Games You're Eagerly Awaiting

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

There is so many great games coming out. Where to start...

Metal Gear Solid 4
Resident Evil 5
Final Fantasy 13

Those three look great.

The next part of Half-Life 2. Assassin's Creed and Bioshock look really good. Gears of War 2, Unreal Tournament 3 and Halo are great.

Why must they all be on different game machines. Can't we just have one mega machine where all of them can be played?
Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

The Bioshock demo will be waiting for me when I get home, thanks to the 360's 'download and power down' feature. It's actually not one of the games I'm planning to rush out and buy, although it does look good. Halo 3, Mass Effect (which has slipped to 2008 :() and Fallout 3 are top of my shopping list.

I downloaded the trailer for Resident Evil 5 the other day and the FMV of Chris Redfield in North Africa looked great. I wasn't quite so impressed by the gameplay footage, but it's refreshing to see a Resident Evil game that doesn't revolve around a fictional North American city and the Umbrella corporation.

I'm seriously contemplating a move away from PC gaming. My computer plays WoW just fine and it would take serious expense and effort to upgrade it to play the next wave of new games. Add to that the number of what might previously have been PC-only titles on the 7th gen consoles and even the PS3 starts to make financial sense.
Q. Why do Communists drink herbal tea?
A. Because proper tea is theft.
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

More games to add to the list: Haze, TimeShift, GTA4 and GT4

I don't have one of these next gen game machines but I would like one but I am stuck on which one to get.

PS3:
Metal Gear Solid 4
Final Fantasy 13
GT4
Haze(I keep hearing it is on both, though)
Heavenly Sword
Lair
Tekken 6
TimeSplitters 4
Killzone 2

Xbox 360:
Bioshock
Gears of War 2
Halo 3
Mass Effect

On both:
Resident Evil 5
Assassin's Creed
Unreal Tournament 3
Half-Life 2(and the other parts)
GTA4
Silent Hill 5
TimeShift
Devil May Cry 4

Those are the games that look good and interesting.
The Laughing Man
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Laughing Man »

Loremaster wrote:
Esmer wrote:I was kinda not wanting to spoil it, have been avoiding alot of reviews and such where details are revealed, but I wanted to see if my now outdated video card was gonna hold up, so I could pick up a cheap one if I had to while I was pickin up the game just to play it, heh. The chatter roundabout seems to indicate its well balanced beyween stunning, as you say, grafix and good gameplay, which is heartening. :D
I'm tempted to purchase a DX10 video card just for this game, as my X1800 doesn't run DX10.
dammit! I have an X600 Pro, and wouldn't ya know it? :-x Just a bunch of squares all over my screen....grrrr! I really wasn't looking forward to having to upgrade, and cheaply at that. I usually try to go for the best bang for the buck, but thats around $250 right now, and looks like I'm switching back to NVidia this time....Oh well, as they say, you wanna play, you gotta pay! :(
Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

I've played through the Bioshock demo a couple of times now. I love the setting and story, it looks great and plays very well but for some reason it just doesn't excite me. I'm very happy with Shadowrun for my multiplayer fix and I'm itching to play Halo 3, which is a more conventional FPS than Bioshock in many ways. I think I'll probably get it at Christmas instead of rushing out to buy it now.
Queeaqueg wrote:I don't have one of these next gen game machines but I would like one but I am stuck on which one to get.
The console war is getting a bit harder to call. As time goes by I'm more inclined to think that the Wii isn't really a competitor to the PS3 and 360: a lot of people who own one aren't normally interested in console gaming and nearly all of the serious gamers that I know who have a Wii have bought it in addition to one of the other contenders. In short the Wii is carving out a new niche for itself as much as it's taking market share from the others.

I think the PS3 will start eating into the 360's lead from about Q2 of next year (with GTA IV), as the quality Microsoft's Fall/Christmas releases and their more affordable systems should see them safely through the rest of this year. Xbox Live is still vastly superior to the other online offerings though, and will really help in the long term (especially if they can make it an effective carrier for IPTV, as proposed). If they can score with a successful MMO (and I'm looking at you, Huxley) it will be a major obstacle for Sony to overcome.

In technological terms, I think by 2009 the PS3 will be starting to significantly outperform the Xbox 360, which will be in year four of its planned five year life span by then. This begs the question of what Sony will do when Microsoft bring out their 8th Gen console while the PS3 is still in its prime.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Sins of a Solar Empire.
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Loremaster wrote:Sins of a Solar Empire.
I hear that game will be a combo of 3D RTS with turn-based strategy. If my computer can run in, count me in.

In other news: I pre-ordered my copy of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for the DS. Can't wait till Oct. 1st!

Also looking forward to:

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for Game Boy Advance)
Dragon Quest IX
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
The Laughing Man
The Gap Into Spam

the UPS guy pulled up behind me just as I arrived home today, and handed me the Half Life 2 Orange Box I wasn't expecting until tomorrow! :o woohoo, right? :roll: I installed the game, it fired up Steam online, and promptly informed me I couldn't play the game because it hadn't been released yet! AAARRRGGHH!!! :evil:

I'm gonna fire it up at midnight and it better dam well work! :rant:
Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

Oh that's just cruel!
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I'm eagerly awaiting GTA IV and Empire: Total War.

--A
emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Post by emotional leper »

I'm looking forward to Counterstrike: Source, and to getting my WoW server up and running (bloody quests refuse to work.)
B&
The Laughing Man
The Gap Into Spam

Avatar wrote:I'm eagerly awaiting GTA IV and Empire: Total War.

--A
bastards keep pushing the date on GTA IV! :-x
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS: Trailers look good though huh?

--A
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I cancelled my order for Tabula Rasa, after the beta being disappointing. Anyway, I replaced the order with the collector's edition of the Witcher.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Only one I'm looking forward to: Empires Total War.
emotional leper
The Gap Into Spam

Post by emotional leper »

Loremaster wrote:I cancelled my order for Tabula Rasa, after the beta being disappointing. Anyway, I replaced the order with the collector's edition of the Witcher.
But it's not the Witcher. If he comes from a long line of Witches, each one Witcher than the last, he's the Witchest.
B&
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Oh my god . . . there's a U-Boat expansion for Silent Hunter IV in the works. Only this time it's not the war of the atlantic (a shame . . .), but set in the Indian Ocean. So basically, I can recreate the patrols of Wolfgang Lüth.

I cannot wait!
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
The Laughing Man
The Gap Into Spam

Kane & Lynch is lookin pretty sweet.... 8)
Dagon
Giantfriend

Post by Dagon »

Resident Evil 5...

I can't wait...

I love hearing they're pushing back GTA4. They'll just be making it better. :D
“I am you; you are ME. You are the waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free, be divine.”
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba
The Laughing Man
The Gap Into Spam

well, so much for Kane and Lynch, but I did stumble upon a teaser for Deus Ex 3. No Spector, or Ion Storm, and DE 2 was debatable, but here's hoping they can capture the spirit of 1 with modern graphics and good gameplay. I'm hoping they bring back the skill system too, as are alot of others, that being a major complaint around 2.

and [PROTOTYPE] has me incredibly giddy! 8O

Return to “PC & Console Games”