How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I'm fine with here too. :D It's not like we have hard and fast rules. Or at least, not like anybody follows them. :lol: ;)

--A
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

CovenantJr wrote:
Cagliostro wrote:
matrixman wrote:Sorry to hear it hasn't worked out, Cov. Damn relationship game.

I would nominate Cag for overseeing an advice column, if it ever happens. :wink:
Hee hee. Well, as that "Wear Sunscreen" thingy that was big a few years ago said, and I paraphrase, "Advice is just a form of nostagia."
The best tip from that song: "you are not as fat as you imagine."
This is the one that I am just starting to relate to: "Be kind to your knees, you’ll miss them when they’re gone. "
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Auleliel wrote:
StevieG wrote:You think maybe that all the tension and drama relating to your recent victory in composing sonnets has finally caught up with you in the form of a sore throat etc? ;)
:lol: There was drama and I missed it?! Drat.
OK, maybe I embellished it a teeny bit :lol:

MM, thanks for the list - they're your absolute favourites?? What have I done!? :lol: Since it's spring, I might try and find Respighi... I'll let you know how I go.
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I had a good day. Went up and hung with Lucimay and smoked cigs and drank coffee and watched vids and yammered, then I went out to run errands and all went very well, had a nice experience dropping a resume at SF Toyota and on my adventures I saw Keith Richards. He was wearing black tights, combat boots, a catholic school girl uniform type plaid skirt and a tight black baby doll t-shirt. He had on makeup like Tammy Faye Baker with enough bright blue to last out the 80's. As I posted on FB, the most disturbing part was that Keith had the perky rack of a 22 year old swimsuit model. There is something wrong with Keith Richards walking around the tenderloin with a perkier rack than me.... 8O
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

I think I may be coming down with a cold after all. :(

But I am very joyful about Furls Fire's recent upturn in health.
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by hue of fuzzpaws »

I have just completed a three day induction and training day for my new job. As pleased as I am to be back in work, I am rather worn out. I start my shift pattern proper on Sunday ;)

Just nice to relax to Steeleye Spans greatest hits. :biggrin:
"Let's not fight. I don't like fighting" Frostheart Grueburn
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

I'm thrilled about Furls' progress too. :)

I am taking a course at work called Service Excellence Training. (Eventually everyone here will have to take it; I drew the short straw for this session.) It's all about communication styles, fine-tuning your "public face", providing excellent customer service to the people you work with and not just the clients, and stuff like that. So I've spent most of the day reading stuff online and watching video clips. 8) The best clip so far was the Monty Python "Dirty Fork" sketch. Altho there was a takeoff on the "Who's On First" routine, but set in a video store, that was pretty entertaining too...

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Really? Well, good for you, ali. I'm basically fed up with the public at my job. Those members of the public who happen to be registered Watchers excepted.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

:lol: The program has been pretty much useless so far -- mainly a review of stuff I already knew. There are four lessons in the course, and so far I've completed the first two. My supervisor said she found the first two kind of "yeah, I knew that" but she picked up some interesting stuff about communication styles in lesson 3. So today I read through lesson 3, and it's all pretty much what I learned in journalism school -- active listening, paying attention to nonverbal cues, etc. Maybe I'll learn something new in lesson 4.... :roll:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by hue of fuzzpaws »

Worn out :faint: . Just done my first proper shift on my new job today.
"Let's not fight. I don't like fighting" Frostheart Grueburn
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Hue of Bone :thumbsup:
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Well, I've been sick with the never-ending virus and I'm over it!

On a completely different note: I'm really sad today. I don't have that many friends. Never have had (well, not close ones anyway) but the few people I consider myself really close to I love with my whole heart and, well, they could do almost anything and regardless I'd choose to accept what ever they did with understanding...even if it deeply affected me (even if it hurt me...coz I know they'd never do anything to hurt me on purpose, that there wouldn't be intent there. None of us are perfect, especially me. And life is complicated).

But today I feel like puking my f*cking guts out and no matter how hard I try....

I don't want to get into the details but, well, I feel like one of my closest friends (whom I love with all my heart) has just gone and made a joke of everything "we" share. They've gone and done something which they *knew* would deeply hurt me (I know they know because we've talked about it--at least this time I was prepared). But today when I saw them I had to do everything in my power to just not friggin' sob at them "what the f*ck do you want from me?" I was looking at them, trying to pretend that everything was all right, while over and over in my mind I kept saying "Just let me go."

...but that's not fair for a lot of reasons. However, it's how I feel today. I'm hurting like hell. And I don't want to feel like this. Not anymore.

I'm done with the excuses. I'm done with "understanding". I do not believe treating me like this goes hand in hand with someone who tells me they love me (besides, I believe that actions speak louder than words and that's why I hate *those* three words so much because for some people they're just so easy to say...and in practice (through actions) they demonstrate something entirely different).

Anyway I know, that's all a bit cryptic. And I guess I'll probably feel differently about it tomorrow. At least I hope I will. But today...today it just hurts more than I want it to.
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

For Sea, and anyone else who needs them: |G |G |G

I need to learn how to stop procrastinating.
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Sea, it probably wasn't easy to open up (even to us) and share that, especially as much as the story obviously hurt. Here's more of what Owlie already offered: |G |G

Reading between the lines, it sounds like what your "friend" did, even in the context of a culture where it is supposedly good natured sport to deflate other people, was just flat-out mean and vicious. Here's hoping tomorrow is better for you and that life delivers a proper comeuppance to this false friend.

One more for good measure: |G
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Thanks guys. :) I appreciate your comfort. :) I kinda don't come here very often anymore. There was a time when I'd rant in this thread, but I've become more closed over the last year or two.

But, well, Savor D: because I didn't explain it, coming to assumptions it was "mean and vicious" is probably an apt assumption. But, I think...to just be fair...I should say that I don't think it was that. It's just "selfish"...or "self centered"... Actually, I don't know what to really call it. I think those definitions are close to it.

And I have this feeling I need to actually take some ownership for this whole situation.

...but it's all too complicated.

So, yeah... I don't drink much anymore but I'm drowning my sorrow tonight...only because I need my head to stop these incessant rants.

Never thought anything like this could hurt so much.

...yes...shut up Sea. God! I even bore myself! ;)
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

I'm kind of annoyed today... I applied for a position two months ago, and they had said they would let you know whether you were shortlisted or not after 6 to 8 weeks from the deadline... Today I called them to ask whether there were news, and the HR woman I spoke with sheepishly admitted they had already hired someone internally, and implied there had been no shortlisting or interviewing - i.e. they took that person without even bothering to see if anyone else was more qualified for the job. This kind of things really annoys me... at least, check through the other curricula and have a round of interviews, you never know what might come up!
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Seareach wrote:...yes...shut up Sea. God! I even bore myself! ;)
You could never bore me. Well, okay, you could. But it would take marriage to do it. You're just too interesting to me for anything else to do it.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Chrysalis
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Chrysalis »

Seareach wrote: .

Never thought anything like this could hurt so much.
Sorry to hear you are having a hard time with things Sea *big hugs*
People can be very sielf minded and cruel at times.

Its a wonderfully sunny day here in London (for a change) so I am just enjoying it with a nice cup of coffee.
Today is a good day. Surprising as its a Monday.
"-People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes."
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

What Savor Dam, dAN, and Chrys says for Sea.
You'll never be boring to us...
|G

Xar, lack of consideration in any form is frustrating, to say the least. And it seems many Human Resources departments are leaving it up to the applicant to follow up, instead of notifying them that the position has been filled. All we can do is to try to not perpetuate inconsideration towards others ourselves, and hope it becomes a movement.

Chrys, so glad to hear the day is good! :grinlove:
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Menolly wrote:Xar, lack of consideration in any form is frustrating, to say the least. And it seems many Human Resources departments are leaving it up to the applicant to follow up, instead of notifying them that the position has been filled. All we can do is to try to not perpetuate inconsideration towards others ourselves, and hope it becomes a movement.
You know, I could understand if they looked at my CV and decided I wasn't qualified enough for an interview. That I could accept... what I find very annoying is that as far as it was implied, they didn't even bother looking at other CVs, and did not make a shortlist or a round of interviews. From a personal point of view, it makes me annoyed because I spent time on preparing the cover letter, the CV, and so on - and I would like to know that that time wasn't entirely wasted (i.e. that at least they looked at what I produced).

Return to “General Discussion Forum”