Pantheon: The Third Age - Rules and Comments Thread

Moderator: Xar

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I hate when Menolly tries to get people in trouble like that! She knows how Xar hates it, so she finds some sucker! A dupe! A patsy! That's all you are to her, you know!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Dread Poet Jethro
My quill pen is mightier Than the sword you drop

Post by Dread Poet Jethro »

She can't log in now?
Perhaps Goat is holding her
Hostage or something

Surely nothing can
Keep Menolly off the Watch
Except dire means

She has been missing
Or at least has not posted
For a few days now...
Yes, I am an alt
Whose? An open secret to
Attentive Watchers
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Madadeva wrote::lol:

I thought with Xar's post, I finally understood her silence. She was flying overseas to use her domain of Healing to cure Xar's ills and speed her results!! :lol:
Nah.
Other direction.
Cross continent instead of overseas.

Hey Goat, based on the Facebook pictures, I'm pretty sure I spotted your building between the church and the building with the large "W" on it headed south on I-5 towards downtown. I hope closing happened today; it looked really awesome. :)
Goatkiller666 wrote:
Xar wrote:Just as an update, I'm about 70% done with the turn - it's likely it'll be out by the end of the week (but I'm not going to give you any certainty there :P).
Menolly wanted me to ask, since she's not able to log in right now, if there might be some cryptic hints available, since you were 70% done back on the 10th.

I did no such thing!!
Dread Poet Jethro wrote:She can't log in now?
Perhaps Goat is holding her
Hostage or something

Surely nothing can
Keep Menolly off the Watch
Except dire means

She has been missing
Or at least has not posted
For a few days now...
I'm here, I'm here...
...briefly. :|
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

You just have to know how to spur her to action.

It would seem that Xar's displeasure still means something to her. Good to know.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Well, I'm willing to risk it... :lol: If you're not able to get results out Monday (It's a holiday weekend here. heh), how 'bout a CH? :mrgreen: Anything would be good. But if you were being extra generous, I was wondering if there was a nasty, nasty, nasty explosion in Shaldir.

Or, ya know, just ignore me. :lol:

Also, everybody check out O's new av! I only point it out because I stumbled on it doing a google image search. :lol: But it's gorgeous.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

So, seeing as it's still there, I'm gonna come out and say my post about the character's thoughts and Bel's words not being the same was a hint that the Numen's post is quoting information the character has no way of knowing and couldn't possibly comment on...
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I don't know. This is a difficult situation, imo. You had it in Aesir, too. Unless certain threads are specifically stated to be off-limits to what characters know, it can be assumed that they do know. It's just the nature of a game played this way. Somehow, the characters all have access to the private thoughts of some character who thought this or that.

But even if it is so stated, it's just not possible to not act on information found in such threads. Why ignore information revealed in that way if we think it's important, and needs to be acted upon? caam asked what I learned about the Sapphire of Jove when Z said he studied it. But I couldn't tell her. Even though I trust caam, how could she possibly have had Vashitva do (or not do) something that caam knew was bad, in light of whatever information I shared with her? (And why not feed everybody false information in such threads, in order to make them do something you want them to do?)
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Moxinomal
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Moxinomal »

The way that I treat in character information is that if it is posted in the game thread, it is free knowledge in the game. If it is posted in this thread or the ages thread or, well, just about any other thread I turn a deaf ear to it in game. That's just the way I do it though. That's also why I don't talk too much outside the actual game. Maybe I'm just weird. 8O
Embracing me is to embrace the true way your mind works. Let yourself not be hindered by the false.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Maybe? heh

That's fine. A good attitude. (Personally, I don't talk OOC. Even if txting, which is not easy to do IC because of space, all is IC.) But I don't really see how anyone can post something, and expect it to not be acted upon. That's why I don't put vital info in the Encyclopedia Silva. I'll give more info after P3 ends, but I'm not about to tell anybody what Wiri's current powers are. I have no way of knowing when Madadeva is going to try some crap again. :lol: And even the World Breaker might have access to anything posted. My advice is, if you want to flesh things out, do it in a way that can't be used against you. Yes, it's a shame, because we all want to see things fleshed out. It's great! And Murrin's posts are so few and far between that I really don't want to see them disappear over something like this. But what can be done? You can't post something important, then tell everyone they have to pretend they didn't read it. It's like in a million shows where the jury is told to disregard what the witness or lawyer just said. Yeah.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

Murrin wrote:So, seeing as it's still there, I'm gonna come out and say my post about the character's thoughts and Bel's words not being the same was a hint that the Numen's post is quoting information the character has no way of knowing and couldn't possibly comment on...
Please note that my comments about your post were themselves in this OOC thread. The Numen has no IC opinion about Bel's follower's thoughts. I just chose to log with this account to post my OOC thoughts, instead of the goatkiller account.
Nothing rhymes with orange!
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

It's the most recent post in the game thread.

Fist, I've been pretty clear that the story thread stuff isn't finished and that Bel will himself make some sort of return once it is done, which'll be around the time the turn results come in. You'll get something to respond to then.
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

Heh. Oh, yeah. That post.

I really need to not check the Watch after I've taken my sleeping medz. I end up posting stuff and have no idea what I've said.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Hmm, this is a fascinating turn, I must say... a few noteworthy things happened, and there was an example of flawed assumptions (although, in the deity's defense, the attempt was valiant).

Other than that, it's almost complete by now... there is one last thing I need to do before sending it, but after that... well, you know the drill. Expect the dreaded turn today or tomorrow.

(Of course, most of you should expect txts from Fist and Menolly as soon as they read this!)
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Alas, it's 3AM at the moment for those with cells I'd txt. I sometimes get yelled at in these situations. If results were out, I'd do it anyway, but... :lol:
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

I already got my text this morning. heh
The King has one more move.
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

See? That's just good karma coming back to me. At midnight my time last night, I was thinking of TXTing Fist to pester him about something, but I decided that even HE wouldn't be interested in chatting at 3am.

And then when it's 3am my time, Fist chose not to TXT me as well.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Well, there you go :D Enjoy! Next deadline is on Saturday, June 19, 11 pm GMT. Like last time, no turn orders will be accepted after the deadline.

Rothmog will be posting something about his disappearance shortly, for those who are wondering.
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

And ironically... I got to TXT Fist that the turn is out. And he's stuck at work, with no access to the Interwebs.

Should I tell him if Shaldir is okay?
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Make him suffer!! .... whoops ... wrong deities sentiment! :lol:
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Fist and Faith wrote:Alas, it's 3AM at the moment for those with cells I'd txt. I sometimes get yelled at in these situations. If results were out, I'd do it anyway, but... :lol:
Thank you for reigning in your impatience, sir.
Though I must admit, receiving a text at 4:51 am, while almost two hours later, isn't all that much better...

And thank you for the results, AllFather.
Now, to attempt to make sense out of what all has happened.
*shakes head in bewilderment at results and W&E events*

Return to “Pantheon”