Pantheon: The Third Age - Rules and Comments Thread

Moderator: Xar

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

So, wonder if anyone has hit upon the idea that because the Eclipse's waxing is based on balance between the other two Courts, that weakening the Eclipse will make it easier for their own Court to wax?
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Spoken like a true power monger, Murrin...

:hithead:

Let's maybe focus on Zephyr's idea?
At least for awhile?

*if anyone in Sunrise ever decides to comment on it*
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Fist and Faith wrote:Ah! Yes, I forgot about that. Thanks. And VENT (We in the Eclipse Court called the Eclipse Alliance VENT, just to make it easier.) hit him the very same turn. Classic. :lol:

Also goes to show just how difficult it is to kill a deity.
Drove Devaguhya to split ... such NASTY action to a formerly good deity! :biggrin:
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

Guess that's a good way of causing balance... create two gods to cancel each other out.
Nothing rhymes with orange!
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Murrin wrote:So, wonder if anyone has hit upon the idea that because the Eclipse's waxing is based on balance between the other two Courts, that weakening the Eclipse will make it easier for their own Court to wax?
The only way to weaken Eclipse is to upset the Balance. Meaning Sunrise must become more powerful than Sunset, or vice-versa. Which is what it means for a Court to wax in the first place.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Or, you can weaken the Eclipse Court directly while also working against the opposing Court, making it harder for the Eclipse Court to attempt to restore the balance (and the very loss of balance itself would weaken them even further).

Revealing yourself makes things like that possible, whereas while unknown no one would realise that their attempts to wax over the other Court were being counteracted by the Eclipse Court's actions.

Of course, it'll never come into play, because Xar keeps us too busy with outside issues.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Well, yeah, Sunrise could take on Eclipse and Sunset at the same time. Rotsa ruck.

Sunset would not likely go after Eclipse and Sunrise, since two deities are in both. (Which happened simply because the easiest way to work on Balance is to put someone in the weaker Court. And Sunset has had membership issues for a long time.)

You're right, though. As Z said, making Eclipse public is a risk to its very existence. But the Allfather, through the oracles, seemed to be demanding it, so...
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Fist and Faith wrote:You're right, though. As Z said, making Eclipse public is a risk to its very existence. But the Allfather, through the oracles, seemed to be demanding it, so...
And as cho said, each deity has the freedom of choice of following the guidance of the oracles, or of pursuing their own course.

The choice is in each of our hands, not the oracles.
I, for one, am willing to listen and be guided. But we should allow all of us the choice and not assume all will follow.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Menolly, you're the most vocal supporter of "let Pantheon 3.0 continue"... if Xar is willing to give us clues on how that might be accomplished, I'm really confused on why you keep arguing against heeding them.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

You must be skimming my posts, goat.
I have said I am willing to be guided.
But I also believe there are those who will not be.
And I feel no one should feel coerced in to doing so, even if the majority, or at least most active, players are all doing so.

I also think there may be other resources of information outside of the oracles. I hope those continue to be pursued, even while those of us who chose the paths of the oracles chase after them.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I'm wracking my brain, trying to figure out how any of us could be coerced into anything here. Reminds me of M*A*S*H. Hawkeye said, "I honestly believe Henry could be held up through the mail."
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

*shrug*

Don't worry about it.
I am not trying to discourage anyone.
I just hope no one feels pressured to play a certain way if they don't want to is all.

For instance, Simjen has outright said he does not wish to lead. But nearly everyone is agreed the hints point towards him and he has said if it comes down to it he will do so.

If that turns out to be the case, I merely hope it is how he wishes things to go. Choice in how we continue to deal with issues, or even play the game, should always remain ours, regardless of what the oracles say. That is all I am saying.
Moxinomal
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Moxinomal »

I don't dislike the Third Age. Personally, I am fine with the game continuing. I am just playing my character to how I made him. Mox is just continuing his character story from the Second Age and I would want everyone else to play their characters as they have chosen to develop them. :)
Embracing me is to embrace the true way your mind works. Let yourself not be hindered by the false.
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

I would very much like P3 to continue because I'm really liking Arcadia and would like to develop her more.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Z will fight for P3 until he's dead.

Mox, I have not the slightest idea what you're up to. But you do seem to be insane, so I suspect you're doing a great job. :lol: And, not sure I ever said it, but turning the Song into the Screech was among the most spectacular and perfectly played uses of a domain we've ever seen. If your shenanigans now are equal to that, we're in serious trouble!

Can't help but wish Telmag was here to help with the star metal, though. Heh
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Arcadia wrote:I would very much like P3 to continue because I'm really liking Arcadia and would like to develop her more.
Moxinomal wrote:I don't dislike the Third Age. Personally, I am fine with the game continuing. I am just playing my character to how I made him. Mox is just continuing his character story from the Second Age and I would want everyone else to play their characters as they have chosen to develop them. :)
Fist and Faith wrote:Z will fight for P3 until he's dead.
:grinlove:

That just made my day.
I've been a touch melancholy since a couple of nights ago.
The above helps a lot. :D :D :D
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Just as an update, I'm about 70% done with the turn - it's likely it'll be out by the end of the week (but I'm not going to give you any certainty there :P).
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

Then I shall be cancelling my travel plans this month. No time for vacations if I gotta submit all three games within two weeks.
Nothing rhymes with orange!
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Damn! 70% already? Ah, the secrets you must know!!! :lol:
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Just a little ooc comment.... I have to say I'm feeling a bit disgruntled - almost cheated - by the revelation of Eclipse. I thought the whole point of the courts was to stop the secret alliances that happened in previous games?
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>

Return to “Pantheon”