slightly expressed thinking personality

slightly expressed judging personality
and if you answer yes!

slightly expressed extrovert

slightly expressed sensing personality

slightly expressed feeling personality

Interesting
He/She who dies with the most toys wins! Wait a minute ... I can't die!!!
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

hmmm. . interesting.

taraswizard
<i>Haruchai</i>

Myers-Briggs typology

Post by taraswizard »

Hoping I'm not reviving a real dead horse of a topic. Whatever...

However, my years of interest in Myers Briggs typology compels me to clarify some issues. E to I continuity is not necessarily a measure of shyness to outgoingness, the continuity is mainly a measure of of ones energies and how one might see a source of energy. IOW, does one get their source of social energy from being around people or from being alone. That probably sounds simplistic and maybe not to clear. Underlyingly, that may explain why there's so many boderline E/Is.

Some of the messages have noted the tool's self assessment qualities. All MBTI (Kiersy's survey, the actual MBTI type indicator as administered by an actual testing professional) type tools are self assessment instruments. But their forced choice options make their results less subject to environmental and circumstantial variances.

This message has probably confused everyone even more. INFP
Allan Rosewarne
taraswizard Essence of Amber
Buffy fans Chicago
W/T they are forever
Holsety
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Holsety »

James wrote:distinctively expressed extrovert
distinctively expressed intuitive personality
distinctively expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed judging personality

I thought the questions were quite rubbish. Some of them needed more context, while others were worded ambiguously, and in others still it was obviously making an assumption about the reasons behind a particular answer, when in reality it may not be so.
Most psychological tests are like this from my experience; they're supposed to be general diagnostic tests AFAIK and not necessarily 100% accurate.
Extroverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
56 75 62 11
# moderately expressed extrovert
# distinctively expressed intuitive personality
# distinctively expressed thinking personality
# slightly expressed perceiving personality
ENTP. I'm actually surprised to find a number of the analysis statements fit:
They tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. They sometimes confuse, even inadvertently hurt, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport.
Not very much on here, but in real life it definitely happens.
n terms of their relationships with others, ENTPs are capable of bonding very closely and, initially, suddenly, with their loved ones. Some appear to be deceptively offhand with their nearest and dearest; others are so demonstrative that they succeed in shocking co-workers who've only seen their professional side. ENTPs are also good at acquiring friends who are as clever and entertaining as they are. Aside from those two areas, ENTPs tend to be oblivious of the rest of humanity, except as an audience -- good, bad, or potential.
Very true for me. I don't view humanity as an audience, but I do tend to remain emotionally distant even though I talk a lot with pretty much anyone.
Some Famous ENTPs:
Alexander the Great
Confederate General J. E. B. Stuart
Sir Walter Raleigh
Fictional:
Mercutio, from Romeo and Juliet
Horace Rumpole, from John Mortimer's Rumpole of the Bailey series
Dorothy L. Sayers's detective Lord Peter Wimsey
I always did like Mercutio.
Elfgirl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Elfgirl »

Your Type is
ENFP
Extroverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
78 25 25 67

very expressed extrovert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
distinctively expressed perceiving personality

I'm 78% extroverted... :twisted: (as if you hadn't already guessed that after 2000+ posts)

"Champions are inclined to go everywhere and look into everything that has to do with the advance of good and the retreat of evil in the world."
I sound like a book character. ;)

"ENFPs have a great deal of zany charm, which can ingratiate them to the more stodgy types in spite of their unconventionality. They are outgoing, fun, and genuinely like people. As SOs/mates they are warm, affectionate (lots of PDA), and disconcertingly spontaneous. However, attention span in relationships can be short; ENFPs are easily intrigued and distracted by new friends and acquaintances, forgetting about the older ones for long stretches at a time. Less mature ENFPs may need to feel they are the center of attention all the time, to reassure them that everyone thinks they're a wonderful and fascinating person."
That explains a lot...PDA? Pretty Damn Affectionate?

"ENFPs hate bureaucracy, both in principle and in practice; they will always make a point of launching one of their crusades against some aspect of it. "
AWIMMIN TO THAT!!! :twisted:
ImageImageImage
"Right away would be good. Right now would be better"
-- Nick Succorso

OK, so what's the speed of dark?- Larry the Cable Guy
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I asked Maeror to give the test a try.

The Lord wasn't entirely sure what answer to give for many of the questions, but the end result was:
INTJ

# moderately expressed introvert
# distinctively expressed intuitive personality
# moderately expressed thinking personality
# moderately expressed judging personality
Masterminds will adopt ideas only if they are useful, which is to say if they work efficiently toward accomplishing the Mastermind's well-defined goals. Natural leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command of projects or groups, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once in charge, however, Masterminds are the supreme pragmatists, seeing reality as a crucible for refining their strategies for goal-directed action. In a sense, Masterminds approach reality as they would a giant chess board, always seeking strategies that have a high payoff, and always devising contingency plans in case of error or adversity. To the Mastermind, organizational structure and operational procedures are never arbitrary, never set in concrete, but are quite malleable and can be changed, improved, streamlined. In their drive for efficient action, Masterminds are the most open-minded of all the types. No idea is too far-fetched to be entertained-if it is useful. Masterminds are natural brainstormers, always open to new concepts and, in fact, aggressively seeking them. They are also alert to the consequences of applying new ideas or positions. Theories which cannot be made to work are quickly discarded by the Masterminds. On the other hand, Masterminds can be quite ruthless in implementing effective ideas, seldom counting personal cost in terms of time and energy.
He is a little unsettled by the image of himself as so cold and calculating a god, but acknowledges somewhat sadly that it may, in fact, be accurate. He cannot afford to be otherwise.

------

The Lady found the test only a little more straightforward.
INFJ

# moderately expressed introvert
# slightly expressed intuitive personality
# very expressed feeling personality
# slightly expressed judging personality
Counselors have an unusually strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others and genuinely enjoy helping their companions. Although Counsleors tend to be private, sensitive people, and are not generally visible leaders, they nevertheless work quite intensely with those close to them, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes with their families, friends, and colleagues. This type has great depth of personality; they are themselves complicated, and can understand and deal with complex issues and people.

Counselors can be hard to get to know. They have an unusually rich inner life, but they are reserved and tend not to share their reactions except with those they trust. With their loved ones, certainly, Counselors are not reluctant to express their feelings, their face lighting up with the positive emotions, but darkening like a thunderhead with the negative. Indeed, because of their strong ability to take into themselves the feelings of others, Counselors can be hurt rather easily by those around them, which, perhaps, is one reason why they tend to be private people, mutely withdrawing from human contact. At the same time, friends who have known a Counselor for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that they are inconsistent; Counselors value their integrity a great deal, but they have intricately woven, mysterious personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.
She declined to comment on this result.

(A little bit of an experiment. I'm trying to get into the head of my character(s), because I'm not sure I know where I'm going with them.)
Raen
Stonedownor

Post by Raen »

I am ENTP personality. I'm looking at all the posts and heres whats interesting:

32 people took the test
Out of the 16 personalities listed only 11 of the personalities are those who have posted on the website.

INFP-5
INFJ- 7
INTP-1
INTJ- 4
ISTJ-2
ISTP-1

total I's=20

ENFP- 2
ESTJ-1
ENTP-3
ENTJ-5
ENFJ=2

totalE's= 13

21 are J's- judgers
most E's are ENTJ's or ENTP's
Hardly any are S's - sensing kind of people
I's are mostly INFJ
and last but not least, 29 are N's-(intuitive) A very intuitive group

:biggrin:

Christy- who has nothing better to do with her time--- NOT
Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good enough.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS: What line of work are you in again? ;) You and MM should get along just fine as well. :lol:

--A
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I got a rock.

Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Reave the Unjust
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Reave the Unjust »

You are:

* slightly expressed introvert
* distinctively expressed intuitive personality
* slightly expressed feeling personality
* slightly expressed judging personality

Not sure if I needed to know, but it was fun finding out!
Raen
Stonedownor

Post by Raen »

I'm a social worker and I've just about seen it all LOLOL!!!!!!! I border on the line between sanity and insanity hahaha.
Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good enough.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Hi sweetie! :D :wave:
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

You are:
slightly expressed extravert

slightly expressed feeling personality

Thats about right.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
taraswizard
<i>Haruchai</i>

misplaced reply now in right place

Post by taraswizard »

This reply got totally misplaced and is now reentered here.
Your local INFP returns to this thread.

MBTI, or similar intruments are frequently used by managment team builders or career consuelors, and sometimes is ethically questionable ways. For example, telling an mid-level engineer that he cannot move into an entry level sales position for the same company because his MBT is not compatible with sales. FYI, this has been done.

Next point the MBTI, unlike other type of psychological tools, has been standardized and normalized (statistical terms) on non-pathological populations. Counter example, MMPI (Minnesota MultiPhasic Personality Inventory) another sort of self assessment personality test has only been standardized on pathological populations. MBTI is not a tool to measure a psychopathology, so the fact that some of the questions are identical to questions to self assess adult ADD or adult ADHD are meritless and off the point.
Addresssing Av's questions, IMO, MBTI is a very good tool when used in the manner intended and by ethical practitioners. And the tool's intent is not to pigeonhole individuals into sixteen different boxes, and many administrators of the tool actually incorporate some Jungian ideals into their testing process saying the results can aid in an individual's self realization.

I"m most likely just talking crap now.
Allan Rosewarne
taraswizard Essence of Amber
Buffy fans Chicago
W/T they are forever
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

You are:
moderately expressed extravert

slightly expressed sensing personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed judging personality
ESTJ (56,12,25,44):
Supervisor Guardians are squarely on the side of rules and procedures, and they can be quite serious about seeing to it that others toe the mark-or else face the consequences. They do not hesitate to give their stamp of approval, nor do they withhold their directions or suggestions for improvement. Like seasoned, stalwart umpires, Supervisors will set their jaw and make the call on anyone who steps up to bat. They even feel obligated to do so, and they're sometimes surprised when others don't seem grateful for being set straight.

Comprising at least ten percent of the population, Supervisors go by experience and that is what counts, not speculation and experimentation, and certainly not fantasy. They keep their feet firmly on the ground and make sure that those under their supervision do the same, whether employee, subordinate, offspring, or spouse. If others wish to fool around and daydream, fine, as long as they do it on their own time-which means after the job is done. But if they fritter away their time while on duty, they should not be surprised when the Supervisor calls them on the carpet. The top sergeant will not put up with such nonsense.

Supervisors are gregarious and civic-minded, and are usually key players of their community. They are generous with their time and energy, and very often belong to a variety of groups, supporting them through steady attendance, but also taking a vocal leadership role. Indeed, membership groups of all kinds attract Supervisors like magnets, perhaps because membership satisfies in some degree their need to maintain the stability of social institutions. Like all the Guardians, Supervisors worry a good deal about society falling apart, morality decaying, standards being undermined, traditions being lost, and they do all they can to preserve and to extend the institutions that embody social order. Supervisors are so in tune with the established institutions and ways of behaving within those institutions, that they have a hard time understanding those who might wish to abandon or radically change them.
Oh shit that's my dad!!!
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

bumped for our new members. . .

Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

INFP
You are:
moderately expressed introvert

distinctively expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed perceiving personality

I've taken the MBTI several times before, and have always been either an INFP or an ENFP.
Healers seek unity in their lives, unity of body and mind, emotions and intellect, perhaps because they are likely to have a sense of inner division threaded through their lives, which comes from their often unhappy childhood. Healers live a fantasy-filled childhood, which, unfortunately, is discouraged or even punished by many parents. In a practical-minded family, required by their parents to be sociable and industrious in concrete ways, and also given down-to-earth siblings who conform to these parental expectations, Healers come to see themselves as ugly ducklings. Other types usually shrug off parental expectations that do not fit them, but not the Healers. Wishing to please their parents and siblings, but not knowing quite how to do it, they try to hide their differences, believing they are bad to be so fanciful, so unlike their more solid brothers and sisters. They wonder, some of them for the rest of their lives, whether they are OK. They are quite OK, just different from the rest of their family-swans reared in a family of ducks. Even so, to realize and really believe this is not easy for them. Deeply committed to the positive and the good, yet taught to believe there is evil in them, Healers can come to develop a certain fascination with the problem of good and evil, sacred and profane. Healers are drawn toward purity, but can become engrossed with the profane, continuously on the lookout for the wickedness that lurks within them. Then, when Healers believe thay have yielded to an impure temptation, they may be given to acts of self-sacrifice in atonement. Others seldom detect this inner turmoil, however, for the struggle between good and evil is within the Healer, who does not feel compelled to make the issue public.
This is so me.
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Your Type is
ISFP
Introverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving
33 1 50 22
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life