Welcome Visitors & New Members !! - Say Hello in HERE :)

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

Rexleith
Servant of the Land

Post by Rexleith »

Lord Foul wrote:Greetings, Rexleith.
Rexleith wrote:She said that the members here are some of the friendliest people on the internet.
So, do you trust everything people say? *makes a note in a black book with shiny green radiance* Image
Coming from the Malazan Facebook group....absolutely. Now the question becomes: Do I trust an avatar named Lord Foul? Especially one with such an interesting black book? :)
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Rexleith wrote: Do I trust an avatar named Lord Foul? Especially one with such an interesting black book? :)
His book ain't that interesting, trust me.
Especially since I know that Leith is in Scotland...and no way are you king of Scotland.
Also that the OTHER Leith is about 75 miles from Styx in the REAL place called "Tasmania," part of the MYTHICAL place called "Australia," NONE of which are anywhere NEAR either Deathlands NOR New England. [though in some seasons Deathlands and New England bear a marked resemblance to each other...fortunately New England constantly gets better, just like plague victims.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Rex, this Foul makes it clear that its Foulhood is distinct from a prior Lord Foul...and we know Foul does not lie. I will further assert that this Foul is far more to be trusted than the old Foul.

While that may appear to be faint praise, there really is a marked difference.

Still. It. Is. Lord. Foul....Beware.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Rexleith
Servant of the Land

Post by Rexleith »

Vraith wrote:
Rexleith wrote: Do I trust an avatar named Lord Foul? Especially one with such an interesting black book? :)
His book ain't that interesting, trust me.
Especially since I know that Leith is in Scotland...and no way are you king of Scotland.
Also that the OTHER Leith is about 75 miles from Styx in the REAL place called "Tasmania," part of the MYTHICAL place called "Australia," NONE of which are anywhere NEAR either Deathlands NOR New England. [though in some seasons Deathlands and New England bear a marked resemblance to each other...fortunately New England constantly gets better, just like plague victims.
New England ugh!! One of the most frustrating places to attempt to exist, not live, just exist.

Leith is from a D&D character I played in high school through college. Interestingly, he was a death cleric. As the name was more a reference to the ancient greek myth of the five rivers of Hades:Leith(or Lethe), Styx, Kokytos, Akheron, Phlegethon (in no order and may contain spelling mistakes). :)
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Rexleith wrote:the name was more a reference to the ancient greek myth of the five rivers of Hades:Leith(or Lethe)
I correctly remembered the other four but strangely enough I had completely forgotten about the river Lethe. How weird is that?
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Rexleith
Servant of the Land

Post by Rexleith »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
Rexleith wrote:the name was more a reference to the ancient greek myth of the five rivers of Hades:Leith(or Lethe)
I correctly remembered the other four but strangely enough I had completely forgotten about the river Lethe. How weird is that?
I often forget its correct spelling. Obviously, because I've grown so accustom to my D&D characters' spelling.
I don't think its weird at all.....My best friend was a Classics major in college so I often helped him study. Which is why I don't think that's weird at all. 8)
Rexleith
Servant of the Land

Post by Rexleith »

Savor Dam wrote:Rex, this Foul makes it clear that its Foulhood is distinct from a prior Lord Foul...and we know Foul does not lie. I will further assert that this Foul is far more to be trusted than the old Foul.

While that may appear to be faint praise, there really is a marked difference.

Still. It. Is. Lord. Foul....Beware.
:lol: That was great! I will make note of the difference.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
emphasis mine...

that was "made me swallow my coffee wrong" funny.
/applaud
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS: Oh very funny. I didn't pick up on that until you emphasised it. :lol:

--A
Sffasia
Stonedownor

Post by Sffasia »

Hi, is this where I say I've been re-summoned to Kevin's Watch cos I used 2 be a lurking forumer like abt 10 yrs ago n I just want to read the last dark forum now. So yeah, hello again from singapore n will try to post more here so as not to get kicked out again.

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS:

You don't get kicked out...you must have forgotten your password. ;)

If you tell me who you were, I can re-set it for you, or you can just stay Sffasia. ;)

Welcome (back)n to the Watch.

I think you have to go here: kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/groupcp.php

and join the Last Dark group to get into the forum, we keep it private to prevent spoilers.

--A
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Be Welcome (back) to the Watch, Sffasia.
Be Well Come and True.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Vraith wrote:
that was "made me swallow my coffee wrong" funny.
/applaud
Thank you. One does one's humble best.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Sffasia
Stonedownor

Post by Sffasia »

Thanx 4 offering,Avatar, thinking back must have used alternate email n ID close to this one. Will search n c if member-list still has it or try to pm/email u 2 find out if its still active, see wat posts I made then or ill just use this ID. Can I change to Saltheart Foamfollower Jr? He's my favorite character from all chrons? Mebbe ill start new thread to intro myself soon. I'm 12 hrs time zone away n hvnt finished my profile (it's 4am here n if my boss knew, I might get so fired, ok time 2 sleep n ill cont on my lunch hr, I think) sorry 4 rambling. Also, thanx Menolly (aside: Menolly from Dragonsinger trilogy [1st read like twenty-some yrs ago some time after readinf 1st n 2nd chrons] is my favorite mccaffrey char of all time, tied only w Robinton from master harper of pern) I suspect it's bcos how much they loved each other, ok that's enuf.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Sffasia wrote: (aside: Menolly from Dragonsinger trilogy [1st read like twenty-some yrs ago some time after readinf 1st n 2nd chrons] is my favorite mccaffrey char of all time, tied only w Robinton from master harper of pern)
*nod*
*nod*
*nod*

Do you sing? Or play an instrument of some sort?
Even if you are an aficionado of music and not a performer, come check out Vespers.

Post by Avatar »

You can change it to practically anything that isn't taken already. Just PM me with the original username if you have/want it and I'll reset the password.

--A
Sffasia
Stonedownor

Post by Sffasia »

Not a performer at all, im lurking at vespers now; will try to post there as soon as i can. I thik i was ard 15/16 when i first read dragonsinger 3logy after finishing dragonquest, white dragon n moreta.
Spoiler
the utter desolation menolly felt in seacove
resonated so strongly at the time i still tear up whenever i re-read it (n im in my early forties { mid 2 late 30s when i last read it after ms mccaffrey's death}; jaxom seemd too Marty Stu (dint know the term then, but his troubles seemed mitigated by his position n Lytol's care for him). thats y todd doesnt have the same appeal for me, altho iv read all his dragon books n the last few pulled me in n gave me some emotional resonance too, so props to him. still rambling, sorry. ill go post an intro after this. not now cos my lunch is over, thanx.
Last edited by Sffasia on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Oy. I am certain my co-mod will have a response to that, Sffasia...as soon as she surfaces from the book I loaned to her.

Can't say here what it is 8) ...but she will be along soon with an on-topic post.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Sffasia wrote: the utter desolation menolly felt in seacove resonated so strongly at the time i still tear up whenever i re-read it
aye, yet her journey to come in to her own, fire lizards and all, is a tale worthy of Moreta.

But enough regarding Pern here in the Summonsing, please. I know of several Watchers who have yet to read Pern, and I have striven to not spoil it for them. Between you and another Watcher in a different thread, more has come out regarding Menolly's tale in the past few days than I wish to share outside of a Pern or a McCaffrey thread. I am glad for a fellow fan, and would be more than happy to discuss the Harpers with you in the Dragonriders of Pern thread though.
Savor Dam wrote:Oy. I am certain my co-mod will have a response to that, Sffasia...as soon as she surfaces from the book I loaned to her.

Can't say here what it is 8) ...but she will be along soon with an on-topic post.
Suffice it to say I'm not halfway through yet, and have already been brought to tears...
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

hi Rexleith.

I am originally from New Hampshire. now dwell in texas.

Australia is a myth.

hi Sffasia
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “The Summonsing”