What's playing?

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I just watched The Boys from Brazil. ****ing amazing!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

The Battle of the Bulge. One of the greatest tank movies ever.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Loremaster wrote:The Battle of the Bulge. One of the greatest tank movies ever.
Is that the one with Henry Fonda? Where he climbs onto a tank and tosses a nade in?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Lord Foul wrote:
Is that the one with Henry Fonda? Where he climbs onto a tank and tosses a nade in?
That's it.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

There was one made in the '80s about Soviets in Afghanistan, I think it was called The Beast, that was quite good.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Just finished watching Stalker. A Russian movie directed by Andrei Tarkovsky. Surreal and beautiful, and thoroghly thought-provoking.

And yes, the PC game is based off it (and the novel, Roadside Picnic - which the movie is based off, as well)
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

The Guns of Navarone. Superb. But I have to say, Gregory Peck is an incredible actor. Might just be my favourite.
Kil Tyme
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Kil Tyme »

Loremaster wrote:The Guns of Navarone. Superb. But I have to say, Gregory Peck is an incredible actor. Might just be my favourite.
He is mine. Everyone touts his performance in To Kill a Mockingbird, which is perfect, but my fav Gregory Peck movie is 12 O'Clock High. He is simply mesmerizing throughout.
Cowboy: Why you doin' this, Doc?
Doc Holliday: Because Wyatt Earp is my friend.
Cowboy: Friend? Hell, I got lots of friends.
Doc Holliday: ... I don't.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Kil Tyme wrote:
Loremaster wrote:The Guns of Navarone. Superb. But I have to say, Gregory Peck is an incredible actor. Might just be my favourite.
He is mine. Everyone touts his performance in To Kill a Mockingbird, which is perfect, but my fav Gregory Peck movie is 12 O'Clock High. He is simply mesmerizing throughout.
Hell yeah. 12 O'Clock high is without doubt a GREAT movie, and possibly his best.
Worm of Despite
Lord

I've been watching Futurama, Vol. 3 and The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3: The Complete Series.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Yes Peck rules! I even tolerated McKenna's Gold since he was in it (and the soft pr0n shots of Julie Newmar didn't hurt!).

Just finished The Contract with John Cusack and Morgan Freeman-some great acting, even by the kid. Even though, after my Premonition review I 'm afraid to state my opinion-upon futher review, I'll definately say this was a very good flick except for the fact that
Spoiler
the "Chess Guy's" laptop worked when cellphones couldn't-oh well I guess mercenaries have access to some other satelitte...
:biggrin: .
fall far and well Pilots!
Worm of Despite
Lord

I just watched Sanjuro for a second time--an excellent samurai flick by Akria Kurosawa. It's a sequel to Yojimbo, which introduced the original "man with no name," as played by Toshiro Mifune (the plot of Yojimbo would be used by Leone in the "A Fistful of Dollars").

I must admit: seeing Yojimbo definitely makes watching Dollars hard. Dollars is almost a scene-for-scene mimicry of Kurosawa's masterpiece, and I think Mifune definitely plays his role with more finesse and gusto than Eastwood did. But then again, I'm a bit biased toward Kurosawa films.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I watched Red Dawn last night. Very good.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I saw "The Host" last night, as it was recomended highly at AintItCool news.

If you haven't heard of it, as its a bit obscure, its worth renting. Its actually a Korean movie, with English voice-overs, and the script translation was ... well, bad, but that only made it entertaining in a quirky way. It's a monster movie, so cheese is part of the price of admission anyway. The CGI was good, and the story was good. They don't hide the monster until the end - it's rampaging through downtown <some Korean city> in the first twenty minutes. The US seems to be part bad guy, part mentor - its interesting trying to decipher the Korean perspective on my country. The ending is really unexpected.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I just finished watching the Italian movie, Life is Beautiful. I'm stunned. It's a masterpiece.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Kelly's Heroes.

focus your gi
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Stonemaybe wrote:Kelly's Heroes.
Excellent movie.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I just finished watching the Director's Cut of Léon the Professional. Great movie.
Worm of Despite
Lord

I saw a screening of Troll 2 in Atlanta last night. Probably the best worst movie ever.

The crowd was going nuts, as if it were Rocky Horror: they were reciting lines, throwing popcorn, etc. There were even T-shirts for sale!

There were three cast members present for a Q&A, including the dad who has the most famous line: "You can't piss on hospitality!"

Five other people went with me. Didn't get home till about 5:00 AM. Definitely a fun time.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I just finished watching Children of Men on TV. Good film. Some of the action sequences--
Spoiler
the ambush on the way to the safe house; the riot at Bexhill
--were brilliantly done.

Return to “Flicks”