Pantheon: The Third Age - Rules and Comments Thread

Moderator: Xar

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Stonemaybe wrote:Brid didn't know the interval would be this long when she hung herself on the Tree.... 8O
"... Hanged herself on the Tree..."
Dread Poet Jethro
My quill pen is mightier Than the sword you drop

Post by Dread Poet Jethro »

There's some irony
In having a Yank correct
A Brid's choice of words
Yes, I am an alt
Whose? An open secret to
Attentive Watchers
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Goatkiller666 wrote:
Stonemaybe wrote:Brid didn't know the interval would be this long when she hung herself on the Tree.... 8O
"... Hanged herself on the Tree..."
:lol:

Does 'hanged' not entail a rope around the neck, hangman's knot, gallows, black hood, and all that?

(I'm trying to quibble my way out of this :P )
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Dread Poet Jethro
My quill pen is mightier Than the sword you drop

Post by Dread Poet Jethro »

A rope is implied
All the rest is optional
It's a swingin' thing
Yes, I am an alt
Whose? An open secret to
Attentive Watchers
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Wikipedia mentions that the correct form is "hanged" for the act of hanging a person by the neck, and "hung" for the act of suspending anything else.
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

It's really sad that the only time I hear from Fist is during the game.

8O

Wait a minute......

That might not be a bad thing after all. :wink: (jk)
The King has one more move.
Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

:lol:

You said it!
He/She who dies with the most toys wins! Wait a minute ... I can't die!!!
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

I hear from him heavily during Pantheon turns.

But I also hear from him heavily during Pantheon lulls. Mostly about how he's about to start cutting himself, because it's been SOOO long since he's gotten to play, blah blah blah.

I can't win for losing.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Dread Poet Jethro wrote:There's some irony
In having a Yank correct
A Brid's choice of words
So, an American is visiting London. He's only just now landed at Heathrow and deplaned. Jetlagged and urgently needing to use the loo, he accosts a random passerby, saying "Excuse me sir, can you tell me where the bathroom's at?"

The accosted man, all affronted dignity, replies, "Young man, here in Britain, it is considered unacceptable to end a sentence with a preposition."

"Okay, then. Can you tell me where the bathroom is at, asshole?"

What I love most about this, is that the "at" isn't necessary at all. It's placement at the end of the sentence is irrelevant.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

So I started trying to come up with a new piece to fill time, but all I've managed so far is to remind myself that Xar still hasn't shown whether or not he even remembers that Bel's prophet and a large portion of his followers all left Noptae the turn before the attack.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Oh dear, oh dear. I fear our poor prophet has lost his mind.

(There was never anything subtle about this one.)

(Surely prophets continue acting in their god's name while he is incapacitated. Even if he cannot directly instruct them.)
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

He left? Hrm. That might be a complication. Based on the fact that he was on the map there in Noptae, The Numen specifically attacked that city.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

He left the turn before, but it's been common throughout this game for Xar to not put my prophet or aspects where they're supposed to be.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

I wonder how I would have chosen, if I'd known it was a choice between your followers or Noptae? On the one hand, the ultimate goal was to wipe out Bel's followers while he was incapacitated. On the other hand, all that ocean makes a really spiffy way of keeping a plague contained. I'm not sure I'd want to risk dropping plague on Bel's followers elsewhere... too great a chance it would spread to the followers of my allies. (And then I get to spend power suppressing my own plague... FTL.)

Yeah, good times.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Where is Xar these days, anyway?
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Who can guess? Physically, he is supposedly moving over by me this month. Last I heard. Online, I haven't seen him forever.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Fist and Faith wrote:Who can guess? Physically, he is supposedly moving over by me this month. Last I heard. Online, I haven't seen him forever.
Well, the last few months have been rather busy. I left Heidelberg at the beginning of June, which means I had to spend most of April and May wrapping up loose ends, finishing my work there, organizing the move, AND I also started the new job at the same time, which led me to three trips through Europe in three subsequent weeks. I've been in Rome since then, but I'm working full-time for the new company while I wait for the visa, and I've had friends and family clamoring for attention while I'm here, so I've really had no time at all to do anything other than that :( I should supposedly move to the U.S. between the end of July and mid-August; after that, I should settle down, and then I'll hopefully get a breather ;)

I'm really sorry that Pantheon's turn has been left in the air... I've half-processed it before the chaos began, but after that I never had any time to sit down and continue the processing. I'm torn, to be honest - I don't foresee having time to finish the processing until at least mid-August, possibly even the beginning of September - but I really hate the idea of discontinuing the game like this, leaving all those things unresolved. And I still would like, ideally, to start Pantheon 4 at some point - before the chaos began, I had half-finished a software tool that would have made processing and occasional random events far easier to manage.

I realize that many players may already have given up on the hope of getitng results, and possibly of playing a new Pantheon game if and when that came to pass. But for those of you who are still here, and/or who would like to play a new game, I'd like to ask you what you'd prefer among these options:

1) Try to continue P3 until the end of the game - which isn't that far away, turn-wise; if enough players are left and this option is chosen, I'll try to process the turns whenever possible, giving it as much of a priority as I can.

2) Discontinue P3 and stop there; if this is the chosen option, I'll obviously understand - I haven't exactly been the most present gamemaster here in the last few months.

3) Discontinue P3, take a short hiatus and then try for a P4; obviously this is a strange option, but the start of a Pantheon game is always fairly easy since players cannot do many actions at first, and P4 was planned to have a slow character progression as well. If this option is chosen, I'll focus whatever time I can find towards finishing the tools that should make processing P4 much faster and easier than P3.

Please let me know what you'd prefer, and I'd still like to apologize for my absence. Real life can be complicated and frantic sometimes, but I feel you all deserved better than this sudden unexplained absence, so I'm sorry if I let you all down...
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I expect option 1 will be the most popular. Things are gonig to end soon anyway, mgiht as well see it through.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

I also vote for option 1. It's not like several-month gaps aren't common. Which sounds like a dis, but my point is that anyone still in the game knew that was an option several turns ago, and accepted it already. I can be patient, since it's not a surprise.

The first lesson I learned as a consultant is that it's all about managing expectations. People get grumpy when they're surprised. But as long as they know what to expect, things go much more smoothly.
Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

I vote for option 1 as well.

[Although I suspect Xar didn't really post - Av used his Admin powers to post with Xar's ID just to drive Fist CRAZY!!! :D ;-)]
He/She who dies with the most toys wins! Wait a minute ... I can't die!!!

Return to “Pantheon”