New Dr Who

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

taraswizard
<i>Haruchai</i>

Dr. Who news

Post by taraswizard »

Written before
Is JN-T inovolved in the production of the new series in any way?
AFAIK, unfortunately John N-T died a few years ago.
Allan Rosewarne
taraswizard Essence of Amber
Buffy fans Chicago
W/T they are forever
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Some fans would relish that JNT cant be involved. Shame becaue he was a good producer.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Re: Dr. Who news

Post by Menolly »

taraswizard wrote:AFAIK, unfortunately John N-T died a few years ago.
:::gasp!:::

I had no idea. How sad, he was a kind man to the fans at Omnicon in the early 1980s.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Menolly wrote:I've had the privilege of shaking Jon Pertwee's, Peter Davidson's, and Colin Baker's hands
That's cool, Menolly! Peter Davison is my favorite Doctor, alongside Chris Eccleston. Yes, I like Mr. Eccleston's portrayal very much, and I like the interaction between him and Billie Piper even more. :)

In fact, the new Dr. Who is my favorite show on TV right now. Watched the conclusion of the 2-parter last night (the one where they go back to WWII London - I keep missing the episode titles). The more I watch this new series, the more I feel that they're doing everything just right. It's whimsical and serious, intelligent and haunting, sad and touching (like that 2-part story), all wrapped up in an attractive modern production. Having a decent budget has enabled them to create evocative visuals that really engage my imagination.
Loremaster wrote:By the way, the ratings for the show are very very high; it beat every show that night it was on. And in britain it is doing exceptionally well!
That's good! I trust it means the show is getting a big vote of confidence from fans. A friend of a friend who is an ardent Dr. Who fan loves the new series, but I don't know the size of the fanbase in Canada.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

<--- still awaiting news on if it's being aired here in the states
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Just watched my first episode of this - the penultimate one of the series :roll: I actually enjoyed it, and it has a better sense of pace than I remember from the old series'. It's a shame I missed it.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Wait for the dvd set! :)
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

I hope you enjoy future episodes, CJ. This show is amazing to me!

Next week's episode: they're baaaaaack...the Daleks! :)
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I hope they bring back the Sontarons or the Cybermen. But please, treat the Cybermen with respect, BBC.
Edinburghemma
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edinburghemma »

I am in wild lust with Christopher Eccleston. He is the best since Tom Baker. I am thrilled with this series. 12 of us got together in front of my TV for the first episode. The excitement was tangible. The whole series has been more than a match for the anticipation. Roll on the next series (although I do have my doubts about fellow Scotsperson David Tennant), if Sylvester McCoy was anything to go by Galafreyans shouldn't come from the Highlands!.
The reality is in this head. Mine. I'm the projector at the planetarium, all the closed little universe visible in the circle of that stage is coming out of my mouth, eyes, and sometimes other orifices also.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Well said, Emma.
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

I just watched the final episode and it was brilliant! :)
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Warmark wrote:I just watched the final episode and it was brilliant! :)
I saw the BBC website for that episode.
Spoiler
My god . . . . so many Daleks.
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

Well, seen the last episode and we have the new Doctor!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

The BBC have two more seasons planned - that's 28 more episodes, as well as two telemovies, a christmas special, and a few holiday specials. Further, the Cybermen will be back in the next season!
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

I saw the season finale this week. A memorable finish to a magnificent series! Eccleston has done a wonderful turn as the Doctor, and I'll miss him. It was a bittersweet feeling watching his transformation to the new Doctor. I don't know much about David Tennant, but I have no real problem accepting him--as long as the show's writing and production values continue the high standard set by the Eccleston era.

Emma, I never really warmed to Sylvester McCoy either.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

McCoy had only two good stories, and so many trashy ones. Silver Nemesis almost made me throw up.
taraswizard
<i>Haruchai</i>

Dr. Who

Post by taraswizard »

Defense of Sylvester McCoy, who had my all time second favorite companion Ace (Sophie Aldred) (BTW Ace, may have to move to third since Rose Tyler may displace Sarah Jane). Sylvester was such a welcome relief from Colin Baker's pompous self importance. One could imagine he was the reincarnation of John Pertwee. I suppose if one likes Patrick Troughton's and Tom Baker's Doctors then one might be more disposed to McCoy's whimsical and serendipitous performance. YMMV, just my $0.02. IMO.
Allan Rosewarne
taraswizard Essence of Amber
Buffy fans Chicago
W/T they are forever
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Sarah Jane was the best companion.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Just watched The Doctor Dances. That story, and the 1st part, The Empty Child, are excellent.

Return to “TV Shows”