How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

It's raining here (again). Not sure what happened to summer but so far it just hasn't arrived.

On the upside, SoS and I walked to school with umbrellas and raincoats and danced around puddles while singing "I'm singing in the rain" which was kinda fun. :D

...and although I'm supposed to clean the house today I think it's back to bed for me with a good book.
Phantasm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Phantasm »

Seareach wrote:It's raining here (again). Not sure what happened to summer but so far it just hasn't arrived.

On the upside, SoS and I walked to school with umbrellas and raincoats and danced around puddles while singing "I'm singing in the rain" which was kinda fun. :D

...and although I'm supposed to clean the house today I think it's back to bed for me with a good book.
I'm on leave this week, and I can't even do that

Oh to be a housewife (without the gender reassignment op obviously [maybe househusband would be a better word])
Quote - John Smeaton (Terrorists take note)

"This is Glasgow- we'll just set aboot ye"

Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

I'm a bit bemused today.

My son (SoS) started school this year. He's been struggling with his handwriting all year. It's nearly the end of the school year here in Oz and I thought I should talk to his teacher about things we could do during the summer break to help him improve. In the middle of our conversation his teacher reveals that SoS has "just recently" started writing with his right hand. Now this surprised me: he's *always* written with his right hand at home. She assures me that he's been writing with his left at school most of the year! I do recall a conversation with SoS quite some time ago where he said he found writing was boring and so he uses both hands etc. I said to him at the time "you shouldn't do that sweetie, you should practice with the hand you find it easier with". I can't help but think he's been fluffing around in class because he just hates handwriting and decided that he may as well demonstrate how badly he does it--probably thinking if he does it badly enough then he won't have to do it. SoS is kinda like that.

Anyway...who knows! I did go home and check with Mr Seareach, asked if he ever saw SoS using his left hand (I thought I might be going bonkers!). Mr Seareach says no.

Maybe if SoS now just concentrates on his right hand he might start improving!

Phantasm wrote:
Seareach wrote:It's raining here (again). Not sure what happened to summer but so far it just hasn't arrived.

Oh to be a housewife (without the gender reassignment op obviously [maybe househusband would be a better word])
:evil: I feel like thumping you! ;) You sayin' us housewives have it easy!?!?!?! ;) [Hope you know me well enough to know I'm not really offended.] To qualify: I was actually reading something that one could consider to be part of a "job" I do...so, yeah.

I'm a good wife! Honestly I am! I keep the house clean (sometimes). I cook dinner (most of the time). I...I...I...!!! I plead the fifth! ;)
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I'm tired as heck. I stayed late again at work to get some jobs done and my legs are so tired I could barely walk home. It was another good day at work although I had a few frustrated moments. Billy brought me homemade lasagna for lunch and it was quite tasty. I'm still kinda trying to figure Billy out a bit. He talks about ninety miles an hour and likes to bring up military stuff a lot and he actually freaked out one of my customers today. He was trying to be entertaining but his military story was kind of inappropriate and she gave me a really weird, kinda freaked out help me look so I distracted him and managed to change the subject. Billy is a really nice guy with a heart of gold but he does come up with some really odd subject matter at the oddest times. I also got hit on again by the nerdy guy who actually went so far as to try to impress me by talking about clothes shopping and pulling out his wallet and showing me his coat factory preferred member card. I had to leave the lunchroom before I said something cruel or less than politically correct. I don't want to hurt his feelings because he is a nice guy too, it's just that I can smell his virginal desperation from across the store, it's aimed at me and I don't want anything to do with it. Hopefully he will find someone else to aim it at soon. It is a good group of people though, really nice folks. I don't get as much yammering in with Sorus as I would like but it's because she has a specialized job that keeps her swamped all the time. I was actually pretty swamped today too. It's getting to end of term for all the art students at San Francisco Art Institute so I must have printed fourteen art finals today. The art students are quite picky as well. They can be a real pain in the tail end. I had a twenty minute debate where I kept pointing out that the streaking was actually on the original scanned photo file with one girl this evening, showing her repeatedly her own file direct from her flash drive. I thought she might burst into tears but there was not a way for me to fix the photo nicely. I tried. Anyway, I'm off tomorrow so sleeping in and then laundry.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Ok, so I am a total idiot. I was telling Damelon about my day and told him about how I was working with a customer today on some printing jobs and he works for the SF Giants. We were yammering and the customer told me if I ever needed some tickets to a game to give him a call and I responded with, "I'm not really into football." Damelon was kind enough to point out to me that the Giants are SF's BASEball team. I was like, "NO WONDER my customer was smiling at me so oddly!" Damelon got a good long laugh at my expense over that one. I guess I should feel flattered that despite the fact that I didn't know what sport the customer worked for, he's still going to bring me the rest of the jobs Thursday so he doesn't have to deal with Jacob or Ryan. :P I helped this guy last week and gave him a bunch of verbal sass so apparently he likes that. Yeesh. San Jose Sharks right? SF has some 49=ers sports team and it's football right?

Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Well, we know that knowledge of the local sports teams wasn't required for you recently getting your job, Jenn.

There was supposed to be 6-10 inches of snow last night. It's not done yet, but it looks like not much more than 3 or 4 inches fell. Still, today after it passes through this morning there's supposed to be 40 mph winds. Not a fun travel day. One of todays chores, since I don't want to buy a snow blower, is to find someone to plow the driveway for the season. My BIL used to do it, but he gave it up.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Seareach wrote:...I...I...!!! I plead the fifth! ;)
You don't have the 5th. :lol:

--A
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Seareach wrote:...I...I...!!! I plead the fifth! ;)
You don't have the 5th. :lol:
Oh come on Av, that's just a minor technicality!!! :lol:
Phantasm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Phantasm »

Seareach wrote:I'm a bit bemused today.

My son (SoS) started school this year. He's been struggling with his handwriting all year. It's nearly the end of the school year here in Oz and I thought I should talk to his teacher about things we could do during the summer break to help him improve. In the middle of our conversation his teacher reveals that SoS has "just recently" started writing with his right hand. Now this surprised me: he's *always* written with his right hand at home. She assures me that he's been writing with his left at school most of the year! I do recall a conversation with SoS quite some time ago where he said he found writing was boring and so he uses both hands etc. I said to him at the time "you shouldn't do that sweetie, you should practice with the hand you find it easier with". I can't help but think he's been fluffing around in class because he just hates handwriting and decided that he may as well demonstrate how badly he does it--probably thinking if he does it badly enough then he won't have to do it. SoS is kinda like that.

Anyway...who knows! I did go home and check with Mr Seareach, asked if he ever saw SoS using his left hand (I thought I might be going bonkers!). Mr Seareach says no.

Maybe if SoS now just concentrates on his right hand he might start improving!

Phantasm wrote:

:evil: I feel like thumping you! ;) You sayin' us housewives have it easy!?!?!?! ;) [Hope you know me well enough to know I'm not really offended.] To qualify: I was actually reading something that one could consider to be part of a "job" I do...so, yeah.

I'm a good wife! Honestly I am! I keep the house clean (sometimes). I cook dinner (most of the time). I...I...I...!!! I plead the fifth! ;)
He he, :twisted: , I have every admiration for housewives, or househusbands for that matter.
I couldn't do it. (unless I could go back to bed and read :biggrin: )
Quote - John Smeaton (Terrorists take note)

"This is Glasgow- we'll just set aboot ye"

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I was doing my work clothes laundry and hanging out at the cafe and one of the regulars came in and was telling Simon that she just scored on a sale of thermal underwear at Walgreens so I wandered up and bought four sets for under my work clothes and found a clearance bin with fingerless gloves. I bought four tacky pairs for myself and two subdued color pairs for Sorus.

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:I was doing my work clothes laundry and hanging out at the cafe and one of the regulars came in and was telling Simon that she just scored on a sale of thermal underwear at Walgreens so I wandered up and bought four sets for under my work clothes and found a clearance bin with fingerless gloves. I bought four tacky pairs for myself and two subdued color pairs for Sorus.
You're my hero. I spent an hour downtown today looking for cold weather stuff - got a new jacket but no gloves. I need to do more shopping, I guess - think this is gonna be worse than last year, and last year was brutal.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Chrysalis
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Chrysalis »

Sorus wrote:I spent an hour downtown today looking for cold weather stuff - got a new jacket but no gloves. I need to do more shopping, I guess - think this is gonna be worse than last year, and last year was brutal.
Thats my goal this weekend and next, cold weather stuff.
Put together the facts I dont like shopping for clothes nor cold it could be interesting. I wonder what the chances of hibernating for the next 3 months are?
"-People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes."
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Around 33°C here today. Shaping up for a thunderstorm tonight. :D

Oh, and I feel good...company closes tomorrow...no work until Jan 7th. :D

--A
Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

Avatar wrote:Around 33°C here today. Shaping up for a thunderstorm tonight. :D

Oh, and I feel good...company closes tomorrow...no work until Jan 7th. :D

--A
My word thats a long break , lucky you Avatar 8)
Here 12degrees and damp , mind you we had sun today 4 a change . I was in Ireland at weekend and it seems to be raining all the time. :roll:
A lie well told and told often enough,I'm damned if the truth will ever catch up with it!
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Is it paid leave, Av? If so, that's sweet...

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

I was wondering the same thing, ali.

:D

Today I woke up and found this on the front page of the local rag.
No photo, but awesome anyway...

Here is a closer scan of what was published...

This was the start of the article on the front page.

And the conclusion on page 5A.

:D
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Chrysalis wrote:
Thats my goal this weekend and next, cold weather stuff.
Put together the facts I dont like shopping for clothes nor cold it could be interesting. I wonder what the chances of hibernating for the next 3 months are?
Let me know if you find out... maybe we could start a petition for Hibernation Leave. I don't shop for clothes unless it's absolutely necessary.

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I'm so glad you liked the gloves, Sorus. That was the shining point of my day. Even though they only partially cover the hand it makes a huge difference. I'm upset. I came home tonight and checked my bank balance and I am overdrawn with four overdraft fees and five charges that I know NOTHING about. I need to go to the bank tomorrow and find out what the hell is going on. It looks like someone got their hands on my bank card number. They also appear to all be internet charges. They all went through around four am this morning when I was sound asleep. Ugh. This totally sucks ass. The only places I used it yesterday was at an atm to get some cash, then at walgreens and then I bought a video on demand from amazon. All five charges are for $48.50 each on top of which my bank hit me for four overdraft fees of $35.00 a pop. I hope I can get them reversed. I'm probably going to have to change my account number and everything and I just signed on for direct deposit of my paychecks on Monday. Extra Ugh. Why people have to rob from the poverty stricken is beyond me. Kick me when I'm down why don't ya! :evil:

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I just learned something new from Wells Fargo. Apparently there are many private company atms that are at convenience stores, the ones that charge you the ugly fee to use them. These apparently are susceptible to hacking and theft programming. If it can be avoided at all, use a a store with a cash back capability or use an actual bank atm.

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

That's horrible. |G

Hope you get it resolved quickly & painlessly, and the person responsible meets a slow and painful demise. I'm bloodthirsty today. Just point me at them.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”