Which title do you like better?

Book 3 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: dlbpharmd, High Lord Tolkien

Which title for the third book in The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant do you prefer?

Shall Pass Utterly
36%
Against All Things Ending
45%
The Death of Linden Avery
16%
Other
2%

Total votes: 55

rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

The Spoons Of The Earth / Chicken Revenant
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by jacob Raver, sinTempter »

Chicken Revenant!!!! lol...
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror
spoonchicken
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by spoonchicken »

The Green Chicken-lishi with a Two-Spooned Crown
"Who enters here, do not lose hope / Who leaves; do not rejoice / Who has not been, shall be here yet / Who has been here, shall never forget" Anonymous / discovered scratched into the wall of a cell in the KGB's Lefortovo Prison in Moscow/originally quoted in the book "Alexander Dolguns Story" (by A.Dolgun),describing the ordeals of an American citizen falsely imprisoned by the Soviet Union from 1948 to 1957.
spoonchicken
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by spoonchicken »

Yes, waiter.....I'll have the Chicken Revenant, topped with two spoons of aliantha sauce, ...a side order of runes with amanibhavam garnish, shallots in a goodly broth (assuredly!), and your best bottle of house diamondraught, please...I sincerely hope SRD doesn't come in here and read some of these threads....lol
"Who enters here, do not lose hope / Who leaves; do not rejoice / Who has not been, shall be here yet / Who has been here, shall never forget" Anonymous / discovered scratched into the wall of a cell in the KGB's Lefortovo Prison in Moscow/originally quoted in the book "Alexander Dolguns Story" (by A.Dolgun),describing the ordeals of an American citizen falsely imprisoned by the Soviet Union from 1948 to 1957.
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

spoonchicken wrote:I sincerely hope SRD doesn't come in here and read some of these threads....lol
I believe he doesn't.. becuase he stated(I think form the GI) it would add things to his books. But if he did, he could rewrite the Chronicles as a lampoon feature.
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

I would pay to read that! :)
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror
spoonchicken
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by spoonchicken »

jacob Raver, sinTempter wrote:
spoonchicken wrote:The Chicken That Preserves
Love it.

How bout, The Wounded Chicken, The One Spoon and White Chicken Wielder?
Works for me just fine !!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
spoonchicken
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by spoonchicken »

Ur Dead wrote:
spoonchicken wrote:I sincerely hope SRD doesn't come in here and read some of these threads....lol
I believe he doesn't.. becuase he stated(I think form the GI) it would add things to his books. But if he did, he could rewrite the Chronicles as a lampoon feature.
The "Mad Magazine" satire version, whether text-only, or a mini graphic novel....? Hmmmmm...........
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

SPU (great acronym! :lol: ) is still my fave. Still kinda sad that SRD had to change it -- AATE just seems clunky to me.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by shadowbinding shoe »

Looks like I'm the only one here looking for something new and exciting. :)

So the title I'm leaning towards at the moment is:

"The little red car that could"
A little knowledge is still better than no knowledge.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Shall Pass Utterly

sounds just so...ominous, and final.
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Right, that's why he had to change it- it's not the last book...I wish it were the title to the last one, would be perfect.. :yeehaa:
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

shadowbinding shoe wrote:Looks like I'm the only one here looking for something new and exciting. :)

So the title I'm leaning towards at the moment is:

"The little red car that could"
Or "Revenge of the Little Red Car" :twisted:
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

"Against That Thing On My Neck"
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
spoonchicken
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by spoonchicken »

I do wonder about Jeremiahs little red toy car. What's the significance? Is it the talisman of his power, just as white gold is the talisman of the wild magic? Or is he holding on to it for dear life for a much simpler reason? Personally, I doubt the second guess, simply because nothing is ever that straightfoward in an SRD novel. Perhaps it is what allowed/still does allow the croyel to claim Jeremiahs mind? ??????? Any thoughts?
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

It was so disdainfully crushed by the croyel, that I don't think he views it as such, though Linden might be able to use it to reclaim Jeremiah's mind.
- Herman Melville

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
spoonchicken
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by spoonchicken »

Orlion wrote:It was so disdainfully crushed by the croyel, that I don't think he views it as such, though Linden might be able to use it to reclaim Jeremiah's mind.
...............Maybe, but Jeremiah never played with any of his toy cars. But when Roger kidnapped him, either Jeremiah grabbed one off the shelf for the first time, or Roger grabbed it for him & shoved it into Jeremiahs hand. Perhaps a tangible link back to "reality"? Something LA can "latch onto to for leverage over Jeremiahs mind in a good way"? The fact that the car is crushed may or may not mean anything. But, in an SRD novel, it probably does (lol). However, I"m thinking it might not matter. What if one possessed a "chunk" of white gold, as poososed to a proerly formed peice of jewelry? Would the availablilty of wild magic be diminished? I think not, so perhaps the fact that the toy car is crushed up is irrelevant. Then again, with SRD's imagination , who the &&&& knows ???? lol
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

What would really be funny is if the toy car only had symbolic meaning(ha, ha, ha, thank you folks, I'll be here all week!)

But I believe that the toy car will be an integral piece to one of Jeremiah's constructs, possibly one to take him and Linden "home."
- Herman Melville

-John Crowley
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Oh, no...I hope not...

"Roads?"
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

Still like "Shall Pass Udderly"

Would be a moooo-ving read.

Only if you AATE to much..
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?

Return to “Against All Things Ending”