Bad Illustrating Contest

A haven for game threads.

Moderator: Damelon

Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

Awwww, I have to admit, Linden looks adorable as the Snork Maiden!
Zorm wrote:Pippi Långstrump with her monkey was an unfortunate bystander, and probably will never recover from the ice beast's freezing breath.
Oh, I don't know. Pippi's a survivor... she might just pick the darn thing up and throw it or something.
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

wayfriend wrote:Wow. That's some bad badness rolling in folks. I'm making little puking sounds in my throat.
Why, thank you kindly!
Linna Heartlistener wrote:Awwww, I have to admit, Linden looks adorable as the Snork Maiden!
Zorm wrote:Pippi Långstrump with her monkey was an unfortunate bystander, and probably will never recover from the ice beast's freezing breath.
Oh, I don't know. Pippi's a survivor... she might just pick the darn thing up and throw it or something.
:lol: I have to look up more of these characters' English names. Snork Maiden...well, suppose it doesn't sound worse than Niiskuneiti. She still has her wheaten hair! :biggrin: I'm surprised to find out they're so recognizable outside the range of the northermost Europe. Especially Pippi. About whom, incidentally, you might be right. Perhaps she'll just crack the ice and punch the bugger in its hoarfrosted face.

Hmm...Mörkö would be The Groke.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Anyone else feel like sharing some bad illustrating?
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Last call!
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Bonus art! (wacom board was not hooked up so you got mouse drawings, though there is not much difference. :D )

This is Linden facing the creature.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
Linna Heartbooger

Frostheart wrote:
wayfriend wrote:Wow. That's some bad badness rolling in folks. I'm making little puking sounds in my throat.
Why, thank you kindly!
Linna Heartlistener wrote:Awwww, I have to admit, Linden looks adorable as the Snork Maiden!
:lol: I have to look up more of these characters' English names. Snork Maiden...well, suppose it doesn't sound worse than Niiskuneiti. She still has her wheaten hair! :biggrin: I'm surprised to find out they're so recognizable outside the range of the northermost Europe. Especially Pippi. About whom, incidentally, you might be right. Perhaps she'll just crack the ice and punch the bugger in its hoarfrosted face.

Hmm...Mörkö would be The Groke.
Oh, Pippi's been much-beloved to children over here in North America...

Moomintrolls aren't nearly as well-known in the U.S. ...though they seem to have a huge following in Japan?
My husband's family is very widely-read... including in Children's Literature.
So they're able to let me know what's quality!

Ahh, the Groke...
And "Thingumy and Bob" are what we call the two little guys with the suitcase...
Wait... if I'm gonna continue this slightly-off-topic discussion, it'll probably be here:
kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21242
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Ok folks, time to vote for the worsester art. (Apologies to anyone living in Worcester for the applied association.)

[ ] Ananda #1
[ ] Frostheart
[ ] Ananda #2

Vote 'em up by Friday. Then I shall announce the chump ... er, winner.
Linna Heartbooger

Actually, I've created an entry.. it's on paper; I'm probably waiting for my hubby to help me scan it in a bit.

There was some stuff I didn't remember about this book, but ya know, that's how it goes... I didn't review it or anything.
-Flannery O'Connor

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Linna Heartlistener wrote:Actually, I've created an entry.. it's on paper; I'm probably waiting for my hubby to help me scan it in a bit.
Well, the King of the Monkeys was rather firm about the contest closing on June 31. On the other hand, there's a certain amount of wiggle room with regard to when exactly the 31st of June occurs. Should we wait?
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

His Simian Highness' Chamberlain was notably ambiguous about just which June 31st was meant.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Aye. Especially as all humdrum earthly Junes appear to sport only 30 days. So June 31st could occur anywhen.
Linna Heartbooger

wayfriend wrote:
Linna Heartlistener wrote:Actually, I've created an entry.. it's on paper; I'm probably waiting for my hubby to help me scan it in a bit.
Well, the King of the Monkeys was rather firm about the contest closing on June 31. On the other hand, there's a certain amount of wiggle room with regard to when exactly the 31st of June occurs. Should we wait?
Ahh, well I say - the Monkey has spoken.
It is July, and I can't see any way out of such a bind; he made himself very clear; or at least somewhat clear to someone maybe.
I bow to his will.

I'm posting my thingy "just for fun" anyways.
-Flannery O'Connor

Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Post it, Linna. Just do a piture of it with your phone and upload it if getting it scanned involves waiting for someone.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And as fast as they can
Linna Heartbooger

My phone? that would take longer!*

Nahh, the next bottleneck was that I keep forgetting my passwords for things like photobucket accounts.

But in order to quickly cave in to peer pressure, I'm putting it here:
kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/album_page.php?pic_id=2149

* I now own a cell phone but haven't quite taken it out of the package and charged it for the first time.
-Flannery O'Connor

Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

That was great, Linna! I love the croyel and does one of the figures have a robot arm?
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And as fast as they can
Linna Heartbooger

Naah, I just drew Cov too far away from Linden before I decided he should have a supportive hand resting on her shoulder. :lol:

And thank-you, I was pleased when I got the idea for the croyel.
If I played with the filters I have in the graphics program I have, maybe I would have made the croyel more "insubstantial-appearing."
-Flannery O'Connor

Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

I was thinking the tall one in the back had a robot arm. I just realised the arguleh has a mustache, too. That is so good!
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And as fast as they can
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Ananda wrote:That is so good!
No ... it's so bad!! :)

Lord High Simian, with a tear in his eye upon seeing such bad art, declares that Linna has entered the contest. No other punishment can do justice to such a lack of taste, dearth of skill, and deficiency of perspective.

Can we vote now?

[ ] Ananda #1
[ ] Frostheart
[ ] Ananda #2
[ ] Linna

US Holiday tomorrow. So I'll leave voting open until next Tue July 10.
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Having a vote is a bit hard when the only people who post in this thread are the contestants! It will be three votes- us all voting for each other.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And as fast as they can
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

So go pimp some votes!

Return to “In Pursuit of Mallory”