Insanity of the Left

Archive From The 'Tank
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Zarathustra wrote:
Skyweir wrote: Noting that aggression is feelings of anger or antipathy resulting in hostile or violent behaviour

And THAT is I think what the authors of the article are simply stating. Anger, antipathy and violent behaviour dont result in positive outcomes.
Do you honestly believe that "traditional masculinity" is defined in terms of anger or antipathy resulting in hostile or violent behavior?
Im referring back to the definition of aggression, up thread that I posted :lol: as it is "aggression" that is defined as "anger, antipathy" etc. :roll:
Z wrote:Where did I miss this training in my journey to become a man? This is the problem: the psychologists are defining all men in terms of a tiny fraction of those who are actually violent. It is not tradition that men are violent assholes. This is fiction and caricature. It is an attack upon masculinity, and it's happening all throughout our culture.
Ahhh fair enough. I'd be equally pissed if "femininity" were defined as weak, flailing, emotionally unstable etc. In fact as women were indeed once regarded, in medicine, by psychiatrists etc. But humans have advanced in their understanding of medicine and psychiatry.

Z wrote: It's a sexist stereotype.

If I'd said that "traditional femininity" is characterized by passivity and a tendency toward crying, emotional outbursts, excessive shopping, and an inability to change tires, you'd have every reason to be as offended as I am now. Sexist stereotypes are offensive and stupid. But it's okay as long as the target is men.
No :lol: indeed, not ok. But what might be ok is to identify non gender specific character traits that are toxic, unhealthy, negative or non productive. Which I have done. None of my comments have been anti men, nor I would have thought personally or stereotypically offensive. At least that is not the position I am operating from.
Z wrote:
Skyweir wrote:So lets cut through some of the BS. Traditional Maxulinity equates with what is referred to in contemporary terms as Toxic Maculinity. True.
False. You are stereotyping men. You are engaging in sexism.
ok I can pay that .. as a literal interpretation but :lol: was not my meaning. I was referring to Nanos video where he, the dude narrating drew this connection in meaning. And was paying that. Just that. ie people using the term "traditional masculinity" but really mean "toxic masculinity".
Z wrote:
Men in his examples, refer to women in proprietary terms.
No, I didn't give any examples where men refer to women in proprietary terms.
Skyweir wrote:So its to my mind not abstract or even bizarre that certain traits would be identified as potentially toxic.. ie aggression, anger, violent behaviour. And such is also seen as unhealthy for men, given the nature of worst case scenarios.
I agree that certain traits like anger and violent behavior can be identified as toxic, but I disagree that these traits define "traditional masculinity."
Ok .. then you are working from a rhetorical definition of "traditional masculinity" .. and what you're meaning is in that statement, I completely agree.

However, if we're using the article you cited and Nanos video "traditional masculinity" has a different meaning .. it is literally "toxic masculinity".

So yes stereotypes not good, yes not all men are violent assholes, yes not all men are manly, yes not all men are a binary reflection of one thing only or the other.

The point the article and indeed the video makes is that there are definitive social expectations placed on men and women .. that aren't particularly healthy or even reasonable.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Gaius Octavius
American Royalist and Admirer of All Things British

Post by Gaius Octavius »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FILwhaF ... gs=pl%2Cwn

This guy is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koPmuEy ... gs=pl%2Cwn

Also here's the recent racist, sexist commercial produced by Gillette that has drawn a huge backlash.
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

Jesus H. Christ. Gillette's gone with woke advertising?

I mean, okay I'm sure this is precisely no reflection on Gillette's own corporate ethical values, but has instead been dreamed up and actined by some deeply cynical marketing agency on the basis of their opinion of appeal to the most lucrative demographic...

However, what I reckon they've completely failed to take into account is the backlash effect from the silent majority. FFS didn't they work out what it was that got Trump into the White House?

This from 2017...
AR DEVINE, writing in The Irish Journal wrote:

"Straight white males are an inferior type of human who should know their place."

Do those social justice warriors and feminists not see the irony in claiming to oppose racism and sexism whilst harbouring contempt for one group of people, writes AR Devine.

OVER THE PAST decade or so the term "mansplaining" has entered our everyday vernacular.

I don't think it is conducive to constructive social and political discourse to coin a term using either gender as a negative prefix. However, as a free speech advocate I believe that people should be able to use whatever words they want to describe social phenomena as they see it and I can use whatever language I like to counter arguments with which I disagree.

Although I don't like the term "mansplaining", I do have some sympathy for its origins. Now, while I don't agree with feminists that western civilisation remains a patriarchy, this doesn't negate the fact that some men are chauvinists and view women as inferior.

The term "mansplaining" was originally coined to describe when a sexist male speaks to a woman in a condescending and patronising tone on the assumption that she probably doesn't understand what the man is saying to her. This is just bad manners and should be called out for what it is.

Unfortunately, the term "mansplaining" is no longer used solely for the kind of scenario, but is now deployed by many feminists when a man disagrees with their opinions. Allow me to illustrate this point by talking about conversations, both in person and on social media, that I have had with many feminists.

Instead of dealing with an opposing argument by putting forth a rebuttal, many on the postmodernist left and social justice spectrum will first and foremost attack you and try and dismiss your right to even have an opinion because of your skin colour, gender and sexual orientation. But only if you are a straight, white male.

In the worldview of these people straight, white males are an inferior type of human who should keep their mouths shut and know their place. How is this any different to the bigoted mindset of white supremacists?

I recently heard a stand up comedian use the phrase "straight, white male" as a pejorative. He and many like him feel completely free to express their sneering contempt for one group of people based on their skin colour, gender and sexual orientation.

Most baffling of all he is a white male himself. Do those social justice warriors and feminists not see the irony in claiming to oppose racism and sexism, while harbouring contempt for one group of people based on their gender, sexuality and skin complexion? Personally, I despise racism or sexism of any kind and I will always challenge and resist.

However, it is not just straight, white males who are viewed with suspicion and even contempt by many feminists and social justice warriors. There are many women too, including some self-identified feminists such as Christina Hoff Sommers and Camille Paglia who are viewed with derision by many of the feminist sisterhood because they don't subscribe to the current iteration of feminism.

There are also plenty of young women such as the popular Youtuber ShoeonHead who do not identify as feminists, and are highly critical of the claims current radical feminism makes.

These young non-feminist women, as well as feminist dissenters like Christina Hoff Sommers and Camille Paglia, are all dismissed as having "internalised misogyny". Meanwhile, Sharia law supporter Linda Sarsour who is at the forefront of the feminist movement in the USA, is never accused of having "internalised misogyny", despite supporting a brutal religious legal system that treats women as second class citizens.

This alliance between some feminists and Islamist defenders like Linda Sarsour exemplifies the internalised hypocrisy within feminism and the wider social justice movement.

Perhaps one day the current radical feminists and social justice warriors might become capable of grasping the fact that many of their opponents or even internal dissenters, whatever their gender, skin colour and sexual orientation are also able to have strongly held opinions that are not motivated by sexism, racism, homophobia or "internalised misogyny."
And here's your link.

What goes around, comes around. When I was at uni back in the early 80's, I remember "Women! Reclaim The Night!"marches by female students of a radicalised feminist persuasion carrying placards stating such gormless slogans such as "All men are rapists!".

But that was never mainstream and was quite rightly seen as the lunatic fringe of moronically naive and blinkered idealistic zealots.

However, today's equally gormless and equally fanatical woke-think seems to be becoming worryingly more mainstream.
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
American Royalist and Admirer of All Things British

Post by Gaius Octavius »

My favorite top comment (apparently Gillette is deleting as many of those comments as possible because of the backlash...lol) is "My wife's boyfriend really loves this commercial."

Also, as one commenter pointed out, one of the women they show in the video is a notorious denier of the Armenian genocide. Whoops. (Yet people like us are the bad guys!)

If you get woke, you become broke.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

My favorite rebuttal is from Dollar Shave Club. "Welcome to the Club"

Now think about this. What if the commercial had only blacks in it and showed inner city young blacks shooting each other and glorifying gangster behavior. Then it showed other blacks stepping in to stop the behavior only to be followed by a tag line "End toxic blackness". Does anyone see that as appropriate? If not, but you support the Toxic Masculinity commercial, then I would like to understand how you justify one but not the other.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

This is the practice of the progressive left...Divide, divide, divide.

Gillette clearly doesn't get its target audience.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I had to LOL at this reply to the Gilette ad:
So there I was, putting on my rape shoes and practicing my sexual harassment pickup lines this morning. I just got done cyber-bullying my coworkers and it was time to shave. I yelled at my wife to smile because I demand it, while pinching her butt right after she told me she didn't consent to it. Putting on the shaving cream and thinking about how I can get my son into a fight at the next BBQ, I replaced the worn Gillette brand Mach3 and began to chant "Boy will be boys" as I started to shave. Then suddenly my daughter burst into the bathroom holding her phone (what she was doing out of the kitchen, I don't know). As I began to mansplain to her why she isn't smart enough to know my shaving time is MY time she showed me the new Gillette ad. I realized how my every view and behavior I have ever held dear was wrong. I am calling in sick at the toxic masculinity factory today and I am going to drink a nice soy latte as I register Democrat and protest something...anything...for absolutely no reason.

Thanks, Gillette!
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

SoulBiter wrote:I had to LOL at this reply to the Gilette ad:
So there I was, putting on my rape shoes and practicing my sexual harassment pickup lines this morning. I just got done cyber-bullying my coworkers and it was time to shave. I yelled at my wife to smile because I demand it, while pinching her butt right after she told me she didn't consent to it. Putting on the shaving cream and thinking about how I can get my son into a fight at the next BBQ, I replaced the worn Gillette brand Mach3 and began to chant "Boy will be boys" as I started to shave. Then suddenly my daughter burst into the bathroom holding her phone (what she was doing out of the kitchen, I don't know). As I began to mansplain to her why she isn't smart enough to know my shaving time is MY time she showed me the new Gillette ad. I realized how my every view and behavior I have ever held dear was wrong. I am calling in sick at the toxic masculinity factory today and I am going to drink a nice soy latte as I register Democrat and protest something...anything...for absolutely no reason.

Thanks, Gillette!
LOL! :lol: :lol:

And now this . . . perhaps THE MOST INSANE thing in this whole damn thread:
A new Axios/SurveyMonkey poll finds that 74% of Democrats (and people who lean Dem) would consider voting for Ocasio-Cortez if she were old enough to run for president.
link

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

How can anyone listen to this 20-something speak and think she's qualified to be President???? She's not even smart enough to be class president of a high school. Her ignorance is vast. Her proposals are astonishingly stupid. She doesn't even have the most basic knowledge of our government that one would acquire in a high school civics class.

The Left has lost its damn mind.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

People are easily led.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

Cail wrote:People are easily led.
Correction.. People want to be led...

Which leads to other things I don't need to explain.
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Ur Dead wrote:
Cail wrote:People are easily led.
Correction.. People want to be led...

Which leads to other things I don't need to explain.
Very true. It's much easier to follow the herd than it is to think for oneself.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Haha I like AOC .. not sure shes ready but given time. Plus dont forget shes young, new to politics, government, the executive .. she hasnt yet had her shine rubbed off.

Long may she continue.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Skyweir wrote:Haha I like AOC .. not sure shes ready but given time. Plus dont forget shes young, new to politics, government, the executive .. she hasnt yet had her shine rubbed off.

Long may she continue.
Continue what, exactly? You like her, but why? She's done nothing other than get elected and stick her foot in her mouth. She's glaringly unintelligent, and utterly ignorant as to how government and the economy work.

You like her because she agrees with you and she's the proper demographic (if only she was a lesbian...). This is exactly the reason that politics are fucked. It's all about style over substance. The left has been distracted by a new, shiny thing.
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

What's the view on Kamala Harris?

I know next to nothing about her, but saw very recently that she's tossing her hat into the 2020 Dem nomination ring...
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
Lord

Post by Cail »

She's virulently progressive and anti-Trump, and she's a grandstander. She'll be completely unpalatable in the South and the Rust Belt. The Democrats learned nothing from 2016, as it appears they're going to have 20+ candidates going into the primary, and very few of them are going to play well with blue-collar voters. The progressive loons are trying to wrestle the party (via bullying, natch) to the far left, which means that traditional Democrat voters will stay home in droves.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I like AOC not for her demographic ... which is what exactly? Latino female from humble origins? :lol:

I like that shes not afraid to speak out. Long may she continue.

I like that through her messaging, albeit awkwardly articulated at times, that it is clear she has a social conscience.

.... calling on pollies to not be paid for the duration of the government shut down. Someone who is prepared to put their money where their mouth is.

.. I like her energy ..
Yes she is new, naive, and thats why she is still very much an idealist. Sadly much of that new kid shine and enthusiasm will be worn down by the realities of how the executive branch really works :roll:

Shes a young buck in a big dog eat dog world .. who is on a treacherous journey where dicks will criticise every little thing you do, even stupid things you did as a teen.

But in the public realm .. you just got a suck that shit up.

Oh .. and not a gay .. just cos one admires a particular individual of the same gender does not imply sexual attraction :roll:
Last edited by Skyweir on Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

Kamala Harris? Already toast. The 400K settlement of a sexual lawsuit.

Like most social justice warriors, Kamala Harris talks a big talk on sexual
harassment.
But all along she was employing and sheltering a predator.

The lurid details include a female aide made to get down on her hands and knees.

Then this:
https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/ ... 263797.php

If the other Democrat candidates don't rip her on this, Trump group will.
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Skyweir wrote:I like that through her messaging, albeit awkwardly articulated at times, that it is clear she has a social conscience.
Having a conscience is something that keeps you, personally, from doing bad things. Wanting to punish wealthy people for their success, take their money, and give everyone else free shit is not the same thing as a conscience. It's vindictive class warfare and victimhood mentality.

And she's not "awkward" in her articulation. She's flat out wrong and uninformed.
Skyweir wrote:.. I like her energy ..
Yes she is new, naive, and thats why she is still very much an idealist. Sadly much of that new kid shine and enthusiasm will be worn down by the realities of how the executive branch really works :roll:
Her policies would cost about $42 trillion. The "energy" you see in her is like a kid at Disney World. That's the kind of "shine" you WANT to be worn off by the time someone potentially leads the most powerful nation in history. She's not an idealist, she's living in a fantasy world.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Skyweir wrote:I like AOC not for her demographic ... which is what exactly? Latino female from humble origins? :lol:
Not from humble origins, her parents were both quiet successful. Her father was an architect.
Skyweir wrote:I like that shes not afraid to speak out. Long may she continue.
Hitler, Castro, and Mussolini spoke out. Were you fans of theirs too?
Skyweir wrote:I like that through her messaging, albeit awkwardly articulated at times, that it is clear she has a social conscience.
What does that mean? I have a social conscience. I think that people should be free to do whatever they want. This person thinks that her will should be imposed upon us. It would seem that I'm way more ethical than she is.
Skyweir wrote:.... calling on pollies to not be paid for the duration of the government shut down. Someone who is prepared to put their money where their mouth is.
What does that even mean? We should stop paying the military? The border patrol? Explain this, because the government is absolutely not shut down. I live and work in the DC area, and I can tell you point-blank that the bulk of the government is alive and kicking. 800,000 or so "non-essentials" are having a paid vacation (though the pay is deferred).
Skyweir wrote:.. I like her energy ..
You know who else had energy? Che. Che had a shitton of energy.
Skyweir wrote:Yes she is new, naive, and thats why she is still very much an idealist. Sadly much of that new kid shine and enthusiasm will be worn down by the realities of how the executive branch really works :roll:
You have zero understanding of how the US government works. What impact do you think that a local politician who got less than 16,000 votes should have?
Skyweir wrote:Shes a young buck in a big dog eat dog world .. who is on a treacherous journey where dicks will criticise every little thing you do, even stupid things you did as a teen.
No, that's fake news. Give me a single example of something she's accomplished.
Skyweir wrote:But in the public realm .. you just got a suck that shit up.
Nope. In the public realm, if you talk shit, you'd better do shit, or else you're going to get shit. She's done shit.
Skyweir wrote:Oh .. and not a gay .. just cos one admires a particular individual of the same gender does not imply sexual attraction :roll:
Didn't say you were, but thank you for reinforcing yet another stereotype. AOC has done nothing, but women - even women with zero skin in the American politics game - will rally behind her just because of her genitals.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I truly do not understand you as a human.

Though I think its a cheap tactic to play the gender card.

On what grounds do you make a statement that woman support her purely because they share the same kind of genitalia. Thats beyond ridiculous. Do you imagine female constituents do not possess the ability of critical thought? That they do not possess common sense? Do you even have any comprehension of how Patronising a remark like that is? :roll: Do women in your experience not possess the requisite intelligence to make sound and rational judgements?

You may not like AOC .. may not find her possessing potential. I do ... 👍 .. I both like her and recognise her potential.

Further, its remarkable that the only people who you identified as being people that speak up on issues are all rogue leaders and questionable characters .. what of Martin Luther King, what of Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Ghandi, Dr Richard Pankhurst, Millie Faucet etc

Then to counter with .. an assertion that YOU support freedoms .. like that of free speech???? 8O

There is nothing comparative between AOC and Hitler et al. Dealing straight out of the Ben Stein playing. Youre simply grandstanding. Pity really that your inclination is merely to parrot Fox News tactics.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/amp.abc.n ... e/10739786

The swings taken at AOC so far are juvenile .. and frankly puerile .. slamming a dance video of her in Uni. Her clothing?? Stupid shit .. Come on .. what is the point? What does shit like that even prove?

She seems like a candidate that isnt gonna take crap. I like and admire that in her.

None of that shit goes to her credibility, capability or potential ... OR lack thereof. Shes a breath of fresh air .. she has energy, shes dynamic ..

Maybe your key concern with her is her socialist tendencies. I believe that will moderate with experience. Shes absolutely no Che Guavara :lol:
After college, Ocasio-Cortez moved back to the Bronx, while she worked as a bartender in Manhattan and as a waitress in a taqueria. Her mother, meanwhile, cleaned houses and drove school buses. After her father's death, Ocasio-Cortez and her mother struggled to fight foreclosure of their home. She launched Brook Avenue Press, a publishing firm for books that portray the Bronx in a positive light. She worked as lead educational strategist at GAGEis, Inc. Ocasio-Cortez also worked for the nonprofit National Hispanic Institute (NHI), and served as NHI's Educational Director of the 2017 Northeast Collegiate World Series, a five-day long program targeted at college-bound high school students from across the United States and other countries, where she participated in a panel on Latino leadership
Shes an impressive youngling, to me anyway.

Another pollies I like and admire is Jacinda Ardern .. the kiwi PM. Shes quite remarkable.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to “Coercri”