The Official Vice President Thread

Archive From The 'Tank
Earthwalker
Woodhelvennin

Post by Earthwalker »

The occurances of these verbal abuses of "Freedom of Speech" number more than one occasion and in more than one location.

It may not strike everyone else in the same way I see it....which is why I asked the question.

I am struggling with the whole thing and many folks don't seem to even notice!?
Is violence so ingrained in our lives that we are oblivious to it?

Maybe it is nothing.....maybe it is something?
Sarah Palin leading the charge and amp'n up the 'rowdies', I know I'm not cool with it.
Maybe someone could explain it to me so I can let it ride, I dunno.

Why are these Republicans in kill mode?
Destroy all that which is Evil, so that Good may flourish. -MacManus Bros.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Again, I think that is a strong assertation to make without evidence. Are there reports of violence?

--A
Prebe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Prebe »

Is violence so ingrained in our lives that we are oblivious to it?
What violence? Where?
"I would have gone to the thesaurus for a more erudite word."
-Hashi Lebwohl
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Avatar wrote:Again, I think that is a strong assertation to make without evidence. Are there reports of violence?
Nope. It's a few pissed-off people acting like idiots at Palin's speeches.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

Palin is speaking tomorrow at the Verizon Wireless Music Center - the largest outdoor concert venue in the Indpls area.
Tickets are already sold out.

This is similar to the rockstar treatment that Obama got last week, at the state fairgrounds near downtown.

Though it will be closer than it ever has been, there is a very good chance that Indiana will still turn red this year... it isn't going to turn red at 6pm though, like it usually does. It will take longer for them to tally it. :)

dw
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

www.timesleader.com/news/breakingnews/S ... nded_.html
Posted: October 15
Updated: Today at 10:14 AM
Secret Service says "Kill him" allegation unfounded
By Andrew M. Sederaseder@timesleader.com
Staff Writer

SCRANTON – The agent in charge of the Secret Service field office in Scranton said allegations that someone yelled “kill him” when presidential hopeful Barack Obama’s name was mentioned during Tuesday’s Sarah Palin rally are unfounded.

The Scranton Times-Tribune first reported the alleged incident on its Web site Tuesday and then again in its print edition Wednesday. The first story, written by reporter David Singleton, appeared with allegations that while congressional candidate Chris Hackett was addressing the crowd and mentioned Obama’s name a man in the audience shouted “kill him."

News organizations including ABC, The Associated Press, The Washington Monthly and MSNBC’s Countdown with Keith Olbermann reported the claim, with most attributing the allegations to the Times-Tribune story.

Agent Bill Slavoski said he was in the audience, along with an undisclosed number of additional secret service agents and other law enforcement officers and not one heard the comment.

“I was baffled,” he said after reading the report in Wednesday’s Times-Tribune.

He said the agency conducted an investigation Wednesday, after seeing the story, and could not find one person to corroborate the allegation other than Singleton.

Slavoski said more than 20 non-security agents were interviewed Wednesday, from news media to ordinary citizens in attendance at the rally for the Republican vice presidential candidate held at the Riverfront Sports Complex. He said Singleton was the only one to say he heard someone yell “kill him.”

“We have yet to find someone to back up the story,” Slavoski said. “We had people all over and we have yet to find anyone who said they heard it.”

Hackett said he did not hear the remark.

Slavoski said Singleton was interviewed Wednesday and stood by his story but couldn’t give a description of the man because he didn’t see him he only heard him.

When contacted Wednesday afternoon, Singleton referred questions to Times-Tribune Metro Editor Jeff Sonderman. Sonderman said, “We stand by the story. The facts reported are true and that’s really all there is.”

Slavoski said the agents take such threats or comments seriously and immediately opened an investigation but after due diligence “as far as we’re concerned it’s closed unless someone comes forward.” He urged anyone with knowledge of the alleged incident to call him at 346-5781. “We’ll run at all leads,” he said.
The King has one more move.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Brother Charn wrote:This is similar to the rockstar treatment that Obama got last week, at the state fairgrounds near downtown.
Except it's okay when Palin does it. America loves Palin. But Obama is being Antichrist-like. :roll:
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

wayfriend wrote:
Brother Charn wrote:This is similar to the rockstar treatment that Obama got last week, at the state fairgrounds near downtown.
Except it's okay when Palin does it. America loves Palin. But Obama is being Antichrist-like. :roll:
What are you basing that statement on.

Both persons have been at least within easy driving distance of here, and since N. Florida is far more conservative than not, Palin actually attracts larger crowds, but I've heard nothing here to suggest that Obama is like the "Anti-christ"
“One accurate measurement is worth a
thousand expert opinions.”
- Adm. Grace Hopper

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

Well, here is some anecdotal evidence. My wife works for a ridiculously conservative little-big insurance company, where at the edict of management (I kid you not), FoxNews is piped into the breakroom.
She attended the Obama rally last week, and though she tried her best to hide this dirty little secret, everyone found out anyway.
This week, the other ladies in her work group are figuring out a carpooling schedule (posted in the breakroom) to make certain they all have a ride to get to see Palin.
This was the same breakroom where people complained last holiday season about the small Menorah in the corner, because they felt it somehow diminished the majesty of the ginormous Christmas tree in the center of the room.

Can you yet see where the whole anti-Christ thing might seep in? The point being that, according to many close-minded (and assumedly saved) souls, if you aren't with us, not only are you against us, you are surely going to Hell.

dw
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Brother Charn,

If I may ask out of curiosity, where in the US do you live?
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

Indiana, which CBS currently lists as a swing state. :)

dw
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

hehe. Fact is that Palin has way bigger audiences that BO :) Note that they've stopped reporting the size of BO's 'audiences' lately? :)
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

That's because they are too busy reporting his wide poll margins, dude. :D
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

hehe. Must give them shivers reporting numbers such as 51 rather than 200000000 people attending an Obama indoctrination rally :)

Actually I did see one number reported - it said the audience was 4100 large....I'm sure it could have been 4035 but then again ;)
Plissken
Lord

Post by Plissken »

When you have to introduce yourself, you give speeches to as many people as possible. That means renting big halls or actually granting television interviews.

When you've been introduced (and are actually capable of detailed discussions of issues) you start working small crowds, and answering their questions.
“If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.”
-- James Madison

"If you're going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you." - George Bernard Shaw
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Rawedge Rim wrote:
wayfriend wrote:
What are you basing that statement on.
McCain's attack adds which have criticised Obama for drawing large crowds, painting it as a negative, and now the same people hold up Palin's large crowds as positive.
Plissken
Lord

Post by Plissken »

Or, the Obama is The AntiChrist thread.
“If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.”
-- James Madison

"If you're going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you." - George Bernard Shaw
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Let me bump your fist, Pliss.

:lol:
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Re the bit about GOP stirring up their crowds -- I meant to post this last week and got distracted. :) I like this story for many its elements: the McCain/Palin supporters calling Obama a liar and a traitor; the "mainstream media" guy looking for a little love; and the McCain/Palin supporters refusing to give it to him. (So much for compassionate conservatism. :roll: )

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/a ... id=artslot

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

"Forgetting Sarah Palin? Only because she's no Sen.", Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — John McCain got a call from Defense Secretary Robert Gates. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice was on the phone to Barack Obama, and to his Democratic running mate, Joe Biden. Nobody called Sarah Palin.

Return to “Coercri”