ELOHIMFEST June 21st 2014 the official thread

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

I know some of Lurch's pics went up in the album but to the Facebookers please remember not everyone has accounts on Faceflop so please post them on KW as well.

Thanks
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I also would like to thank Danlo and Lady Tam for graciously allowing the axe murderers into their home. There were many great surprises at this eFest, and only most of them were pleasant.
I have not been able to find the time to tell my usual pack of lies (with the truth sprinkled in to add flavor) about the events of eFest, and I realize I have barely acknowledged the event upon my return.
Regardless, I'd like to mention just a few memorable moments such as screaming at the crows that were saying my name while Frostheart stretched with German efficiency, driving my oldest friends and sis while my sis and I drove my oldest friends nuts, great conversations with everyone, but particularly with Ussusimiel (I'll never mention where you hid the bodies), and meeting the real Walter White after the Donaldson visit who provided us with some spectacular stuff. Oh, and let us not forget the very enjoyable time spent in Danlo's basement and the number of showers it took to wash everything off. Although the time in the attic was not as much fun, and the youth organization involved did not seem to be enjoying themselves either. Sorry to be vague about the details of the last few points, as there is a lawsuit pending.
Regardless, it is a preasure and a pliveledge to know you all, and I hope our paths cross again in the near future.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

dlbpharmd wrote:What everyone has said.

Since my translation back to the real world, I find myself wishing I was back at E'fest.
There's a lot of that going on. :cry:

Sarge, I'll pm you after I get home. Takes too long to explain for me to use the phone keyboard. ;)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Well. Elohimfest is over for me. I am on the train for home.

A sprinkling of leaves from a Woodhelven and cactus quills were among the many experiences during last week.

More when I get home tomorrow.
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Post by IrrationalSanity »

I wish I could have made it. :( I'm glad everyone had a great time! :)
- Woody -
Linden Lover and proud of it...
But I love my wife more!

"Desecration requires no knowledge. It comes freely to any willing hand." - Amok
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

lorin wrote:I know some of Lurch's pics went up in the album but to the Facebookers please remember not everyone has accounts on Faceflop so please post them on KW as well.
My own 'fest continues with a side trip to Loreto, KY to visit the Maker's Mark distillery. I became an MM Ambassador many years ago, and named a barrel "Beorn" at the time, timing it so his barrel matured the year he turned 21. Well, that year is now, and his barrel is part of the batch currently being bottled. So, I am here and toured the distillery today. I also purchased two bottles of the batch with commemorative labels printed with Beorn's and my name on one of them each.

I posted pictures of my tour to Facebook, but my album is public so even those without FB accounts should be able to see it. Since they are not directly 'fest related, I do not feel they belong here on the Watch.

Click on the distillery doors to open and enter.
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

lorin wrote:I know some of Lurch's pics went up in the album but to the Facebookers please remember not everyone has accounts on Faceflop so please post them on KW as well.

Thanks
:goodpost:

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Cag, you forgot the naughty Cavewight pin-ups you requested every five minutes. Did the customs allow you to keep the pile?

Anyhow, back home in the land of permafrost and Gibberish. Sorry about the rolling R's I scattered across danlo's floor/garden, they may still cause stumbling accidents if you don't catch 'em all, seal them into ice, and send the lot into the Moon.
Suffering from a mighty disorientation resulting from a lack of sleep (a whimpering baby occupied the adjacent seat during the overnight flight from Chicago to Helsinki...), +9 time zones, getting dropped back into a low altitude, äääää...will post thanks and extend the list of fantastic adventures when feeling less akin to a drunken Baf Scatterwit.
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Arrived back in cold rainy Lincoln at about 5 this afternoon. Wish I was back in the warmth of ABQ and expecially the EFest crowd. Such warm friendly people. I miss you all. Danlo and Lady Tam, a special thanks for your overwhelming hospitality, and Jenn, thank you for making me laugh so much. Oh, and Lorin, I got a decent cup of tea at last when I got home. :haha: :sob:
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Back home and unpacked. It was warm and sticky when I got off the plane in DC, so I knew for sure I was home. :(

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Glad everyone had a safe trip home.

Feel free to send any extraneous Rrrrrrrrs my way, I am now feeling a sudden urge to listen to Garmarna.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Home, but I'm out of supplies. Time to go out for a pizza.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

That's funny. Batty and I had pizza tonight, too, and for the same reason. :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

We were supposed to be back home today. But decided to extend the road trip. We are now a few miles in Oklahoma. So this trip I added Arizona and Oklahoma. We are going to an antique shop in the morning. We found it after the last e-fest, three years ago.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Iolanthe, you are welcome. Thank you back for allowing me and others to break through your proper British perfect manners and forgiving us for turning you into a giggling silly girl with our outrageous antics. Thanks to everyone for being so amazing. I love that you and I can't even look at one another without breaking into giggle fits at this point. Nathan, thanks for understanding that Cag and I are one brain. Santa, I mean Bossk, too funny. Damelon, still can't figure out how to get my recording of your laugh to be my ringtone but I am more than determined. I've played it many times for Danlo and it changes his whole demeanor. Lucimay and Peter, I've missed you. I love your baby Harry and I am so happy you guys have him. DLB, can't believe you killed Jiminy Cricket.. so wrong on so many levels. Frostheart, your dry wit is priceless and I totally need to borrow your nightgown.

Group of watchers: Wayfriend is almost here, you should mess with him and tell him you are Cail. (suggested to me)
Me: He will punch me in the face...
Wayfriend arrives: Hey, you must be cameraman jenn...
Me: Wayfriend, I have a confession to make...I am the real Cail...
Wayfriend: If my arm was not in a sling I would punch you right now...

Lurch, thanks for overseeing the gifting ceremonies. You are an awesome man. There are so many more people to thank but I am exhausted so part two of the thank fest begins tomorrow.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

I am most fortunate to still be in Efest mode. Visited Mesa Verde in Colorado (near the Four Corners) today with lorin on our spontaneous road trip. Staying in Durango tonight. We hope to meet up with Cag tomorrow in Denver and then swing back through Independence Pass, as we plan to view the Grand Canyon from the North Rim on Tuesday. That may leave us time to take in Zion and then return to ABQ through Monument valley just in time for Lady Tam and danlo's July 4th party.

To paraphrase Yeats, I am sucking the marrow from the bone. Or as Softy (aka Frosty) might say, 'Oy, oy!' :lol:

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Lucky you, U! I've posted the crisps (chips) picture and a couple from the dinner in the Album. My flash wasn't working. Is now, my daughter came over today and showed me how to do it.
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Mesa Verde is awesome, isn't it? So glad you guys got there. :)

(Don't listen to Cag -- Denver is awesome, too. :lol: )

EZ Board Survivor

Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

httpsss://www.barbarianclan.com
"everything that passes unattempted is impossible"-- Lord Mhoram, the Illearth War.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

ussusimiel wrote:Visited Mesa Verde in Colorado (near the Four Corners) today with lorin on our spontaneous road trip. Staying in Durango tonight. We hope to meet up with Cag tomorrow in Denver and then swing back through Independence Pass, as we plan to view the Grand Canyon from the North Rim on Tuesday. That may leave us time to take in Zion and then return to ABQ through Monument valley just in time for Lady Tam and danlo's July 4th party.
Aaand here was the answer all along. If anything, jetlag has turned me Softy between the ears, since I realized only later it must've been past midnight over there in the mysterious desert canyons beyond the seas when I texted. Sorry. Internal clock parts all scattered across the floor.

Anyway, have fun; I'm a wee bit jealous of the continuation. :lol: Missing everyone and the spontaneous roadtrip humor.

Sorus: RRRRrrr RRRR örrrr RRRRR årrrrRRrr RRRRR.
Looked up Garmarna, I like the music!
Last edited by Frostheart Grueburn on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”