What have you been dreaming about lately?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

caer has got a cool av now... WHERE ARE THESE COMING FROM?!
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Obviously your dreams have made you delirious, Darth, but I will say that Edge is the creator of the new avatars you're seeing around the Watch.
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

I had a very strange dream over the weekend. In my dream, I was asleep--and dreaming. The dream-within-the-dream was full of blue--it may have been sharks or fish or the ocean, but it was definitely blue. Then, I woke from the dream-within-the-dream (only of course i was still asleep), and went to breakfast. I sat down, and said "You'll never believe what I dreamt of last night." A friend of mine turned to me and described the dream-within-the-dream word for word. At which point I woke up (for real) in utter astonishment. 8O

I've never dreamed of dreaming before. I feel like a snake who's swallowed its tail...
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.
The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Leper Fairy »

I dreamed (due to the snow we got a couple days ago) that I was driving on an icy road with all my friends and the car skidded off the road and went spinning through deep snow and we ended up rolling over... I woke up with my neck at a really akward angle.. ow.

Pie and Cake
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I had a dream last night in which Tom C had written and directed a play. (I must have dreamt it because I had been reading Dr Talos' play in Claw of the Conciliator before I went to bed.) The hall was packed but within an hour most people had left because it was, sorry to say Tom, terrible. lol
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Leper Fairy »

I had a KW dream! 8O

We all lived in my house like the people on MTV's The Real World. I had to fight Darth for the shower! :lol:

Pie and Cake
Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

The Leper Fairy wrote:I had a KW dream! 8O

We all lived in my house like the people on MTV's The Real World. I had to fight Darth for the shower! :lol:
Now that's a VISUAL I do NOT want to have!!! :lol:
He/She who dies with the most toys wins! Wait a minute ... I can't die!!!
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I had a dream last night where I was back in the small town (and I mean small. look up Hazen, NV) I lived in when I was eight. The weird thing is, I saw a bunch of places I'd completely forgotten about and people I'd also forgotten, both people and places aged by time just how they'd be in real life and completely recognizable. Pretty hyper-realistic for one of my dreams.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Iryssa
Bloodguard

Post by Iryssa »

Weird...I never have dreams that realistic...they usually have at least a touch of fantasy in them, and more often than not they're VERY unrealistic, like the one I posted last time...they tend to take on certain aspects of whatever book I'm reading at the time, too...

Not long before I broke up with my ex-fiancé, Matt, I told Tallin (my current bf) about all the ways the guy was treating me badly...even online I could tell Tallin was absolutely seething mad over it. Anyway, a couple nights after that, I had a dream...I was outside Matt's apartment, coming back from the mall across the streets, when I noticed movement under some nearby trees. Curious (not afraid, as I would be in reality), I moved towards the trees, and found Tallin skulking around...he raised a finger to my lips to keep me silent. His hair was red (he had it dyed red when I frst met him), and he was wearing caidin'sor like the Aiel in the Wheel of Time, and was veiled, so obviously ready to kill (I was reading The Dragon Reborn at the time), and I knew (the way one just knows in dreams) that he was going to kill Matt...and I felt no desire to stop him. I backed away to leave, and noticed more black-clad figures following him, and knew that they were all my friends. At some point I must have decided to go watch, because in the next "scene" in my dream, I was standing in the apartment hallway, watching them all slip into his apartment.

It was really eerie, though, how real that one felt...I can still almost feel his finger on my lips...that doesn't happen for me too often...usually I know I'm dreaming, and can manipulate my dreams to a certain extent because of it (that's called "lucid dreaming").
"A choice made freely is stronger than one compelled"
- Stephen R. Donaldson's The Wounded Land

https://www.xanga.com/Iryssa
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Wow cool dream, Iryssa!
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

Now, I do not intend for this to start an argument, but I had a nightmare the night of the election. Background: I'm a Dem, and I'd been rereading the Dragonlance Chronicles.

In my dream, I was being chased by a dragon, who had every intention of getting me. I found a place to hide, and could hear it slithering around outside, and I knew it was only moments before it would breath fire into my hiding place, so I woke myself up before it could get me. I had the whole night-terrors thing at that point--cold sweat, couldn't catch my breath, and felt like I couldn't move--it was awful. When I managed to get up to go for a drink of water, I turned on the TV on my way to the kitchen, and Tom Brokaw was just announcing that Ohio had swung Republican.

Coincidence? Undoubtedly. But it kinda freaked me out at the time.
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

I had a beautiful dream about Isaiah. He was sitting high in a tree watching a family of birds. I called up to him, "don't fall!" And he looked down at me and said.

"I won't fall, I can fly."

Then I woke up. :hearts:
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
Taiga Tzu
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Taiga Tzu »

Yes, Isaiah soars with wings, as eagles. But even if he did not, my trees love him, and wood never let him fall.
One wide forest of sentience and passion filled all the region - one mind and heart alive in every leaf and bough of every tree among the many myriad throngs and glory of the woods.Image
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Taiga Tzu wrote:my trees love him, and wood never let him fall.
:hairs: Pun fu! *runs for the hills*
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Pun fu?

PUN FU?!!!!
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I can't tell you how many dreams about tornados I've had in my life. At least a couple dozen. (Surpassed only by snake dreams. Certainly 50+ of those.) I've always wanted to see a tornado, and am always disappointed when I wake up and realize I still haven't. So I figured out how to tell if I'm dreaming or not. You see, I can't read in dreams. I guess I just don't have a detailed enough imagination to manufacture text in a book or magazine. I've had many dreams where I tried to read something, and couldn't make out any words. So now when I see a tornado, I look for something to read. If I can't read it, I know I'm dreaming.

The kicker is, I've learned to fool myself into thinking that I am reading. When I wake up, I know that I didn't read anything, and get annoyed with myself for having been duped like that. But in the dream, I'm very happy to learn that I am, indeed, awake, and am finally seeing a tornado.

Well, the other night I had another one. There, coming up the hill, was a tornado. But by now, I've had it. I didn't look for something to read, because I now know I'll just fool myself. I knew I was dreaming, and woke up.

Except I only woke up to another dream. When I truly woke up (assuming I finally have), I realized I was only dreaming I was awake.

I tell you, sometimes you just can't win!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

A lot of people can't read in dreams, Fist, and for those who can (myself among them), it's still tricky. The words will shift around or be something entirely different the next time you look at it. This one time, I knew I was dreaming, but I also knew that for whatever reason, I wouldn't be able to wake up until I could spell "dark park" on a scrabble board. So I get all the letters together, go to put them on the board, and they're all L's. Weird thing is, I don't remember ever waking up from that dream. :mrgreen:

Another way to test if you're dreaming is to try to notice the lighting. It's usually just a given that there's light, and there's never really a source for it. Try turning light switches on and off.

These are both lucid dreaming "reality checks," things you should check while you're awake, to verify that you're awake and make it enough of a habit that you do it in dreams also. Reason being that you can't lucid dream if you don't realize you're asleep.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

Taiga Tzu wrote:Yes, Isaiah soars with wings, as eagles. But even if he did not, my trees love him, and wood never let him fall.
:hearts:
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I've never even thought about reading while dreaming! 8O :? hmmm...Isaiah! BUDDY!Shantith, Shantith! :wave:
fall far and well Pilots!
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Recently I had a dream where some guy hit me in the side, and my whole body went numb, causing me to instantly fall over. It felt pretty real/painful. Or at least in my mind.

Another dream was very eccentric. I dreamt I was in a waiting room--like a doctor's office--and at the secretary's desk sat Pennywise the Dancing Clown/It, as played by Tim Curry. I was a little kid in one of the chairs in the waiting room, and a couple other kids were in there. Apparently I was in some kind of hell dimension, and this was the welcome room. There was a big brochure about all the "fun" things you could do with It, such as run down dark streets as he chases you.
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008

Return to “General Discussion Forum”