Malazan and other stuff.

Moderators: lucimay, Onos T'oolan

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

First read: Deadhouse Gates. Book 2

Post by SoulBiter »

Ahhhhh Kulp....
Spoiler
What a way to go... instantaneously eaten by thousands and thousands of rats.....
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Holsety
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Holsety »

SoulBiter wrote: Ahhhhh Kulp....
Spoiler
What a way to go... instantaneously eaten by thousands and thousands of rats.....
Kulp's resume includes (or perhaps fails to include) one of my favorite references to Glen Cook's The Black Company.
Spoiler
There actually is a mage, I think in the 4th black company novel, I don't think it's one of the really powerful ones, who weaves a spell related to boatcraft/boat repair or something like that. Maybe the Ruse warren includes spells for craft as well as the water itself.
My favorite romance...I think is disclosed in MoI?
Spoiler
Rake and Silanah. I don't really know any otherkin that I'm aware of in real life, and I'm not sure I've even talked to any on the internet, but they have this kind of weirdly silly reputation in my mind. So I always thought it was funny that Rake likes getting it on in his dragon form.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Yes, that's a very interesting relationship.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Black Company is in my top 10 of series. You can feel the resemblance in the writing by Erikson. A long way to go to finish this series then I think I will revisit the Black Company.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Holsety
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Holsety »

SoulBiter wrote: Black Company is in my top 10 of series. You can feel the resemblance in the writing by Erikson. A long way to go to finish this series then I think I will revisit the Black Company.
Ya. Also, I don' really remember what I dread of the read empire series, but I believe there's a character in there who's somewhat Kruppe-like.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

SoulBiter wrote: Black Company is in my top 10 of series. You can feel the resemblance in the writing by Erikson. A long way to go to finish this series then I think I will revisit the Black Company.
Hmmm, sounds like I should look for it. :D Seen it referenced here before but never read (or even seen) any of them.

--A
Holsety
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Holsety »

Hmmm, sounds like I should look for it. :D Seen it referenced here before but never read (or even seen) any of them.

--A
If you're lucky, you can find an omnibus containing the first few books.

Return to “Steven Erikson Forum”