Post by sgt.null »

hello Joshua Ubaldo!
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
alanm
Ramen

Post by alanm »

I am Alan. I am an Oracle database administrator. married, 2 kids. hobbies include motor bikes, archery, brass bands, indoor rowing to name but a few.
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

Welcome, Alan!

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Isn't this a summonsing thread?
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Syl wrote:Isn't this a summonsing thread?
It started as a thread for existing members to share a bit about themselves, but has turned into a duplicate of the introduction thread in the Summonsing. I never read this thread, so I hadn't noticed. Maybe I'll split it or something.
Cole
Giantfriend

Post by Cole »

alanm wrote:I am Alan. I am an Oracle database administrator. married, 2 kids. hobbies include motor bikes, archery, brass bands, indoor rowing to name but a few.
Hey, pal. Indoor rowing, huh? I used to have a concept 2 but I found the whole thing rather boring. Now I run. I should probably get back in to it, though.
alanm
Ramen

Post by alanm »

Hi Marvin,
did you ever do a 2000m row. My best time was 6.48

cheers
Cole
Giantfriend

Post by Cole »

alanm wrote:Hi Marvin,
did you ever do a 2000m row. My best time was 6.48

cheers
Yeah, I'm sure I did at some point. Can't really recall what my best time was. 6.48 averags out at a stroke time of 1.40 per 500m(roughly) so that's pretty good.

I was more in to the interval stuff you could do on it. When I had one I was playing a lot of sport and used it to increase my power and speed. It's a great piece of equipment...just rather boring. :biggrin:
Tjol
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Tjol »

Hmm... I'm a CAD draftsman working towards becoming an architect someday (I have my degree, but not yet the license)... well I don't just draft all day, but it's hard to describe the rest without a very long over detailed account of what I've done on different days. That is unless you do, or know someone who does, similar work.
"Humanity indisputably progresses, but neither uniformly nor everywhere"--Regine Pernoud

You work while you can, because who knows how long you can. Even if it's exhausting work for less pay. All it takes is the 'benevolence' of an incompetant politician or bureaucrat to leave you without work to do and no paycheck to collect. --Tjol
Warden
Stonedownor

Post by Warden »

Still a noob - Already done the summoniser thread, but here is some extra info (not that anybody is interested - said in a Marvin type of way).

Andy, 42, 4 leechs(and a wife), software consultant(mobile phones).

Major loves(besides wife and children);
Rugby Union
Cricket
Football(Soccer)
Football(NFL)
Reading fantasy
BSG
B5
STNG
SW

Major hates;
Terrestial TV
Reality TV
Senior Management
Anybody in marketing/sales (mobile phones)
When you can't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Name's Antonio Connor Scarpelli. The first and last were for my Italian heritage, but the middle was because my older brothers wanted to be a part of naming me. My middle name is actually after a neighborhod friend. :biggrin:

I just graduated highschool, and am trying to figure out what the hell to do for the rest of my life. I'm not eligible for any aide (teachers are supposed to be able to give their children 10,000$ for college in this country) so I'm working and going to community college. I figure that's better than taking out seperate loans for a major college that I don't care about.

I'm really a geek at heart. More towards sci-fi, but I dip into fantasy occasionaly. I also roleplay, and write some short stories. What I really love to do is ride my bike. Im ADDICTIDED. It's really good, though I've had some close calls with truckers and people that don't realize they outwiegh me by a couple of tons.

That's about it. I laugh, love and live just like the rest of you, only I do it on the West Coast. (Wadds! WOO!)

Give me a jingle for anything for personal: religion, philosophy, political. I'm always open for a good disscusion!

~Balon.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Mad Hatter
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Mad Hatter »

I am everyone, and no one. you tell me who I am :)

Have A Spot of Tea...
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

A mystery. . . I looove games! :D

Return to “General Discussion Forum”