How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

CovenantJr wrote:
Seareach wrote:OMG! Cov! Yeah, I'm with Dan on this one: insane or a teenager (I'd be guessing the latter). Do you know this ning-nong in real life?
Yeah... The other day she introduced me as one of her best friends.
Oh...she's one of those kind of friends!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Seems so. And now she's blocked me from MSN and deletes anything I say to her on Facebook. I assume she won't answer the phone if I call, or the door if I go to her house.

That's the thing that annoys me the most. The shut-out. The lack of explanation.

Well I have no patience for it. She can play the spoilt princess to her heart's content. If she offers an apology I'll think about it. Otherwise, there are too many other people who deserve my time more.
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Well, all I'd be thinking is "Who needs friends like that!"
CovenantJr wrote:...there are too many other people who deserve my time more.
Like me! ...:P.... :? ... ;)....:biggrin:
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Heh, indeed.

I've taken the bullet too many times. We've had a lot of fights, and almost every time (I can remember one exception, maybe two) I've ended up apologising and begging for forgiveness, even when she was the one in the wrong. Each time, I felt saving our friendship was more important than which one of us apologised. Now I'm not sure our 'friendship' is worth saving, and I'm certainly not going to take the fall this time. Overall, this friend has enriched my life, but the price is too high.

As I said in my private blog rant: 'One day she will realise that if you keep attacking people for no reason, if you keep expecting them to apologise to you for your mistakes, if you just keep saying "get over it" and "deal with it", if you refuse to ever yield or compromise, if you shut people out because you don't want the hassle of discussing the problem or explaining your actions - then you will end up with no friends and no-one who cares about you.'

Maybe when that day comes, she'll look back and realise I was always right.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Didn't mean to be crude, didn't realize you knew her. She's way to high maintenance, If the minuses outweigh the pluses you don't need her messing up your life... :P
fall far and well Pilots!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

danlo wrote:Didn't mean to be crude, didn't realize you knew her. She's way to high maintenance, If the minuses outweigh the pluses you don't need her messing up your life... :P
That's ok, it made me chuckle. :) Yeah, I do seem to have a tendency to accumulate high maintenance people. :roll:
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Well, I'm pretty easy going, but...never mind.

Anyway, it's page 300. Where are the Sparta jokes?

Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

I'm exhausted. Looking after Gabe and his friend Olive for the entire day (a whole 10 hours) made me realize why I've only had one kid and why I'll only EVER have one kid. Too much like hard work (although they got along really well most of the time).

But, yeah. I'm zonked. Tomorrow off to do the housework and then back to work again. Bah! This sucks! :P

..and...sorry...can't think of a Sparta joke. :(
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

CovenantJr wrote:Seems so. And now she's blocked me from MSN and deletes anything I say to her on Facebook. I assume she won't answer the phone if I call, or the door if I go to her house.

That's the thing that annoys me the most. The shut-out. The lack of explanation.

Well I have no patience for it. She can play the spoilt princess to her heart's content. If she offers an apology I'll think about it. Otherwise, there are too many other people who deserve my time more.
hahaha yeah thats why yer spendin so much time talkin about it!! :lol:
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

feel strange today. I have shut down the cable tv 8O . it feels so silent around here. I got up to have coffee and went to turn on the tv....... blank. the tv is a clear addiction. wake up to the drone of HGTV and go to sleep to some rerun of Frasier.

When i was living in Portugal I had no tv, radio, phone, or even an electric fan actually. it was the most productive time of my life.

but..........i feel like i'm going through withdrawl.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

*nodding*

Went through that a little over two years ago, when we moved out of Village housing and into the regular community. Never signed up for cable, and prior to our move, The Food Network was background white noise for me. We only received three analog channels when we moved here, and with one voluntarily sticking to the original HD convert date, are now down to two. We have no plans to get a converter box; Blockbuster and whatever is online shall be our friends, until the day comes we get an LCD HDTV or what have you...
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

lucimay wrote:
CovenantJr wrote:Seems so. And now she's blocked me from MSN and deletes anything I say to her on Facebook. I assume she won't answer the phone if I call, or the door if I go to her house.

*shrug* It's difficult to just stop thinking about someone who's been a friend. And you lot are the only people I have who I feel I can talk to about things.
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

"Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt." - Kurt Vonnegut
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

CovenantJr wrote:
lucimay wrote:

*shrug* It's difficult to just stop thinking about someone who's been a friend. And you lot are the only people I have who I feel I can talk to about things.
Aww... That deserves a hug. Or a push down the stairs. Where *is* that kid when we need her...?

Anyhow, I agree with the other folks, this chick sounds *really* immature. If/when she comes around, just remember that you also have the option to freeze *her* out. :twisted:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Heh, a push down the stairs is probably most appropriate.

This friend is...odd. It's been my considered opinion for some time that she may actually have a sociopathic disorder. You see, she has no empathy. Mostly, you'd think she's simply very self-centred, but I've spent a lot of time with her over an extended period, and she isn't just selfish - she's actually incapable of empathy. Not only does she not understand another point of view, she seems physically unable to grasp the concept that there even is another point of view. For instance, if we have plans to meet up and she decides to just not show, she'll be baffled as to why I'm annoyed. Her failure to show didn't annoy her, so it shouldn't annoy me. She seems unable to grasp that situations look different from differen angles. I mean it, I genuinely think she has an empathy disfunction.

Combine this with a teenager's admiration of Hollywood's beloved 'I will not compromise my principles' stance and what you get is someone who can't ever see a point of view other than her own, and who doesn't believe in give and take.

Essentially, I called her a spoiled brat and told her that in ten years she'll regret the way she's currently living her life. Which makes me sound pompous, but better pompous than childish.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I, sorta, went out with someone like this when I first came to Albq, and I hate to say it but she sounds so self centered that she, probably, needs a sociopath to rock her world-not you. I'm a very empathic person these type of people prey on us.
lorin wrote:When i was living in Portugal
where in Portugal? My parents owned a house in Monte Capirica for 18 years and I lived in Cascais for a year when I was four.
fall far and well Pilots!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Bleh, I have to track down relevant work on the Celtic thing today. I really can't be bothered. And I had weird dreams all night, so I'm in an unsettled mood.
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

where in Portugal? My parents owned a house in Monte Capirica for 18 years and I lived in Cascais for a year when I was four.

OMG!!!!! you made my day! no one in the US that I've know lived in Portugal. First you're from Jersey and now you tell me you lived in Portugal.

I was reading The Drifters by Michner when I was about 30 and had a pre-midlife crisis, quit my job and decided to follow the characters of the book through Spain. BIG mistake, the coast of Spain had become a haven for 60 year old tourists in bermuda shorts and knee socks. So I got all the way up to Barcelona, grabbed a plane and went to Lisboa and I fell in love (with Portugal...sigh). I wandered down the coast of the Algarve and finally settled in Lagos. Wrote AND COMPLETED my first play sitting on the beach, lost a lot of weight, drew some pictures (see my sketch of Sia in the Albums section. A Gypsy girl I met), and was very very happy. Spent a lot of time wandering through the central area of Portugal.

Stayed there for about a year till I ran out of money.

I went back last June to find those sunburned, drunk, chainsmoking bermudaclad tourists had migrated to the Algarve. Kind of reminded me of the flocks in Kings Cell. Was pretty horrible till I went inland.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

I am feeling soooo unmotivated today.

I should go take a walk (the weather's beautiful). Or deal with the checkbook (ugh). Or start my Czech homework, or work on Magickmaker's sweater (at this rate she *might* have it for next fall :roll: ), or finish editing the NaNo novel, or do some planning for the sabbatical trip. Or clean the house. But instead, here I sit. :roll:

I did make a cake for study group later today, and I read the Sunday paper, but nothing else has gotten done. Maybe it's spring fever. Yeah, that sounds like a good excuse....

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

our son's girlfriend (mother of her 2nd child) is a black hole of unpleasantness) she watches tv all day and all night. complains about everything and is horrible to the boy. and living at our house for the foreseeable future.

oh well.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “General Discussion Forum”