Who are you??? Who, Who

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Earthfriend
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthfriend »

Taiga Tzu wrote: :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
I'm afraid this "server" that Fist and Faith told me about (Honestly, so very much has changed since I last lived!) would "crash"(?) if I put as many angry faces there as my feelings about pollution warrant.
One day, Forestal Taiga Tzu, one glorious day, the forests will rise and power of the earth will once again be felt across the Land. Then shall Corruption and Despair be driven from the Land, the servants of pollutiion crushed, and the agents of destruction chained. One day...
Infelice wrote:Mornington is a nice place to live though its been ten years since I was there last.

With regards to the teaching career......just remember, the stunts you used to play on the teachers when you were a kid at school are like cotton candy compared to what kids get up to these days. Be afraid ....be very afraid
O.K.; now youre scaring me...! Why is it that i have no problem facing down a 100 kilo drunken idiot when i have to refuse him service, but the idea of 30 10 year old faces staring up at me raises a lump in my throat! Ah - but the challenge! And to have a career that means something...i guess im not quite as cynical as i thought!

Anyway, now i know you are a teacher, Infelice, expect to bugged with querys :wink: :!: :wink: :!:
Stone and Sea are deep in life,
two unalterable symbols of the world;
permanence at rest, and permanence in motion;
participants in the Power that remains.
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

To tell the truth Earthfriend, 30 ten year olds staring up at me raises a lump in my throat too. But if you're after a challenge then teaching will provide you with one. Bug away with your queries. :)
Earthfriend
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthfriend »

Thanks, Infelice! And your signature (be true. you need not fail) is just perfect :!: Im going to write it on the front of my text books to remind myself that i CAN do this...

I'm desperate to hear the opinions of practicing teachers - so much of the theory i'm learning just doesn't seem to have a practicle application. I get the feeling getting a teaching degree is like getting your driving liscense: first you learn how to pass the test, then you get out on the road and REALLY learn how to drive :)
So, how long have you been teaching, and what year levels do you teach?
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Earthfriend wrote:One day, Forestal Taiga Tzu, one glorious day, the forests will rise and power of the earth will once again be felt across the Land. Then shall Corruption and Despair be driven from the Land, the servants of pollutiion crushed, and the agents of destruction chained. One day...
It is good to meet a true Earthfriend!! :) Taiga doesn't get on nearly as often as I do, but I'll tell her come read this one!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Earthfriend
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthfriend »

Great to meet you, too :!: Our ranks are swelling, Fist and Faith. Slowly our numbers swell to proportions not even the Despiser can ignore! There is still hope in the Land...
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

Guess what? I just purchessed the Sunbane! Now it will never touch another patch of innocent soil again. It will never corrupt another drop of Earthpower, ever. :D

Now, I'm going to go watch my Sunbane now, writhing in its bottle. Mwahahahaha!!!

Err, does this make me be on the good guys side now?
Earthfriend
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthfriend »

Turiya Foul wrote:Now, I'm going to go watch my Sunbane now, writhing in its bottle. Mwahahahaha!!!

Err, does this make me be on the good guys side now?
You might need to turn down the evil laughter just a tad if you are hoping to turn from the Dark Side, Turiya -

*Suddenly, two dozen lawyers riding on the backs of Imperial Storm-troopers burst into the room, threatening Earthfriend with numerous writs!*

Lawyer 1 - this is an unauthorised use of a Lucas Film trademark, and i must order you to cease and desist! :evil: Gulp!*notices Earthfriend reaching for the nearest bladed weapon..*
Earthfriend - You'll never take me alive, lawyer scum :R :| :x

*sounds of scattered blaster fire, a heavy sword at work, and the unmanly screams of lawyers...*
:wink:

NB; no lawyers were harmed in the making of this post. (well, maybe just a couple of maimings, but thats all. Honest! ):D
The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Leper Fairy »

:LOLS:

Pie and Cake
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

:haha:
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Somehow, a Raver that's trying to be good reeks of corruption worse than the Illearth Stone could produce...there's dank in them dungeons
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

*runs off sobbing* A little voice in Turiya's head says, "After she stops crying, she is going to lavishly torture you and kill you in the most horrible way she can think of. Maybe she'll make you watch tha Ya-ya Sisterhood before you die. She's done that to many, many people." :evil:

*stops sobbing* Hmm, well, you may think what you will, but you will learn, in time, that my wish to be on the good side is true. Now, come over here and let me tie you up by your feet and lavishly torture you like that little voice said.

Little voice: *smug smirk*
Earthfriend
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthfriend »

Turiya Foul wrote:*runs off sobbing* A little voice in Turiya's head says, "After she stops crying, she is going to lavishly torture you and kill you in the most horrible way she can think of. Maybe she'll make you watch tha Ya-ya Sisterhood before you die." :evil:
NNOOOOO!!!!!! :o :o :o

Please, please, please - anything but that!!!! 8O
:wink:
Ageless Stranger
Ramen

Post by Ageless Stranger »

My name is Evan, and im 19 years old in South Carolina. I go to Furman University and Ill be a sophomore next year. i love performance cars(i drive a silver firebird trans am ws6 with a few minor upgrades). i love to go to movies, and i love music and reading. classic rock is favorite,(Led Zep, Beatles, Boston, Hendrix, Doors, Pink Floyd, and many others) but i like something from all genres. im a huge fan of Tombstone and Braveheart. They are two of my favorite movies ever. Im a hopeless romantic, and if i see you hitting a girl you are in BIG TROUBLE. I love to play sports and be outdoors. im 6' tall and i have blonde hair and blue eyes, and im LAZY when it comes to school work. i refuse to study or anything, especially if i deem it unnecessary(coincidentally, i dont find any school work or studying necessary). so basically i just chill out all the time up at Furman. if anyone wants to come visit, go ahead, were very welcoming to new ppl. Theres a few geek streaks in me, but i manage t keep them to myself most of the time. i love to have fun and do crazy stuff. my friends and i got busted and fined for stealing 50 wet floor signs at furman WHILE GIVING THEM BACK at 3:00 in the morning. lol oh well, thats a basic picture of me.
Every man dies; not every man really lives.

Doc Holliday from Tombstone is my hero.
Ryzel
Bloodguard

Post by Ryzel »

Good avatar. :) And welcome, btw.
"Und wenn sie mich suchen, ich halte mich in der Nähe des Wahnsinns auf." Bernd das Brot
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Welcome Ageless Stranger/Evan!! :) The car sounds ultra - cool. :)
Ageless Stranger
Ramen

why thankyou; you people are all great. im amazed at the pleasant welcome ive gotten and the general polite manners everyone uses around here, its wonderful.

Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

The Watch is a nice place to be Ageless Stranger....or can I call you Ageless, or Stranger perhaps. :) I'm sure you'll love being here. :)
Ageless Stranger
Ramen

either name is fine with me, evan if youd like

Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Turiya Foul wrote:*runs off sobbing* A little voice in Turiya's head says, "After she stops crying, she is going to lavishly torture you and kill you in the most horrible way she can think of. Maybe she'll make you watch tha Ya-ya Sisterhood before you die. She's done that to many, many people." :evil:

*stops sobbing* Hmm, well, you may think what you will, but you will learn, in time, that my wish to be on the good side is true. Now, come over here and let me tie you up by your feet and lavishly torture you like that little voice said.

Little voice: *smug smirk*
Who's Ya-Ya Sisterhood?
Reisheiruhime
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Reisheiruhime »

I don't know. Never seen it. It's a movie. It's supposed to be used as a torture impliment when you've tied someone up by their feet and you've pelted them with plates and things like that.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”