Pantheon: The Third Age - Rules and Comments Thread

Moderator: Xar

Anaya
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Anaya »

Zephyr wrote:Yes... Well then...

*shuffles feet*

I am the Master of the Eclipse Court.

In his great Wisdom, Aarklar saw the need for Balance in the world, and so created the Eclipse Court. When Aarklar left, I was elected. The Eclipse Court's other members are Arcadia, Koel, Simjen, and uKulwa.

When the Balance has been good, we have had great power. Figuring the Balance cannot be maintained if the world is destroyed, we have used that power to try to save the world. Which helps explain how Simjen was able to heal that crack so nicely. And a portion of the power sent to The Unknowable just now is the Eclipse Court's power.

Our oracle is The Nameless. When the Sunset and Sunrise oracles said what Madadeva just shared with us, The Nameless said this:
The Nameless wrote:They are wakened.

The burning darkness and the grinding flesh,
Arising from the shadowed past,
They wreak the world by divine decree,
The end is nigh! The end is nigh!

One who stood against the coming tide
Is ended;
One who stood against the rising dark
Is come.

Souls unnumbered cry for deliverance,
From the fickle whims of men and gods;
Hubris and folly have call'd down from high
What has begun and must perforce end.

One path now stands before the High Ones;
Sacrifice.
One path now stands before the Low Ones;
Destruction.

And all that has been said and done,
All the deeds of gods and powers,
Stands on the edge of precipice,
Judgment has nigh begun.

And those who stand in eclipsed dark
Must guide.
And those whose suns both rise and fall
Must hear.

The plea has been heard, the challenge spoken.
We were told to guide. But I did not think it would be a good idea to reveal ourselves, so I guided the effort that The Unknowable is making in the manner I did. Now, it seems that Kholtanos is saying such guiding is not enough, and wants us to reveal ourselves. So here I am. If all will abide the one deity's guidance who stands before the Eclipsed Gods, I guess I'm that one.

Of course, I've already said what I think the likelihood of all abiding one is, but perhaps something can be worked out.

And it seems obvious that Simjen is to be instrumental in things.
Uh...ok. Looks like I missed a lot, and not just while I was overseas without a computer either.

8O :?
When you reach a crossroad
Fate is the path you choose to walk
And Fate is the path down which you are thrust
Mirificus Casus
Servant of the Land

Post by Mirificus Casus »

OK, so...
I'm going to be leaving town tonight, and I won't be able to get back on the Watch until the 21st. So, I need to submit my turn today. If anyone has a plan that I would be of particular help with, I would appreciate being told about it.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Hmm...
By "tonight," do you have a certain time you must be reached?
Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

Mirificus Casus wrote:OK, so...
I'm going to be leaving town tonight, and I won't be able to get back on the Watch until the 21st. So, I need to submit my turn today. If anyone has a plan that I would be of particular help with, I would appreciate being told about it.
Give all your DRP to Madadeva ... I'll take care of things! :biggrin:
He/She who dies with the most toys wins! Wait a minute ... I can't die!!!
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

riiiight... 8O
Mirificus Casus
Servant of the Land

Post by Mirificus Casus »

If anyone else has a plan I might be interested in, I will need to hear about by 4:30 EDT.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

I believe you know what plan I would like to see you do. :lol:
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

Here's your menu:

Midnight Army (and Argothoth's eventual return) - The Numen are the choice for this. Give your power to Us so that we can find the solution / fix it.

Wyrm - Dagon is the natural choice for this. Give your powr to him so that he can help find the solution / empower Leviathan to kill the thing.

Cancerous burning cold "stuff" (presumed to be some effect of the World Breaker) in the Shylan desert. uKulwa is the one running point on this. Give him you power. (Not cho, she'll just do something silly with it.)

Freezing white light from underground fissures (maybe also suspected of being the World Breaker?) I think Zephyr is running point on this one?

[also, you might want to get your people to quit besieging Zephyr's people in Coatlic.]
Nothing rhymes with orange!
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

6 DAYS UNTIL DEADLINE!

Sorry about that txting thing that some of you had to deal with the other day. :lol: A strange feature of txting that I was unaware of. Mainly Simjen and The Unknowable had to put up with it. O-gon-cho and Madadeva too, though. Oh well, I know how you all look forward to my txts, so no harm done. :D
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

ah!
So I was not the only one to experience that, merely the first to mention it was happening!

It must have been pretty bad for Simjen and The Unknowable if it was worse than the three repeats and the one longer text starting off the same way that I received...
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

Oh, my bad.

Zephyr is running the "kicking Mox' ass" committee of Project Mayhem. It turns out that the fissures of white icy-hot are considered part of the WB issue, and are under uKulwa?
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I have not heard of any organized effort regarding the white-hot fissures. Just rumors of different ones appearing throughout the world.

But of course, that doesn't mean there isn't an effort going on to learn more about them someone has chosen not to share with cho...

Would be nice to know if any of them caused any actual damage or harm, instead of mere speculation that they might do so. I know the white-hot light coming from the portal in the Shylan causes cho to shriek in pain whenever she looks at it; but that is all I definitely know regarding that so far. And so far, I do not know if the fissures are similar or not. However, offhand my feeling is they are not.
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

Menolly wrote:I have not heard of any organized effort regarding the white-hot fissures. Just rumors of different ones appearing throughout the world.

But of course, that doesn't mean there isn't an effort going on to learn more about them someone has chosen not to share with cho...

Would be nice to know if any of them caused any actual damage or harm, instead of mere speculation that they might do so. I know the white-hot light coming from the portal in the Shylan causes cho to shriek in pain whenever she looks at it; but that is all I definitely know regarding that so far. And so far, I do not know if the fissures are similar or not. However, offhand my feeling is they are not.
Somebody is working on EVERYTHING, somewhere. That's the point.

Also, I believe that the fissures near Dagon's city are causing the water temperature in their area to get so hot the city is about to evacuate. So yeah, more than just interesting quirks of landscape.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I know the white-hot light coming from the portal in the Shylan causes cho to shriek in pain whenever she looks at it;
I think that's about all the clue you need to figure that one out. No one else is shrieking in pain. Hmmm. Maybe you should attempt to communicate with it. ;)
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Syl wrote:
I know the white-hot light coming from the portal in the Shylan causes cho to shriek in pain whenever she looks at it;
I think that's about all the clue you need to figure that one out. No one else is shrieking in pain. Hmmm. Maybe you should attempt to communicate with it. ;)
*shudder*

...again???
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Any chance anyone wants to discuss this stuff in the Game thread?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

No.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

*sigh*
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

"You're the leader, Chuck. So go ahead and lead."
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

The Numen wrote:Also, I believe that the fissures near Dagon's city are causing the water temperature in their area to get so hot the city is about to evacuate. So yeah, more than just interesting quirks of landscape.
Still, even a typical volcanic fissure in the ocean floor would be capable of doing such. Other than what might be an innate, mundane feature of that particular fissure, has anyone heard of any potential magical or supernatural harm done by these cracks in the earth?
Zephyr wrote:Any chance anyone wants to discuss this stuff in the Game thread?
What goat said...

Return to “Pantheon”