Aesir: Rules & Comments

Moderator: Goatkiller666

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Odin, you're the GM. Name a date and kick us if we don't make it.
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

Indeed. But I was waiting to see if anyone was paying attention. It could very well be everyone's still gung-ho about Aesir, but it's impossible to tell from the posting. :lol:

We'll go with Monday. Bottom of the first post of the Game thread.
I climb the road to Cold Mountain,
The road to Cold Mountain that never ends.
- Han-shan

We dance round in a ring and suppose,
But the Secret sits in the middle and knows.
- Robert Frost

Today was a good day. - Ice Cube
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Odin wrote:Indeed. But I was waiting to see if anyone was paying attention. It could very well be everyone's still gung-ho about Aesir, but it's impossible to tell from the posting. :lol:
Excuse me???

*glare*
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

haha

Monday works for me. ;)
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

Lliannon has sent in her turn. :)
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
Fire Daughter
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Fire Daughter »

I'll take over, Mom if you can't do it after treatments start. :D
For Myles--
When evening shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one to dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love

For Mom--
Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings.

Fly...fly high against the sky...
Thank you, thank you, thank God for you
The wind beneath my wings

Lord Fulragen
Stonedownor

Post by Lord Fulragen »

Alcifer has submitted his turn ;)
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

Well, I haven't actually started processing. But it's a fairly calm turn. Things worked out pretty much as each of you planned. So don't hold your breath waiting for any big surprises. :lol:

There's one exception, though. One of you had one thing go badly. hehe
- Han-shan

- Robert Frost

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

*rushing to open my submittal to double check what I sent*

uh-oh...
It might be the last empowered thing in my turn, but I hope not.
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

Well, I started the actual writing. Sorry to say I didn't get too far. I realized a couple moves were a bit more complicated than I thought, so it might take a bit. I'll keep you posted. One or two of the next couple evenings might be good, and the weekend too.
- Han-shan

- Robert Frost

Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

Sorry Serlot and Menolly I wont be around in the next few days youll have to wait till early next week for a response ;)
A lie well told and told often enough,I'm damned if the truth will ever catch up with it!
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

That is fine, Cleburne. I expect we'll have a week or more once results come out before deadline to figure out where we are going with this.

If you'll be away from the Watch before your departure Thursday, have a wonderful time and may the ceremony be even more than you and your intended have dreamed it to be.

May all things happen at their proper time.
(I don't wish to cast the *evil eye* on you, so I will congratulate you after the fact) ;)
Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

Thanks Menolly Ill try to survive the weekend so I can get back to Aesir ;)
A lie well told and told often enough,I'm damned if the truth will ever catch up with it!
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Cleburne wrote:Thanks Menolly Ill try to survive the weekend so I can get back to Aesir ;)
:grinlove:
I love the positive energy of weddings
Last edited by Menolly on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Not to sound like a grouch, but when you guys are done with all that back and forth, could you put out some kind of summary? From an observer's perspective, the narrative format isn't working.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Who's to say you are to know the details of what we're portraying? We're killing time while awaiting results and following our own submissions, results, and possibly planned submissions for our role playing. It would be nice if more participated publicly, as far as I'm concerned. Whether or not I understand what is happening between the players.

If Odin did a World and Events thread, perhaps we all would have an idea of at least one thing which is happening for each of us. Something I would love to see, as I haven't the slightest idea what all is happening on Ayana, let alone in certain areas of Mekoth.

We're role playing our followers, not deities, as truthfully, that is who interacts more than the deities themselves. At least as far as I've seen. We're not telling stories. Whether the conclusion of all of this will be done publicly or not is yet to be determined. Please feel free to skip past it.

I, for one, am having fun with it.
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

I guess the Game thread can be used in many different ways. Interaction between deities is the most obvious, and common. But the deities can quote conversations their followers have, too. Why not? Zephyr and Azver have shared conversations over in that other game. I'm sure there are other possibilities. But no matter how it's used (so far :lol:), I'm grateful for the activity. :D
- Han-shan

- Robert Frost

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Menolly wrote:Who's to say you are to know the details of what we're portraying?
Who's to say I want to know? I just want to know when you're done and what, if anything, you care for us to know. Similarly, if you have no concern for your audience (and if I'm saying it...), perhaps this endeavor would be better suited to a non-public venue, at least until the determination you hint at down there a bit is made?
We're not telling stories.
Ah, it wasn't just me, then. Good to know.
Please feel free to skip past it.
I never would have thought of that. Thanks. If you need anything else in the future, please feel free to ask someone else first. What do you want to do about your tab; put it on your karma?
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Syl wrote:
Menolly wrote:Please feel free to skip past it.
I never would have thought of that. Thanks. If you need anything else in the future, please feel free to ask someone else first. What do you want to do about your tab; put it on your karma?
ah Syl...

I know better than to get in to a disagreement with you. You will definitely run circles around me.
That said, however...

I really am not trying to tell a story in a story format, and am trying to stretch my role playing wings. I don't want the forum to become dead while Odin processes, like another one here on the Watch, and I am the one who suggested role playing publicly to those who I am role playing with. Not everyone has agreed, and I am doing some role playing behind the scenes, but I truly dislike the silence in this game. I was hoping by role playing publicly to encourage more of it between followers of the deities.

I don't think there will be anything to summarize for any observers, per se. With one deity I am interacting with publicly, we are playing out how what happened in this past turn results occurred, with the other, we are setting up events for the submission after these next results. And we are doing it publicly so those interested can see what is happening on Mekoth, at least among our followers. Odin knows what already occurred with the one, and will be informed in a future submission with the other.

If you want, I'll be happy to PM you when we are finished role playing these set-ups in the game thread. I know I am terrible at role playing and story writing. I am practicing to improve. And I see nothing wrong with keeping the forum hopping by doing so publicly.

Or...
If you honestly think the Game thread should lie fallow except for the occasional communication between deities when results first come in, perhaps Odin would spin off a role playing thread? Then, players can choose to follow the role playing or not, and still use the Game thread for public inter-deity communication.

I did not mean to upset you; you have done much to advise and enhance my role playing in the past. I know that. And I do hope to be able to call upon you again if/when needed, as well as coming to your aid should you ever request it in the various games. Must this different outlook regarding the use of the forum interfere with that?

Let me offer apologies for the tone of my previous post. It was a bit harsh, I'll admit. However, I do truly disagree about keeping such role playing backstage, and reacted strongly to the idea that the game thread should be strictly storytelling narrative and inter-deity communication. I am sorry for the way I initially responded in tone to your post.
Han-shan
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Han-shan »

<Fire crackles in the Somefather's eyes>

Nobody needs to worry about the Game thread being used incorrectly. The rule is very simple: If anyone is using it incorrectly, I'll let them know.
- Han-shan

- Robert Frost

Return to “Aesir & Vanir”