2013 NFL Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

sgt.null wrote:countdown to the Jags becoming desperate enough to sign Tim Tebow?
You're a deviously evil man, Sarge. Not even the prospect of Tebow in a Jag uniform is enough to divert me from my Hawks...but I admit that after this week, I would certainly follow Jacksonville more closely.

Besides, Tim with the Big Cat on his helmet this weekend would certainly cause immense domestic stress here. Menolly would switch allegiance in a heartbeat, and we can't have her rooting against Seattle!
:twisted:
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

Savor Dam wrote:
sgt.null wrote:countdown to the Jags becoming desperate enough to sign Tim Tebow?
You're a deviously evil man, Sarge. Not even the prospect of Tebow in a Jag uniform is enough to divert me from my Hawks...but I admit that after this week, I would certainly follow Jacksonville more closely.

Besides, Tim with the Big Cat on his helmet this weekend would certainly cause immense domestic stress here. Menolly would switch allegiance in a heartbeat, and we can't have her rooting against Seattle!
:twisted:
While a huge admirer of Tebow, I'm usually not desirous of him on the Jags. However, the way this year is going, I'm about to convert to the "Why Not". How could it be any worse?
“One accurate measurement is worth a
thousand expert opinions.”
- Adm. Grace Hopper

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Its gonna be a long tough year if the Falcons cant get things turned around. I knew the Miami game would be tough due to all the injuries. But we had this game in hand and gave it to them gift wrapped. I have no idea what Harry Douglas was thinking not calling fair catch but he paid in spades by getting slammed and losing the ball on the 10 yard line. Miami scored and that got them back in the game. Momentum changer.

But stupid mistakes aside, Redzone scoring. 3/4 of the time in the redzone the Falcons end up settling for 3. They are leaving as many as 20 pt's per game sitting there. Every game.

Only other game I followed was the Bengals who came away with a big win! They will be in the mix this year.
Last edited by SoulBiter on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

The Titans beat San Diego on a last second TD pass to former Vol wide receiver Justin Hunter.
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Wow, NFC East sux, and NFC in general. Even the Browns can beat an NFC team (tho not the Jags of course).
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I missed the games this week, I've only glanced at highlights.

Ravens win big over Houston. Houston being one of the two other AFC teams with a shot (Denver's the other one). It's a big win, especially with all the injuries. I feel good about our chance of repeating.

Pittsburgh sucks. This is as it should be.

RGIII needs to be benched.

The Chiefs look like an actual football team this year.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

heard some guys dressed up as Jaguars and went to Seatle, not real sure you want to call it football.

sometimes it suxs to be a fan :(
- Adm. Grace Hopper

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

heard some guys dressed up as Jaguars and went to Seatle, not real sure you want to call it football.

sometimes it suxs to be a fan :(
- Adm. Grace Hopper

Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

I would not be too hard on them (or yourself), RR. Slow start? Lopsided? Sure. Still, two positives:

* The Jags did better in the Hawks house than they did on their last visit in 2009, when the Hawks were not as good as they are now.

* Judging by points, the Jags did far better than the 49rs did at the CLink a week before.

Sarge, your Texans will be hosting the Hawks next weekend. Any thoughts?
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Texans do not look good. 2 close wins, and a blowout to a team w/a lot of new parts, including no Ray Rice. I don't think Schaub will win a super bowl.

I'm happy Reid is 3-0. And Eagles fans gave him standing ovation - good work. Philly Inquirer headline on Friday - "Reid it and Weep". Awesome.
--Andy

dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Savor Dam wrote:* Judging by points, the Jags did far better than the 49rs did at the CLink a week before.
No they didn't. They were down 31-0 midway through the 3rd quarter, which is about the time Seattle took Russell Wilson and who knows who else out of the game.
I don't think anybody believes the Jags could beat the 49ers right now. Though they probably could beat the Bucs......
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Savor Dam wrote:
Seattle in a walk. Houston is saddled with Schaub's contract, he is not a franchise quarterback. Arian Foster doesn't seem hungry enough anymore to be as effective as he can be. JJ Watt had one of the best years ever last year by a defensive player. so now he gets doubled team and no one is picking up the slack. Kubiak has taken this team as far as he can,
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

sgt.null wrote:
Savor Dam wrote:
Seattle in a walk. Houston is saddled with Schaub's contract, he is not a franchise quarterback. Arian Foster doesn't seem hungry enough anymore to be as effective as he can be. JJ Watt had one of the best years ever last year by a defensive player. so now he gets doubled team and no one is picking up the slack. Kubiak has taken this team as far as he can,
Oh hell no, you can get Jack Del Rio or Mike Malarky and it can go down even farther :twisted:
- Adm. Grace Hopper

sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

the Texans are soft. the reason they signed Ed Reed was to toughen up. of course he hasn't shown up on the field yet.

if the Texans fail to advance in the play-offs they need to look at available head coaches. Gruden or Cowher could walk into a very attractive situation.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

The Bucs benched Josh Freeman, and are starting rookie Mike Glennon. Oh well, we're 0-3, and maybe Glennon will be great.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

another ugly week for the Jags, sigh
- Adm. Grace Hopper

Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Pats look good. Let's face it, you can assume they'll get better as Brady and new WRs jell, and also if Gronk can come back healthy and dominant again. Good enough for Broncos? At least it's shaping up to be a potential huge AFC Championship game. Ravens, Bengals, Texans - none of them look like they are in the same class.

Seattle proved they are for real. Home field advantage in playoffs, I don't see anyone beating them. If NO wins tonite, those 2 are also pulling away from everyone else. If Miami wins, they are right behind Pats and Broncos.

How about Steelers and Giants? And NFC East? Andy Reid still beating up that division.

And looks like the Browns just needed Mr. Broken to give up b4 they got going.
--Andy

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

The Titans had no problem with the Jets (rookie QB Geno Smith helped alot with that.)

Just how good are the Broncos? The completely destroyed the Eagles yesterday.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

It was a depressing ride home from the GA dome last night. The Falcons had it in reach and again let it slip away. 3 lost games all lost on the opposing teams goal line in the final seconds of the game. There is still time to make the playoffs if they can figure out how to put the ball across the goal line and not settle for 3. Matt Ryan was having an off night. They all do, but did it have to be this Sunday? He threw too high, and then then too low and his timing was just a bit.. off. The guy is usually 'money'.

One thing I did notice. The Falcons need a better O-line and a better D pass rush. The ball snaps, count to two and if Matt isnt throwing it, he is on the ground. When the ball was snapped to Brady, he had all day. He did his check downs, 1,2,3,back to 1, back to 3, yawns...throws the ball to someone that is finally open.

The Bronco's devestated the Eagles and everyone else they are playing. They are going to be tougher this year than last. They are beatable... but they looked very good.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Saints easily handle the Dolphins.

have failed to build from the o-line and d-line out, instead focusing on skill players. Patriots proving that you can find skill players anywhere.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “Sports”