Darkwood--OOC commentary/discussion

Moderator: Seven Words

Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Led still has a pouch of some kind of aromatic smoking herb he got from Barak.

Perhaps the Heshics be smokin' tha good stuff?
Geek the mage, first.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Heshics...hash...coincidence?

I really do think The Man In The Sky needs to tromp us through a patch of catnip. I think it would be fantastic. :biggrin:
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Can anyone explain what additional things a Greater Staff of Healing can do? I was able to find the details of a Staff of Healing (which sounds pretty awesome in and of itself), but what makes what Sigrid received "greater?" Additional spells? The ability to cast the same spells more frequently? Both?
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Check out Sigrid's spell list in her last post. It includes the staff's powers.
Geek the mage, first.
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Hey, question...this is a room with one door, correct? Easily defensible? Is there any reason we couldn't rest here so that everyone can get all refreshed and chock-full of spells again? I mean, we need 8 hours of sleep, technically, right? I guess I could take one for the team if need be and guard the door. What about someone getting four hours...do they get some spells back but not all? Like could Led and I each take a shift and get some of our powers back?

The room is small enough that a bellow would wake everyone, right? And can sorchat be used as guard? Does she need to rest?
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

um, look at the map. :P yes, one entrance.....further back up the hall is the "simon" door. which is simple latch flip from this side.
Led Pighp
Bloodguard

Post by Led Pighp »

Also, two members of our party are now fully elves. A third has a ring of Sustenance. These three require only a couple hours of meditation instead of sleep. (They still need to chill for the 8hrs to get spells and whatnot back, but they can at least watch the door during that time.)

One of them is Skyseeker, who has no spells to cast anyway.

For those wondering, this is kind of what Led's dramatic paw looks like:

This shall now be known as his pimp-paw. The pimp-paw is strong. The pimp-paw is swift. The pimp-paw is merciless. All hail the pimp-paw.
Geek the mage, first.
Katrina
Giantfriend

Post by Katrina »

Close the door (it swings inward if I recall).

Led lay in front of the door to rest.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

...Not to mention that although the changes I was told about wouldn't be visible, there is a chance that they mean Vynarkus no longer needs sleep...
Annalysei
Giantfriend

Post by Annalysei »

Vynarkus wrote:...Not to mention that although the changes I was told about wouldn't be visible, there is a chance that they mean Vynarkus no longer needs sleep...
It could also mean that it'll burn when you pee. Totally not visible. Or that your burps will smell like coconut. Also not visible.
Laurel
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Laurel »

So, a question.

The Restoration spells are rolled spells. Would they be affected by the Healing Hymn if cast when the hymn is sung?
~Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away...
~
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

No.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

No.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Kalindriel Ec'urb wrote:"I kind of want to see them try. Although we should probably get out of here and make sure we have enough time to rest again before the dragon shows up."
Are you talking about the gold dragon with the weird name? Because I can't think of any other dragon, but I don't see how he caused this comment...
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

The ancient green wyrm who is coming to kill all the elves.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Ok, can you link me to that? Becuase I don't remember it at all.

I do know that Tiamat is trying to wake up, but that's still a long time coming.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Annalysei wrote:It could also mean that it'll burn when you pee.
Don't make me get all Eddie Murphy on yo ass...
  • They got dudes in the doctor's office with symptoms like, "Excuse me, doc, what does it mean when you go to the bathroom and fire shoot out your dick?"

"Let me get this right. So you're getting a burning sensation when you urinate?"

"No, fire shoot out my dick, is all. A burst of flame fly out my dick
    when I pee. I can't even pee in the house, I burn my house down. I gotta go outside. I was outside peeing, dude tried to mug me, I turned around and burned him up on the street. Because my dick is a blowtorch,
    is what I'm trying to say."
Which, of course, takes my mind over to the Book of Vile Deeds, and the magic item Tongue Studs of Hellfire. Only, not for the tongue.
Kalindriel Ec'urb
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kalindriel Ec'urb »

Vynarkus wrote:Ok, can you link me to that? Becuase I don't remember it at all.

I do know that Tiamat is trying to wake up, but that's still a long time coming.
When we found the map on the door, prior to the first altar in the dwarven quarters.

Page 14

The snarling was a dragon speaking. Kali was the only one who could hear it clearly enough to translate.
Vynarkus
Giantfriend

Post by Vynarkus »

Led Pighp wrote:"I hope Darethon doesn't have a problem with the fact that I just seriously considered having a saddle made for myself. There's just too much benefit to having a second fighter along for the ride."
True enough, especially since I gave the one flying invocation I managed to store to you. I really hope you actually used it. Incidentally, that spell lets you fly as quickly as you can move on the ground, with good manuverability, so the disadvantage of flight are gone.

Having two people flying for one spell makes it even better.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

I'm wondering if anyone can give Vynarkus "aid another" in Bluff on top of the Inspire Competence Laurel sang? I was told one or the other, Laurel could not do both...

Return to “D&D-Darkwood”