Dark Hope - Chapter 1 - Pan Town

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

the skeletons move toward the group but two disappear when they move to the north.

The nearest skeleton try to hit Ahkash, but the rogue strikes him first.
the slash of the dagger totally trims off the skeleton's arm.
You all can see a dark wake that follow the blade when Ahkash moves it. Furthermore you all expected less damage from a weapon like this used against a skeleton.

You don't have much time to think on it because a mighty roar scares you to the bones!
From the ceiling a great mass of muscles and blood drop to the ground. Enormous wings open and you then realize that you are facing a daemon!
A mighty axe is in his right hand, a cracking whip is in his off hand.
He take a glance to all of you then a large grin appears on his monstrous face.
From the deep of his giant body a voice come out
"Fresh blood..."

The only one that seems not scared is Thonunian and a marked glow of red light surround the blade of his sword.
Ahkash
Ramen

Post by Ahkash »

Cursing Ahkash glances over his shoulder at the large Blood Daemon, but continues pressing forward, attacking the skeleton in front of him, hoping to reach the small room ahead, clear it, and take what must be a passage to the north, perhaps to flank the demon.
Sly the Fates that Drive Us
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

Oh, Renard is scared. No doubt about it. There is a terrifying difference between seeing a vision of a daemon and actually being in the presence of one. Nope, no doubt about it: Renard was scared. There was a certainty in his mind that he did not want to die. He was enjoying life for the first time in the last few months, and was not about to cut things short now.
The problem was his heart spoke as loudly.
After a quick glance over his shoulder, he attempted to steel his resolve. No song came immediately to his mind, in fact he barely thought consciously as he realized the threat from the northern part of the room -- some skeletons were attempting to flank.

And seeing a replay of his vision --- Thonunian engaged in feirce and violent combat with the daemon, his sword surging with equally violent force --- Renard knew things are what they were meant to be. Whatever reason drew the noble elvin warrior here -- the purpose was clear.

Renard managed a wink to the druid over his shoulder, "Tira ten' rashwe, spring's flower."

Then Renard does his best to avoid the daemon, moving to the left side or Ahkash (north of him on the map) and take a position to defend against skeletons coming from the north --- and keeping a defensive eye on the daemon!...
~ My feet may not know the way, yet my heart be glad for it. ~
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

Suddenly finding herself surrounded by bodies averaging a good foot taller than her, the elven druid puts her faith in White Blossom, and follows after Ahkash.
Renard wrote:Renard managed a wink to the druid over his shoulder, "Tira ten' rashwe, spring's flower."
"Quel fara, Aratoamin!!!"
Thonunian
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thonunian »

Thonunian looks at his sword, and seems to mutter something.

[ooc]I really wish I was at third level by now... That is when the best power of the Duskblade for this sort of situation comes through...[/ooc]

Thonunian charges the Demon.
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

Atrus' eyes widen when he turns the corner. The rippling muscles, huge wings and evil eyes stop him short. This is his nightmare brought to life. Fresh blood. At these words, Atrus' can feel his teeth clench. Terrified, or not, this hulk stood in his way. And justice demanded his death, should he not move. He yells to the beast, "Move aside demon! My work will not be stopped by the likes of you!" Atrus will charges into battle with his new sword.
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

Balpur moves quickly to the north and attack a skeleton with his staff. He manage to hit hard the undead on the chest. Shards of bone spread on the ground. The undead is still fighting.

Renard moves to north and attack a skeleton. He hits the undead on a shoulder, the head of the skeleton warrior crumble to the ground... and then the body and the head disappear!

Ahkash attacks again the skeleton and this time the dagger sever the head of the skeleton from the body... again it disappear!

Tanya step behind Ahkash ready to support him or attack a skeleton.

Atrus attaks the huge daemon, but the monster parry his blow with the axe.

Thonunian attacks the daemon, but again the monster seems to know where the blow is directed and parry it with the axe. the sword of Thonunian and the axe of the daemon remain one versus the other... but soemthing happens, something that even the daemon could not imagine...
The red glow on the sword of Thonunian grow and grow untill it blind you all and the daemon, the you can hear the noise of burning flames.
In a matter of second the light fade and you all now can see that Thonunian's armor is changed! the armor is completly red like the blood and fire and a red aura spread from him. His eyes shine of a red light. The daemon does a step back and look terried to the elf. then he says
"A.. a blood elf! that is incredible... i can't belive... the last one was killed hundreds of years ago! who are you ? who are you?"

Updated map and potraits ;)
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

Her way into the smaller chamber blocked by the tall rogue, Tänya turns around just as the transformation of Thonunian occurs. Her jaw dropping open at the sight, she quickly searches her memories for any hint of what may have happened (knowledge: religion, knowledge: history and knowledge: local, plus anything from White Blossom that may give warning if this new being, this blood elf, that appeared in place of Thonunian remained friend, or turned foe). We have obviously been drawn in to a War between G-ds. I have not seen so many holy symbols in a lifetime, let alone in one day. Solaris, Matheris, Graveris, Belugoth...and now this hulking monstrosity of a demon bears the brand of Wrathan. Does the blood elf wear such? I suspect more will be shown before all is said and done...

Once anything is recalled, Tänya checks to see if the way into the chamber is open to her. If so, she enters and uses White Blossom to attack any remaining skeleton. If not, she restrings her longbow and aims it at the demon above Atrus and the new being.
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

Atrus raises his left arm to cover his eyes. Peeking out from under the shadow, he blocks enough of the light to keep an eye on the daemon. Dodging under another whip-crack, Atrus chances a moment to look at Thonunian...if that was still the elf.

"Either way, elf keep attacking!" He slashes at the demon again.
Ahkash
Ramen

Post by Ahkash »

Ignoring the activity behind him for now, Ahkash steps forward and attacks the next skeleton.
Thonunian
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thonunian »

Atrus wrote:"Either way, elf keep attacking!" He slashes at the demon again.
Thonunian seems shocked by what has just happened to him, but at Atrus' words, he snaps out of it and attacks.

[ooc]I PMd the particular attack move I want to Paolo, I want it to be a surprise when it comes up.[/ooc]
Last edited by Thonunian on Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

No stories told could equal the visceral terror and awe that such a sight provokes. Renard might think himself witnessing such a tale unfold before his eyes, or, perhaps more likely, he was dreaming, asleep in the comfort of his bed back home. But that was a fool’s thought, and Thonunian was transformed and was combating the most terrifying being Renard had ever seen.
And he stood up to it – fearless and bold as a hero of those stories. In fact a quick look around reaffirmed what Renard had come to suspect – that his companions were all fearless heroes. Atrus, without the benefit of such overt power as Thonunian displayed, continued to attack the daemon. Ahkash pitted himself in the doorway against all the skeletons that dared come at him. Tänya, the self-appointed protector, watched over everyone, eager to jump in where she was needed (and, gods she was beautiful). Even Balpur, a rogue of his kind, fearlessly attacked the undead as if it were his mission to help them …
Renard kept telling himself that he was just trying to stay alive – to survive long enough to have a chance to write all this down, to make it an epic worthy of their deeds and create song of it memory.
He just hope he would live long enough to do such.

And in such desperation, Renard attacks the ‘new’ skeleton that has come out to attack.
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

Sensing the heightened determination in the Whitest-One, and seeing the Servant-of-Spite-Anger-and-Hatred attacking the One-Who-Seethes-Within and the Transformed-One, Solana's own love for the One-Who-Shines-Brightest-and-Enabled-Return reinforces her training and overcomes her own innate fear. Bunching her muscles beneath her, she launches into a full gallop to the north, hugging the eastern wall of the room and skirting to the right of The-One-Who-Sings-with-Eyes-for-the-Whitest-One and the Small-Green-One-Who-is-More with the intent of trampling any skeletons who "happen" to come underhoof.

[Solana charges any skeletons to the north not directly under attack by Renard and Balpur, attempting to damage them by over running and trampling them]
Mephiston
Giantfriend

Post by Mephiston »

Balpur attacks the skeleton with his staff and he hits the undead dealing some damage.

Renard assits Balpur in his fighting and with a blow of his rapier he finish the skeleton and then it disappear! The other skeleton step back and wispers strange words. suddenly another skeleton appears behind it!

Ahkash attacks his new foe. Again is dagger shine with a dark energy wave. He his the undead crushing his chest. The undead steps back and then he whispers strange words... suddenly another skeleton appears behind it! The other skeleton does the same!

Tanya goes ahead and attack with White Blossom the nearest skeleton. She hits the target dealing a lot of damange. Many shards of bone spread on the ground. A white halo surround the wound of the skeleton.

Atrus attaks the daemon, a strange sound of locks and chains comes from the blade when it hits the hip.
A wash of blood cover the blade of Atrus.

Thonunian jumps high! He pushes on the ground so hard that he cracks it! Thonunian rises over the horned head of the daemon with a mighty jump! He brandishes the sword with two hands, and the blade of the sword become completly red and somewhat liquid... as it was liquid blood.
Thonunian is so high that he touch the ceiling of the cave with the blade and he carve a plough in the rock!
The daemon rises his axe to parry the blow, but Thonunian pushed away the weapon and smash the monster on his right shoulder and the blade digs deep in to the flesh and the bones of the daemon.
The moster roars in pain! A wash of blood spit from the wound and hits Thonunian, but the liquid is suddenly absorbed by the blade.

Solana charges the skeletons with all her strength! she hits both the skeletons but she wasn't able to deal much damage with that manuver (bad damage roll :() Renard has forced to move aside to avoid the fury of Solana!

the blood daemon roars in pain but he's also in rage! He holds the might axe with both his hands and smashes both Atrus and Thonunian!
He hits both and big cuts open on the cest of the two fighters 8 damages each.
"Blood elf, you can't defeat me! I feel the power of Wrathan flows in my veins! The more blood you shed, the more i become strong!"

edit

added damages dealt and Solana actions
Last edited by Mephiston on Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Renard
Giantfriend

Post by Renard »

Renard assist Balpur in his fighting and with a blow of his rapier he finish the skeleton and then it disappear! The other skeleton step back and wispers strange words. suddenly another skeleton appears behind it!
"By the hairy balls of a bastard ogre," is the vulgar curse that escapes from Renard's mouth upon seeing the skeletons able to apparently summon another of its kind. After a slightly embarrassed look around, making sure no one heard him above the noise of combat (the daemon alone is so all-consuming in his threats), then speaks to Balpur:
"Balpur! There are two. You take to one on the left and I on the right. Perhaps we can destroy both before either can summon another!"

And he prepares to deal another blow with his sheathed rapier....
Tänya
Giantfriend

Post by Tänya »

Solana slides to a halt and sees the The-One-Who-Sings(etc.) and the Small-Green-One(etc.) engaged with the skeletons she had attempted to run down.

Snorting angrily, she paws at the floor, frustrated in her desire to destroy. Moving five feet further north along the wall to avoid the two companions, Solana rears up and strikes at the nearest skeleton with both hooves.

...meanwhile...

Tänya grimly smiles as White Blossom bursts forth with his namesake glow once again as he strikes the skeleton. Grasping him with both hands, she swings him like a golf club, hoping to catch the skeleton below the jaw and knock his block off...
Thonunian
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thonunian »

Thonunian looks at the huge demon, and listens to what he is saying.

Oh yeah? Lets see you act so cocky with a leg missing... he thinks to himself.

[ooc]Sunder attempt on the Demon's leg. Even if it fails to cut the leg off, as long as it hits, it should still damage him. Possibly even have more of an effect than just damage, because it was his leg.[/ooc]
Ahkash
Ramen

Post by Ahkash »

Taken aback by the sudden appearance of another two skeletons, Ahkash is at a loss for what to do. With no other immediate choices, he continues his attacks, trying to do damage to the heads of the skeletons, in the hope it will prevent them from summoning more.
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

Argh! Atrus' arm goes numb from the demon's slash. But, death or not, he will press on. Atrus casts entangle from his blade to hold the demon still.
Thonunian
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thonunian »

Atrus wrote: Atrus casts entangle from his blade to hold the demon still.
[ooc]Um... Doesn't entangle make nearby plants grab living creatures?

...We are in a dungeon so there aren't any plants around...[/ooc]

Return to “D&D Dark Hope”