I was at work. If memory serves, one of her brothers came home from school with lice, and she got it. My ex reasoned that dye would kill the lice. That is not true, but it was no less pointless a venture than arguing with said ex, so there you have it.
Oh! I misunderstood your original post. I thought your ex had dyed her *own* hair at the age of 3 -- so your 11-year-old's dyeing her hair now would be, y'know, genetically based.

The real story is actually funnier, in a way. (And you were right -- arguing with somebody who thinks hair dye will kill lice is a losing proposition from the get-go...)
Straightening irons, on the other hand, seem to do a reasonable job.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Well...on red hair...the only complexion/eye that seems to fail with it is on a certain percentage of those BORN to be redheads...weird, huh?

Related to this [only sorta, to tell the truth, but it cracked me up, so i'm putting it in]...a guy I was in basic training with. [WAY before anything close to P.C. reached the military...you'll see why I mention that further on] From Puerto Rico...not everyone knows that there are only a few places on earth where an ordinary resident can be as racially complicated. So, he looked [structurally] like an attractive black man...but skin tone kind of Pacific islander...but very light eyes [like the one dude on C.S.I., only more green-ish than gold-ish]...and Carrot-Top red hair. First formation [don't even have uniforms yet...that's where we're gonna go] Drill Sergeant gets in his face, hollers "Only fags dye their hair. I see you like that again, I'll pierce your ears with a bayonet and put you in a dress at the PX." Scared to hell, the guy finally manages to say he actually is a redhead. Sarge laughs and says "Yea? Show me your pubes!" And he did...and he was.

But, back to recent issue...back in the day when I was all punk-ish colored, hair dyes had lots of nastiness in them [ammonia being the killer one, or something that killed my eyes and lungs like ammonia at least] Did dyes maybe used to kill lice? I mean...that crap isn't pleasant for living things....
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

What the hell is up with 99% of women
??

They are female..

that is what is . Acceptance of that fact will change your mind.

Doesn't bother me on whats wrong with them..
I gave them up for lent anyways..
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Ur Dead wrote:.
I gave them up for lent anyways..
Yea...everything I've lent I never got back either.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Horrim Carabal
<i>Haruchai</i>

Re: What the hell is up with 99% of women??

Post by Horrim Carabal »

Cambo wrote:This is no misogynistic rant. I'm just hacked off because last night I talked to the fourth gorgeous female friend in a month to admit to having self image problems. And apparently, they are the norm. I heard the other day that only 1% of women think they are beautiful. Now, I happen to think that about 90% of women are beautiful in some way. The reamining ten percent are either over- or under-weight, which is my only real turn-off. (And I don't mean naturally big or small. I mean the health-risk kind.) Very few people seem to agree with me on this, but meh.
I actually enjoy being with women who have a high self-confidence. One of my best friends is a woman who other women hate. They say she is "conceited", etc. But in actuality she is very attractive and knows it. It's actually very refreshing to be with a female who accepts that she is beautiful.

I don't know if this is making any sense, but sometimes girls who hate themselves and have self-image problems can be a real downer. That might not sound kind, but if you have men salivating at your presence and coming on to you in social situations, YOURE NOT UGLY. Sometimes I feel like I want to yell this into the faces of some of these women. It boggles the mind that they can consider themselves fat, ugly, unattractive, etc when guys are falling over themselves to talk to them.

So yeah, my friend who admits "I'm kinda hot" is a breath of fresh air.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”