How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

who are they playing??? Who's pitching?? (and because of it's success--this being it's 500th post, I've decided I don't like this thread anymore :P )
fall far and well Pilots!
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

The Tiggies are playing the Giants at Comerica Park, but I do not know who is pitching. :) And I get to go eat flaming cheese in Greektown before the game. :D YUMMY!!!! 8)
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

NOTHING WORKS IN THIS GOD-FORSAKEN JOB! :x
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
ChoChiyo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ChoChiyo »

There there....it will be alright.

You are a cool person.

:)

Empress Cho hammers the KABC of Evil.

"If Ignorance is Bliss, Ann Coulter must be the happiest woman in the universe!"

Take that, you Varlet! :P
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

variol son wrote:NOTHING WORKS IN THIS GOD-FORSAKEN JOB! :x
Man, I wish I had a job where I got paid and didn't have to work........... :P
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

dANdeLION wrote:
variol son wrote:NOTHING WORKS IN THIS GOD-FORSAKEN JOB! :x
Man, I wish I had a job where I got paid and didn't have to work........... :P
That would be nice. :)
ChoChiyo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ChoChiyo »

I feel groggy today. And the fact that I have so much to do today makes me feel like returning to bed and remaining there for one week.

:P

"If Ignorance is Bliss, Ann Coulter must be the happiest woman in the universe!"

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I feel persecuted for no apparent reason--I'd prefer a long walk in the desert than having to go to class today.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

A long walk in the desert sound wonderful, my friend. :) So peaceful. 8)
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

...but I did retake my oral exam and raised my grade 6 points--from a B to an A so, now, I'm very glad I went to class. :D It's over 100 degrees in the desert right now so airconditioning and a nap sounds like a better alternatives...

(Oh Gods! Why did the crazy woman from Georgia have to end up in Albuquerque of all places??!! :x )
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

No no no. I still had to work, but none of the computer systems that I needed were working. :P

Sum sui generis
Vs

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

I am suddenly having a very bad day indeed with the news that my son had a very serious traffic accident.

He is OK, but the Chevy S10 is really messed. He is all shaken up and I keep hugging him and telling him that people matter, and that vehicles and money don't matter for shit. He's in the shower now...

He got a bad cut on his arm and he came home all covered with blood, and the truck got towed God only knows where, and the accident was bad enough that it completely blocked a freeway.

Guess there won't be a baseball game tonight for us, as Californiababy is on his cell talking to the cops, the insurance people, several body garages, etc.

Isn't it just amazing about how a good day can turn terrible in just the blink of an eye???

Thank God my son is OK, that's all that really matters, as I keep telling him....
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

|G For you and your family duchess |G

ChoChiyo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ChoChiyo »

Duchess--indeed thank GOD your son is okay. I'd rather see a million cars wrecked without insurance than a single scrape on my loved ones' bodies. I'm sure you feel the same.

((((DUCHESS and SON)))))

*smooch*

;)

Edge
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edge »

(((Duchess!)))

Cho's quite right - forget the Chevy S10, and baseball and whatever... thank GOD your son's OK!!!!!!! That's the only thing that matters.
Check out my digital art at www.brian.co.za
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Thankgod your son is alright, Duchess!
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

Glad to know your son is alright, duchess. All else is secondary.
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

A million cars can be manufactured, but there's only ONE Bigredbulldog! Thank gods he's ok---many blessings to you and your family duchess. Bigred--I'd pop another hammy just for a chance to play soccer with you again, my friend!!! Hang in there! 8) |G
Last edited by danlo on Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onewyteduck
The Gap Into Spam

Post by onewyteduck »

Glad to hear your son is alright!
Be kind to your web-footed friends, for a duck may be somebody's mother.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Things are well now. 8) My younger son played "cheer up brother" most of the evening, teasing him, telling him jokes, reading Dilbert cartoons to him. We did go to the baseball game -- thought it would cheer him up, and show him that he's what matters, not the dumb truck. By the seventh inning he was even smiling, even though Detroit sucked. 8)

And I have insurance collision on the truck (it's technically my truck, though I "gave" it to my son, it came from my father's etsate and no one else in the family wanted it, so I asked for for his use, but he's not old enough yet for me actually sign it over to him), about which my son didn't know. He thought he would have to give me money from his college trust funds to repay me for fixing or replacing the truck, which had him as stressed out as the accident did. He thought he would lose a year of college because of having to pay for the damages.

I have to give my son credit. He has serious balls -- more than a lot of adults (male and female alike) that I know. When I asked him what happened, he looked me in the eye and said he was going too fast and was messing around with his radio instead of giving full attention to the road. He hit something and rolled the truck. The cops didn't even give him a ticket, I think because he was equally upfront and honest with them. No excuses, no whining -- just quietly and fully and honestly taking responsibility for his own actions. Whenever I think its not possible to be any more proud of that kid, he proves me wrong and finds a way to make me even prouder.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”