WOW II - great-granddaddy of all spoilers

Book 1 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderator: dlbpharmd

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

danlo wrote:Don't worry Loremaster! You're not a snob! (you're just mean! :P )
LOL!!! As mean as Fangthane? ;)
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Fangthane the Render
Ramen

Post by Fangthane the Render »

:twisted:
"You Cannot Hope"
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Enough is said. ;) LOL
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
MrKABC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MrKABC »

Loremaster wrote:
Are you planning anything against Kelenbhrabanal, Father of Horses? If so, then you are. :P
"This is the grace that has been given to you - to bear what must be borne."
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

MrKABC wrote:
Loremaster wrote:
Are you planning anything against Kelenbhrabanal, Father of Horses? If so, then you are. :P
lol
As an Ur-Vile, I would greatly enjoy boiling that ponce of a horse, Kelenbhrabanal, down into glue.
Sheriff Lytton
Giantfriend

Post by Sheriff Lytton »

The Creator does not really have to be anyone other than the Creator. Maybe he just does exactly what it says on the tin.

The one reason the Creator does not manifest himself in the land is for fear of breaking the Arch of Time.

I don't think it's too much of a spoiler to point out that the very crux of all significant events in RoTE is the stability of the Arch.

Time itself is under attack. This could theoretically leave the Creator powerless to act, excepting one last rather drastic measure.
"Nom"
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

Ok. Go with me on this. I don't know if I belive that TC is the Creator but maybe TC became the Creator. When TC died in the Land, the Creator and TC became one. They merged into one being. (It was Covenant talking to Linden at the end of WGW, not the Creator. )Therefore, it would not be necessary for the Creator to appear to anyone before going into the Land. After all, the Creator could do nothing to stop Foul in the Land. Maybe TC was a way for the Creator to transfer into the Land. Therefore, ultimately, TC became the Creator.

Is that what everyone was saying? Funny, I never made this connection. Boy, I need to catch up on my Watch gossip!
The King has one more move.
tarvalon
Servant of the Land

Post by tarvalon »

First time poster here - I agree with the last post. I have often thought that the creator was due to "leave" the world. He is represented as an old man after all. In fact Linden had to "save him" when she gave him mouth to mouth, a metaphor for saving the world mostly, but the old man might be dying and needs to find a replacement. I believe Covenant and Linden will merge to become the creator. I think Jeremiah will be the force that merges them together as he "sees" the way noone else does.
Old Darth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Old Darth »

I always took the Creator and Lord Foul to represent both halves of Covenant.
Every man is my superior, in that, I may learn from him.
Usivius
The Gap Into Spam

my two cents

Post by Usivius »

I think many people are thinking too literally or physically. TC does not have to be Foul or the Creator. But as our 'hero', he represents the facets of humanity that contain both aspects. Therefore he struggles with his own self-despite, represented by the extreme figure of Foul. The balance or paradox of things requires this. The Land is 'real' in so far it is a place that does not exist in the mind of one person. (if nothing else, this was established by SRD himself). The Land is The Land, a place beyond normal human means of travel, but it exists as a separate place where the traits, strength and foibles of mankind can be played out on a grand scale.
The notion that TC could become the new 'Creator' for The Land is an interesting one, but I'm not sure how I react to that yet. There are many possiblities and problems with it that I don't yet have the capacity to see yet.
As for the lack of appearance by the old man in the dirty robes, I like the idea that he did talk and/or appear before someone already, possibly Jeremiah or the babysitter (but I'm leaning to the former rather than the latter.

good stuff people... :)
~...with a floating smile and a light blue sponge...~

Return to “The Runes of the Earth”