My Command would be...

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I am not sure but i dont think Fist was serious when he suggested that Foul got outside of the AoT to summoned TC ..

I agree wholeheartedly with Furls on this notion of the AoT .. that it is not a bridge between our 2 worlds as such ..

and .. lol .. as some may know i have my own pet theory about the Arch and its purpose.

to me its no big mystery .. it simply preserves the Land's earth's existence. It enables the earth's physical integrity.

I think that all Creators use AoT's ;) 8O LOL .. yes difficult to prove i know .. but it makes sense to me ;)

and that our earth has its own similar Arch that preserves its space/time existence.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling ๐Ÿ˜Š :D ๐Ÿ˜Š

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

Seafoam Understone wrote:I would've commanded that Foul be turned into a widdle bunny wabbit and be placed in a the middle of a hungry pack of Kresh! Lets see him get his butt outta THAT one!

:lol:
:LOLS: :haha: :haha:
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

Skyweir wrote:I am not sure but i dont think Fist was serious when he suggested that Foul got outside of the AoT to summoned TC ..

I agree wholeheartedly with Furls on this notion of the AoT .. that it is not a bridge between our 2 worlds as such ..

and .. lol .. as some may know i have my own pet theory about the Arch and its purpose.

to me its no big mystery .. it simply preserves the Land's earth's existence. It enables the earth's physical integrity.

I think that all Creators use AoT's ;) 8O LOL .. yes difficult to prove i know .. but it makes sense to me ;)

and that our earth has its own similar Arch that preserves its space/time existence.
Right Sky!! something has to hold it all together!! :) :)
And I believe in you
I will remember you

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

you and me babes .. we got it figured ;)
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

That we do, girlfriend :)
And I believe in you
I will remember you

Image Image
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

yeah, makes sense, like a canvas for a painting.
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Skyweir wrote:I am not sure but i dont think Fist was serious when he suggested that Foul got outside of the AoT to summoned TC ..
I was just trying to say that Foul got around the problem to summon Covenant, and so could probably get around it to summon thermonuclear weapons. To whatever degree he got outside the Arch once, he could again. And if he didn't get out at all, but managed to summon Covenant, then he could summon weapons without getting out at all.

But I don't see that we can say Foul did not get out at all. Some aspect of him did. He was talking, wasn't he? That would be a difficult thing to do without some aspect actually being there, neh? Maybe he can project his mind out, but was, like the Dead before the Law of Life was broken, unable to do anything other than chat.
Skyweir wrote:and .. lol .. as some may know i have my own pet theory about the Arch and its purpose.

That's as good a way to word it as any.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Fist and Faith wrote: To whatever degree he got outside the Arch once, he could again. And if he didn't get out at all, but managed to summon Covenant, then he could summon weapons without getting out at all.
yeah i guess he could if he enabled the presence of TC .. and i am not sure Foul can take the credit for Tc's translation .. afterall he was using Drool to access the lore and the lore tokens that enabled TC's summoning. but yeah if he used the same lore i guess he could summon thermo nuclear weapons .. or even a pizza with the lot!!

delivery pizza with a difference ;) :lol:
F&F wrote:But I don't see that we can say Foul did not get out at all. Some aspect of him did. He was talking, wasn't he? That would be a difficult thing to do without some aspect actually being there, neh? Maybe he can project his mind out, but was, like the Dead before the Law of Life was broken, unable to do anything other than chat.

and Joan was on his buddy list ;) lol .. To me it is like a holo-projection .. or web-cam projection .. i am not in the US or Japan .. i am sat here in Flynn, ACT Australia .. but my image can be sent anywhere i choose to send it. In Foul's case .. I think merely because he projected his image into the fire or was able to get into the townsfolk's minds is similar in concept .. but more ivasive than a mere physical image .. as you say he was able to communicate with folk form our world .. that is interesting .. and no doubt lore of somekind enabled him to invoke that level of intervention ..

Foul may have had more involvement but if he could "get-around" the AoT .. even a little .. he really had no need of Tc's white gold to enable his escape. I really dont believe Foul could negotiate the AoT .. his prison.

if he could .. even a bit .. then why not a lot?

I think the AoT prevents him from leaving the Land .. and thats why he wants to breach it!!
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

and the creator has said that if the AoT is breached .. his world is lost!
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Variol Farseer
Bloodguard

Post by Variol Farseer »

I've thought about this question. There isn't really a good answer, perhaps, but I can think of one or two things that might be worth trying.

I believe I would try and command Foul's Creche to crumble into rubble and sink into the sea, burying the Illearth Stone beneath it. That wouldn't defeat Foul, but by depriving him of his base and making the Stone inaccessible, it would give the defenders of the Land a fighting chance.
Forestal
Bloodguard

Post by Forestal »

oh i'm sure that foul would find a way to get it back... i mean he's not exactly gunna go "shit... its burried... again... oh well better find something else"

no thats just not foul's style... he'd probably have made some kind of mutant fish to go dig it out for him...

and skyweir, yeah thats how i've always thought of the AoT... but perhaps foul did actually need 2 get outside in anyway... i mean the creator chucked TC into the land without needing 2 go thru the AoT... perhaps foul just threw out some minions...

like throwing a stone thru a window, the stone goes thru the window but the thrower does not.

hows that for an explaination?
"Damn!!! Wildwood was unbelievably cool!!!!!" - Fist&Faith
"Yeah Forestal is the one to be bowed to!! All hail Forestal of the pantaloon intelligencia!" - Skyweir

I'm not on the Watch often, but I always return eventually.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

mmm .. intriguing analogy forestal ;)

good job ;)
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

For a second, I was going to say that I didn't think anyone from within the Arch could summon anything other than the White Gold. Then I thought about Troy. Back to square one.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.โ€
-George Steiner
Forestal
Bloodguard

Post by Forestal »

*bows deeply* always trying to help ;)

even if i am totally goofy :)
"Yeah Forestal is the one to be bowed to!! All hail Forestal of the pantaloon intelligencia!" - Skyweir

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Syl wrote:For a second, I was going to say that I didn't think anyone from within the Arch could summon anything other than the White Gold. Then I thought about Troy. Back to square one.
and Linden Avery .. she didnt have the white gold and was summoned to the Land.

and Troy is a peculiar case .. and because of the peculiar circumstance of his summoning .. he is a good arguement/candidate for being an exception to an alleged given rule of summoning ;

it is interesting tho isnt it? how the AoT operates to ensure the earths existence .. and yet allows travel to and from it .. to it .. being TC Troy and LA .. <back and forth> and from it .. <as in Atiaran - but again maybe her case is unique because of the screw up factor>

and still we assert that Foul cannot leave the earth so long as the AoT is in tact .. even though he may also invoke the same lore that enabled the summonings of other worlders to the Land.

The creator stated that he placed the AoT to seal LF within it .. and I am pretty convinced that all earths/creations possess an AoT type thing .. to preserve its existence. but just how it operates is a mystery to me :(
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Forestal
Bloodguard

Post by Forestal »

perhaps as we're going back before the old lords we'll be able 2 read something more on this in the 3rd crons :)

*pokes skyweir with his duckie* - duckie says hi :P

Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

Troy's summoning was in error, though, right? Perhaps the ferocity of the fire he was fleeing had melted a few things in his living room and perhaps some gold jewelry, heated to a white-hot grade ... and the incantation said "ooh white gold cool that could be the bloke I'm after" :S
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

:LOLS:
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Forestal
Bloodguard

Post by Forestal »

lol, unlikely, funny, but unlikely..

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I haven't read anything in this thread recently, but Forestal in regards 2 ur: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:48 am post: watch ur language!!! :x
fall far and well Pilots!

Return to โ€œThe First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenantโ€