How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

aliantha wrote:Saw some of the traffic with your sister on your Facebook page, Menolly. What about if you responded to her with this:
<sticking fingers in my ears> LALALALALALALA

;) :lol:
If I did that, the distance between Pittsburgh and Gator Town would still not be far enough away...

Let's put it this way...
Picture my RPG obsession.
Think of it having gone on for the past 36 years.
That's been my sister and the "rush" she seems to get having medical attention.
I admit there are corroborating numbers regarding this kidney condition , but...dealing with her attitude regarding her "conditions" has gotten old.

Yet, I can't not be supportive.
So I listen...

...but while she wants me to come up for a "fun" visit, I just...can't.

*family*

Can't live with 'em.
Can't live without 'em...
magickmaker17
The Gap Into Spam

Post by magickmaker17 »

All keyed up about possible travel plans.

CovJr, I wasn't kidding. Please Please Please let me know.
I live in my own little world...but its okay, they know me here!
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

Ugh. I have a load of things to do. I can't access my semester grades online, I need to pick up the summer semester's schedule, need to do laundry, dishes and go grocery shopping.

It's been raining EVERY DAY here and I hate hate hate it. I tried taking my son to the pool yesterday when it was moderately sunny for an hour, but some really awful older kids were there WITHOUT THEIR PARENTS and kept splashing my son in the face. I told one to stop and she rolled her eyes at me. UGH! I can't stand crappy parents and their crappy kids.
Phantasm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Phantasm »

Have to sit in the house all day waiting for our new washing machine to be delivered, as our old one decided to give up the ghost a few days ago and wasn't economically viable to repair.

Why can't delivery companies say "we will be there at approx 3pm", instead of saying "we will be there between 7am and 7pm".

What a waste of a day.
Quote - John Smeaton (Terrorists take note)

"This is Glasgow- we'll just set aboot ye"

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Better. I did something to my back on Sunday. Not my lower back. Something attached to a shoulder muscle, I think -- the pain was between my shoulder blades on the right side. Anyhow, the ibuprofen I took this morning is just about worn off and it's only a bit twinge-y now, so I do think it's getting better. I could blame it on swimming, but I'm more inclined to think that I did it while trying to wrench open the windows in the girls' room. In any case, I'm going to skip the pool session tonight :cry: and go Friday night instead. It's bound to be dead then, right? I mean, how many people can there be who would spend Friday night swimming laps? :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Phanasm, I agree about deliveries... they have no problems asking you to waste a day waiting for them (and, in my case, they commonly forget about it entirely, meaning I have to take another day off!).

Sorry to hear about your back, Aliantha. I thought swimming was supposed to be good for your back! :o
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Rigel wrote:Sorry to hear about your back, Aliantha. I thought swimming was supposed to be good for your back! :o
Yeah. So did I. That's why I'm blaming it on the recalcitrant windows in the girls' room. :biggrin:

And Phantasm -- sorry for the wasted day. Hard to believe what passes for "service" these days, isn't it? :?

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I'm all laid up: pulled a tendon near my ankle chasing the 3 kids around and it flared up at 3AM last night-so I'm about to go lie down and read and, hopefully, snooze. Took a long hot Epsom salts bath, lots of Icy/Hot and it's been wrapped by nurse Tam. :biggrin: :faint:
fall far and well Pilots!
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

It's good to have a nurse on staff, huh, danlo? :lol: Feel better soon!

EZ Board Survivor

deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

My tummy hurts. Back in the USA less than 24 hours and my husband sticks a bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos in my face, knowing I can't possibly resist but my body is not used to so many chemicals after 3 years in Africa.

Still, I'm so happy to be here! Everything is so organized and well-maintained, and the air so un-polluted!! And no one stares at me because I'm white!!

I was hoping to leave rainy season behind me, but it seems to have settled in here. :?
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Are you back in the US of A for a visit or for good, dotd?

Feel well soon, danlo.
"Relax. Take it easy..."

Me?

I can't stop grinning.
Beorn had his last day of Drivers Ed today. It consisted of the road test for their operators license. He already had an automatic "A" on the written portion, for not missing a day of class and turning everything in on time. If he passed today's road test, he would get a waiver that he can present to the DDL next year in lieu of testing with a State of Florida examiner and receive his operators license.

...he passed.

woo-HOO!!!

Image Beorn!!!
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Congrats to Beorn! He may have his license before either of my kids do! :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

deer of the dawn wrote: Still, I'm so happy to be here! Everything is so organized and well-maintained, and the air so un-polluted!! And no one stares at me because I'm white!!
:?
Hope you have a nice trip otherwise! And if you're up for more adventure, I'd recommend trying Cheetos. I rediscovered them this year after not eating them for about 17 years, and those little cheesy corn snacks are addicting! Plus you get to lick your fingers after eating them. Goo times!

Congratulations to Beorn on his recent accomplishments! :R

As for me, I am slightly stressed out trying to get wedding things together. I didn't realize exactly all that is involved in putting together a wedding, or how expensive it could be even while trying to be frugal. :crazy:

Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Wyldewode wrote:Goo times!
<sings>Goo, goo, goo, goo vibrations!</sings>

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

Good luck with the wedding! It takes a lot to pull one off well, but (hopefully) it'll be worth it!
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Oh the horror. 8O
magickmaker17
The Gap Into Spam

Post by magickmaker17 »

aliantha wrote: I could blame it on swimming, but I'm more inclined to think that I did it while trying to wrench open the windows in the girls' room.
I'm sorry to hear about that...
Now you know why that window pretty much always remained closed. Because Batty and I were smart enough to leave it alone.

Feel better to everyone who needs it!

I've got a migraine that's been lingering for a while. I thought it was because of the heat, but it's been cooler the past couple of days and it hasn't gone away...so I'm not sure. Time to make another doctor's appointment, probably. Other than that, I'm good! I got a surprise day off today!
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

magickmaker17 wrote:I've got a migraine that's been lingering for a while. I thought it was because of the heat, but it's been cooler the past couple of days and it hasn't gone away...so I'm not sure. Time to make another doctor's appointment, probably. Other than that, I'm good! I got a surprise day off today!
Sorry about the migraine, sweetie -- and yay for holidays! :) And yeah, that window really sucks. Especially on Batty's side...

EZ Board Survivor

magickmaker17
The Gap Into Spam

Post by magickmaker17 »

aliantha wrote:Sorry about the migraine, sweetie -- and yay for holidays! :) And yeah, that window really sucks. Especially on Batty's side...
It's cool, I'm used to it. And yeah, don't I know it. I think I got the better end of the deal with that one. :lol:
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Where are you working this summer, magick?
Are you back at the pet store?
Somehow I missed that information this time around.
magickmaker17
The Gap Into Spam

Post by magickmaker17 »

Menolly wrote:Where are you working this summer, magick?
Are you back at the pet store?
Somehow I missed that information this time around.
lol, no. I'm working on campus as an RA. The office is closed today, so I didn't have to go in, but technically I'm still on duty, so if one of my residents comes to me with a problem I have to respond to them.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”