How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Cagliostro wrote:Try it upside down.
how about backwards first?

tfel
thgir

now upside down...

ɹıƃɥʇ
lǝɟʇ

and now both...

ʇɟǝl
ʇɥƃıɹ

nope, looks like only straight laced right and left works...
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

:lol: I dunno what's funnier, that Cag got Menolly to jump through those hoops, or that Menolly actually did it....

lorin, yeah, apartments ain't cheap here. Unless it's "affordable housing", rents in a decent part of the District appear to be starting around $1500/month for a 1-bedroom, with 2-bedrooms going for $2000-ish.

I'll be in an inside-the-Beltway suburb (Shirlington, which is part of Arlington Co.), and 1-bedrooms in my new place start at about $1200/month. Of course, the new-and-trendy place next door has 1-bedrooms starting at -- yep, just looked it up -- $1500/month.

Out here in the hinterlands, I'm paying $1200/month for a 2-bedroom apartment in a nice, newer complex. But it takes me two hours to get to work in the morning.

Still, I think NYC has us beat....

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

aliantha wrote::lol: I dunno what's funnier, that Cag got Menolly to jump through those hoops, or that Menolly actually did it....
I love jumping through virtual hoops.
Gotta get my exercise somehow.
And I enjoy searching out new sites to do things like that. :)
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I feel all ᴿᴵᴳᴴᵀ. Despite having ḶḘḞṰ my čŏʼnšëŕ˅äŧĭ˅è at my ȽɨɃɆʁǺʅ.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Menolly wrote:now upside down...

ɹıƃɥʇ
lǝɟʇ

and now both...

ʇɟǝl
ʇɥƃıɹ

nope, looks like only straight laced fnord and fnord works...
Interesting that each letter is flipped upside down, rather than the entire word. (At least I thought it was interesting. :lol:)
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Ok, watchers in the area, the details for the festivities for tomorrow night with Jwaneeta and I are available through private message. Also we are going to Yosemite for a day trip on Sunday and if you want in please speak up. So far it's just Jwaneeta and I so miata is the car of choice but if any of you want in then let me know and we can opt for 1970 dart (three or more) or minivan (over five) depending on how many attendees choose to join.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

right
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Feeling good. Extra long weekend, birthday tomorrow, and my mohawk is purple again. :D

Left and right are working again. The other ones...not so much. :D

Happy April 1st Watchers. ;)

--A
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Thanks Av! It was a good one.

And it's a bit late now, and I wish I had popped back here yesterday, but Menolly....try it inside out.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

It never ends. I was going to sleep in and then leisurely stroll on down through the streets of SF and attend Wondercon. Instead I am up early, about to get in the shower and spend my morning at DMV because my friend let the rape van registration lapse. Ugh. DMV. Just ugh.

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Hope it went smoothly for you, Jenn....

I thought today would be a calm, laid-back day. Instead it turned into Errand Central. And I still have to do my homework. Ugh.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

img260.imageshack.us/img260/4428/img9198m.jpg
My day was superb. I got to put my hands on the delta lats of Adam Baldwin aka Jayne Cobb. He wasn't even on the list of guests. He smells really nice too. I hugged JAYNE. Ok sorry to gush but HELLO! HAWT. He's so nice and hot and such a nice guy. I also ran into some people from WFC which was cool but the two other crowing moments were meeting Lindsay Wagner and Herbert Jefferson Jr. Lindsay Wagner is so gracious and beautiful and genuinely nice it was inspiring. Cyn was talking to her friend Helen and there she was, Linday Wagner so I told her about how Bloodguard Bob and I were just talking about how he should frame his fab poster of her before it gets any more tattered and she told me to bring it in and she would be happy to sign it for him. She was blushing a bit at the fact that he had her on his wall. Very flattered. And guys, she is so hot in person. She had barely any makeup and looks younger than me even though she's got twenty years on me, and she has this sparkle to her eyes and she makes total eye contact so the whole time I was talking to her she was IN the conversation, seriously magnetic. Wow. I think I might have a little crush on her from talking to her. Then Jwaneeta and Herbert hit it off and we ended up going to my work and getting him new pens because his pens were all jacked and running out of ink and we talked to him about non battlestar stuff for over half and hour and Richard Hatch was at the next table and i was facing him and he kept looking over and suffering through the painful fan that was monopolizing him and casting jealous looks at Herbert with the girls(mainly Cyn but me too) laughing and flirting. As we left he insisted we come and chat some more tomorrow. So charming. img69.imageshack.us/img69/1998/herbertandcyn.jpg

lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

OMFG. ADAM BALDWIN. OMFG. :crazy: :faint:

um...does that sign behind you say william katt, jenn?
as in Image still seriously awesome ultimate prom date william katt?
:faint::faint::faint::faint::faint::faint:
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Yes it does. I didn't meet him... yet. I actually had a nice conversation with the "Chief" from the new BSG. I didn't know his real name and Cyn was talking to Helen Slater and I was just meandering while she was talking, they have met a few times before and then blam, I made eye contact with the Chief who had nobody in line and looking pretty sad and lonely and I was like, "Oh hey! loved the show, that must have been fun" then we talked and he asked about my shirt so I ended up telling him about FBH. There is also a huge host of celebs that I didn't meet, Lou Ferrigno, (sp?), Richard Hatch, Lee Merriweather, Peter Mayhew and much more. I never really spoke to Richard Hatch because we were having so much fun with Herbert but Herbert told us to come back and yammer some more today but during the yammering time Richard Hatch came up behind me and grabbed both my shoulders and leaned in close over my right shoulder and asked Herbert to watch his booth for a bit and we had some smiling eye contact. I think he was jealous because he had a bunch of guy fans and Jwaneeta and I were spending so much time with his pal Herbert, laughing and flirting and having so much fun. Then we left and then came back and brought Herbert new pens and flirted some more. The whole reason we went over to the area in the first place was because while Jwaneeta was sketching a piece for a charity auction, I wandered and was walking by when Richard Hatch had come back from break and I heard him say to Herbert, "Still nobody." and Herbert said, "You had a few people waiting while you were on break but they gave up." and RH said, "That always happens, they only show up when I am on break." and so I told Jwaneeta and she said we needed to go stoke RH's ego and then when we walked up she she got distracted and was like, "Boomer? COOL" and we spent all our time with him. He's seriously interesting and I think he had more than a passing interest in our friend Jwaneeta. Probably enough said at this point but I have to say this again. OMG. I had my arm around Adam Baldwin and my hand resting on his back and his arm was around me and OMG he smells great and he's just as hot in person as he is on screen and he's tall. Wicked tall and solid muscle I think that was the first time I had fan freak. I wigged out when I walked around the corner and saw him but that was ok, he didn't see it and it was minor but when we took the second pic I was a bit shaky and star struck. Probably babbled like an idiot but he's so hawt. Jwaneeta is lucky that I didn't lose it all together and have to be pried off him with a crowbar. Oy vey.

Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Damn Jenn, that sounded like fun. Although I'll always think of Adam Baldwin as My Bodyguard (though not mine personally).
And the original Boomer? How cool is that?

And I would have totally been there to meet The Greatest American Hero and my favorite Pippin (from the musical, not LOTR).
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Fabulous, CMJ! I'm starstruck just reading your post. Thanks for the in-depth report (and the pic)! Nice to hear Lindsay Wagner was so charming in person. 8) 8)

Wish I wuz there to shake her hand, and Adam Baldwin's and William Katt's. (Yeah, right - I would've been a nervous twit.)
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Lindsey Wagner is not just charming in person, she's magnetic. It's an odd thing, she's beautiful and charismatic but the Lindsey Wagner that is on screen doesn't eve begin to hold a candle to the real person. She's so charismatic in person that you want to lay down your clothing to make sure she doesn't ruin her shoes crossing the street. She exudes inner beauty as well as outer. I always thought she was cool but in person, I felt awed.

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Man, that is *so* not fair. Wish I could've been there to go with you guys to the con, Jenn....

Two more Czech classes to go this semester. I must've hit the right blend of sleep deprivation, sugar boost and caffeine today, because the three most fluent speakers in my second class took off on a conversation during class and I understood enough to follow it. 8O I couldn't contribute much of anything, mind you, but I could sorta kinda understand them....

EZ Board Survivor

Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

aliantha wrote:Man, that is *so* not fair. Wish I could've been there to go with you guys to the fnord, Jenn....

Two more Czech classes to go this semester. I must've hit the right blend of sleep deprivation, sugar boost and caffeine today, because the three most fluent speakers in my second class took off on a conversation during class and I understood enough to follow it. 8O I couldn't contribute much of anything, mind you, but I could sorta kinda understand them....
That seems to be the case with me and learning language. Understand, sure... but try and communicate with them and all of a sudden, those foreign words flee my brain.
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Today was awesome. Jwaneeta got Bloodguard Bob in to the con so he could get his poster signed in person by Lindsey Wagner. She looks at the poster and is like, "Oh my, where did you get this?" and Chris tells her he bought it over twenty years ago and it's been hanging on his wall everywhere he's lived ever since. She then laughs and proceeds to tell him that it's a contraband poster, illegally produced by a photographer that she did a shoot for. After she got famous he released the image and there was actually a lawsuit and a recall on the poster. She signed it anyway and told him that he had no idea how much that poster was really worth now with her autograph. I was standing next to the "Chief" and I leaned over and said, "Did you hear that? My friends poster is contraband." so he gets up from his seat and looks over my shoulder and yelps. He turns towards me and says, "Why did you make me look at that? Do you know how hard it is to sit in between Helen Slater and Lindsey for three days straight and not lose my mind? I'm not going to be able to think of anything else all day." I got a nice side hug from him. He's very personable. Then we meandered around with Bloodguard Bob so he could take in the sights and I got an ass kickingly cool Firefly shirt. As we made our rounds through celebrity row we stopped to chat up Herbert Jefferson again. I flirted a bit with Richard Hatch. Then later Canaan showed up and so we wandered around a bit and I had another nice conversation with Peter Beagle. As I walked away I heard his agent say, "Who is that woman?" and Peter just said, "A friend of mine." He's a nice man despite our rocky start. I think he may have had a stoke since the last time I saw him. His left eye was a bit droopy and he seemed to be moving much slower than he normally does. He's all there mentally though so that's good. Also he made a point of asking me how my health was and I said it was good and he said he was very glad to hear it because you never know when you might lose your health. I took a bunch of pictures but unfortunately I didn't realize the flash was off so most of them are trash. I'll post the good ones and the ones that are at least discernible.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”