Darkwood--Deepening Dusk

Moderator: Seven Words

Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led bellows as loudly as he can "Stop them! They've ensorcelled the guards! One of them's not human!", hoping to draw attention from other guards or citizens in the area.

He then runs after the pair as fast as he can, hoping to cut them off. [Scouts get +10 movement.]
Geek the mage, first.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus has been riding along with the party on the horse he has already gotten himself.

If they are within range, Vynarkus blasts them each once while riding towards them, since I assume they are strong enough to take that. If they are not, he gallops after them, and does that even if they are in range if he can have the horse gallop and attack himself in one turn.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Sorry, you lost sight of them..nobody was moving quietly on approach, you barely caught a glimpse as they took off.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

The sleep-bespelled guards awaken at Led's shout, as he was nearly atop them. He dashes off, and they come muzzily awake, all three of them. Other members of the Watch come running. You are unable to take off in pursuit as the crowd closes in upon the center of the commotion....Mutters fo "elven witchery" are clearly heard...but Marriks defiant stance between Skyseeker and the crowd, with Missaryi's symbol clearly showing silences all tongues. While Sir Pval is not here...not yet, at least...one of his men is, Heren Taussig.

"Magicked guards? what's this?"
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Laurel looked about at the gathering crowd, and wished she had an answer for Heren Taussig. Marrik wasn't answering, he was concentrating on protecting Skyseeker. Skyseeker, Jauron, and Beauregard were most likely too smart to even try to reason with Sir Pval's man. Vynarkus, though fully human, looked different enough to probably have difficulty as well. So...

Hoping the rumors of a "song-witch" hasn't spread completely throughout Waymeet, and taking a deep breath, the bard sings a Song of Bolstering [Fleeting Fame, please] towards Heren Taussig...
Sometimes in our lives we all have pain
We all have sorrow
But if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow

Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

Please swallow your pride
If I have things you need to borrow
For no one can fill those of your needs
That you don't let show

Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

If there is a load you have to bear
That you can't carry
I'm right up the road
I'll share your load
If you just call me

So just call on me brother, when you need a hand
We all need somebody to lean on
I just might have a problem that you'd understand
We all need somebody to lean on

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

Lean on me...
[Diplomacy check please]

"We are hurrying after a friend, who is in pursuit of others that we feel are working to bring great harm to Waymeet." Looking about at the party and hoping to convince some of Waymeet's troops to stand watch at the ruins and guard the Web, she continues, "I know if any could join us in the pursuit, I for one would be grateful."
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

He looks askance at you, and drops his eyes to a bracelet upon his left wrist...the gemstone inset is rather dull...."Had you tried to magic me, this would have glowed, and you'd be in irons as we speak. We need to see if anything was done to the gate, you folk go after your friend if you wish...but let me know what happens." The suspicious looks from the half-dozen Guard and the dozen and some townfolk abate somewhat as your lack of magical coercion is stated.

Led comes running back at this point.....
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Seven Words wrote:We need to see if anything was done to the gate, you folk go after your friend if you wish...but let me know what happens."
"No need to go after me; I'm here now. And they did nothing to the gate except talk through it. And threw some small objects over it. There was talk about poisoning of food and sapping our wills."
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Marrik asks, before anyone else can speak, "where did they go?"
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"There was some kind of underground tunnel, behind a bakery a few blocks up. I didn't think it would be safe to follow them down there, and the door mechanism looked... dangerous by itself."
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Heren looks more than slightly concerned at this...mention of poisons, and the baker, together, are a serious cause for concern.

"Quickly!" as he leads the Guard off.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led follows along, to show them where the entrance was.
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Upon arriving at the flagstone in question, Beauregard carefully examines it, finding no traps upon it....Marrik heaves it aside....the drop is slightly over 10'. Beau taps his spear along the side...tap--tap--tap--nothing...about one foot into it is the edge of a Silence spell. Jauron looks at the bakery, and asks..."As mention was made of poisons, perhaps we should look within?"

The trembling baker goes to unlock his door...but it is already unlocked.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Looking about, Laurel finds a spot to hitch Garvin, then nocks an arrow to her shortbow and addresses the others. "I think the trail will get colder, the longer we let lapse before we trail after. But if there is an immediate threat to the good people of Waymeet due to poison, I believe we should investigate the bakery first.

"I will go with whatever choice our party decides. I only ask, should we choose to enter the tunnel, that someone brings Garvin back to the stabling at The Winding Way, as we know not where this tunnel leads."
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Vynarkus smiles faintly at the bard's words. "Surprising. This is the first time anyone I've met has had precisely the same set of priorities as me for a short while."
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

"I agree, but if there are no attackers inside caught red-handed, I think we should leave one or two behind to help the baker inspect the bread that's already there, while the rest of us investigate the tunnels here. All of us standing around the bakery would be pointless if there's nobody to fight."
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Marrik looks intently at the bakery, brow furrowed in concentration....before staggering back in shock...."There's something in there....."
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

Glancing towards the Heshic scribe, the bards knuckles whiten on her bowstring as she says, "I guess that answers the question of whether there is anyone/thing inside to fight."

Turning towards Marrik, she continues, "Is there anything else you can tell us about what you detect? Is it awake or asleep? Watchful or suspicious? Sentient or inanimate?

"Should we enter and face this? Or are there other options available to us first?"
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
~
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

"I cannot discern so narrowly, Lady...merely that there is something of most dire evil within....."
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led considers this. "Can you tell the number of evil beings? Or their location behind the wall? Right behind the door, maybe waiting for us, or further inside by the ovens?"
Geek the mage, first.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Marrik frowns, focusing again...."It's....several different places...not moving...."

/ooc--hey, EVERYONE made Spot checks--

There's a little corner of something sticking out from under the door....it's familiar...a corner of a certain kind of small pouch...you've seen this before...you even have one.

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”