ELOHIMFEST June 21st 2014 the official thread

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I searched Expedia.com and saw rates well over $400 round trip. I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled in the next few weeks for cheaper flights.
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Travelocity and Orbitz, at least, have an option where you can check flights from different airports. So for me, while it's $400 from Chicago, it's $208 flying out of Milwaukee to Albuquerque. The minus is that it's on Delta...
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Damelon wrote: Delta...
:throwup:

jetblue $330 nonstop roundtrip. Only problem is the only flight arrives at 11pm.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Damelon wrote:Travelocity and Orbitz, at least, have an option where you can check flights from different airports. So for me, while it's $400 from Chicago, it's $208 flying out of Milwaukee to Albuquerque. The minus is that it's on Delta...
Good idea! I'll check Nashville as well as Knoxville.
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

aliantha wrote:The squash is coming? Outstanding! :D
Can't promise anything yet, ali, I'm still gathering the cash. The flights alone are going to cost about €1,000. I'm looking at flights from New York similar to the ones lorin is talking about. If I make it I'll probably be JetBlooing it to 'Querqe too!!! :lol:

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

ussusimiel wrote: Can't promise anything yet, ali, I'm still gathering the cash. The flights alone are going to cost about €1,000. I'm looking at flights from New York similar to the ones lorin is talking about. If I make it I'll probably be JetBlooing it to 'Querqe too!!! :lol:

u.
The Flight out of JFK on Jetblue is simple. There is only one each way per day. Leaves JFK at 8pm and arrives around 11:30pm. Lousy hours but the fact that there is no changing flights makes up for it.

aliantha wrote:
Looking into flights. I'll probably book in a week or so. Looks like flying in Wednesday and flying home Monday are going to be the least expensive options.
Maybe you should stay on with Io and me and explore Santa Fe, Ojo Caliente and Taos until Thursday.
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Far away places with strange sounding names
Far away over the sea
Those far away places with strange sounding names
Are calling, calling me

:D

U, I managed flights from Heathrow for £800 ish - or rather the very nice travel agent at the co-op did. However, I have to go to London the day before and sleep in a hotel as I have to be at Heathrow by 6.30 in the morning. That, plus the taxi fare, train fare to London then tube to Heathrow bumps it up a bit. I still don't know whether I get B&B or just bed. Still, once in a lifetime trip. :biggrin:
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

lorin wrote:
ussusimiel wrote: Can't promise anything yet, ali, I'm still gathering the cash. The flights alone are going to cost about €1,000. I'm looking at flights from New York similar to the ones lorin is talking about. If I make it I'll probably be JetBlooing it to 'Querqe too!!! :lol:

u.
The Flight out of JFK on Jetblue is simple. There is only one each way per day. Leaves JFK at 8pm and arrives around 11:30pm. Lousy hours but the fact that there is no changing flights makes up for it.

aliantha wrote:
Looking into flights. I'll probably book in a week or so. Looks like flying in Wednesday and flying home Monday are going to be the least expensive options.
Maybe you should stay on with Io and me and explore Santa Fe, Ojo Caliente and Taos until Thursday.
u, I'm gonna tell you the same thing I've already told Av: You *have* to come. :biggrin:

lorin: Thursday, huh? Hmm. I did Santa Fe with the girls last time we were in Albuquerque (and would not mind going back), but I've never been up to Taos. And I think Ojo Caliente was my idea to start with, wasn't it? Hmm....

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

aliantha wrote: lorin: Thursday, huh? Hmm. I did Santa Fe with the girls last time we were in Albuquerque (and would not mind going back), but I've never been up to Taos. And I think Ojo Caliente was my idea to start with, wasn't it? Hmm....
Yep, your idea, just a little bait there. 8)

I don't remember you going to SF. I went there last time Loremaster (I think) who doesn't come here anymore . Nobody else wanted to go with us. You must have gone the time before. Taos is a mini version of SF with less tourists, more mountains and lots of "off the grid" kind of people.
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

..uhhmm..is it too late to hold this event anywhere in Colorado?
If she withdrew from exaltation, she would be forced to think- And every thought led to fear and contradictions; to dilemmas for which she was unprepared.
pg4 TLD
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

lurch wrote:..uhhmm..is it too late to hold this event anywhere in Colorado?
there's always room for a second event. Why Colorado? You're not an open sky Arizona boy anymore? Oh wait.......I get it.........DUH :bounce03:
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

LOL! And I hear the state police in adjoining states aren't too happy with folks trying to take their purchases across state lines... ;)

EDITED TO ADD: That's interesting -- Southwest takes PayPal. 8O I'm all set, arriving Thursday the 19th and departing Thursday the 26th. Hey, I gotta go to Ojo Caliente -- it was my idea. :biggrin:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

I am still open to trying to put together another gathering here in Washington. Would not dream of competing with Elohimfest, since both tradition and SRD's convenience dictate that it be in ABQ...but y'all are welcome to come to the NorthWet before or after.

We have the same legal advantages as Colorado...for those who care about that. We also have Menolly, Wadds, Balon and many other Watchers who are less obvious about their location being here...and I am not going to out them at this time. Just across the border in Oregon are Rigel, FireDaughter, and others. I am sure there are also Watchers in British Columbia.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Hmph. *I* didn't see Balon when *I* was there... ;)

EZ Board Survivor

Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

aliantha wrote:
EDITED TO ADD: That's interesting -- Southwest takes PayPal. 8O I'm all set, arriving Thursday the 19th and departing Thursday the 26th. Hey, I gotta go to Ojo Caliente -- it was my idea. :biggrin:
And then there were three! I'm really looking forward to this.

SD, the North Wet sounds a little offputting. :D

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Iolanthe wrote:SD, the North Wet sounds a little offputting. :D
From what I understand, think of it as London-like weather.
(does London have a stretch of dry weather in the summer?)
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

Is there some sort of master calendar of events herein? I'll read through the the thread but it looks like I might be able to make it after all....
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Iolanthe wrote: And then there were three! I'm really looking forward to this.
Maybe four. A girlfriend from my world around here might tag along.
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Menolly wrote:
Iolanthe wrote:SD, the North Wet sounds a little offputting. :D
From what I understand, think of it as London-like weather.
(does London have a stretch of dry weather in the summer?)
Sometimes. :D Not guaranteed though.

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

rdhopeca wrote:Is there some sort of master calendar of events herein? I'll read through the the thread but it looks like I might be able to make it after all....
Unless we deviate markedly from past events (which I doubt), there's usually a barbecue at danlo's on Friday night; Saturday night is the dinner with SRD; Lady Tam hosts a tea on Sunday; and somewhere in there is usually a group outing. One time we went up to Valles Caldera to see Andelain. :)

EZ Board Survivor

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”