Rogue Trader - Registration and Discussion Thread

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Garrius Amphael
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Garrius Amphael »

Accents change in NZ too. This is how heaps of people talk in the part of the country where I was born.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwqfR8g-Qow
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Goatkiller666 wrote: On the Drak-Kung front, his absence may or may not be for a long while, so it might be best if DK were still on the ship somewhere, so there's no issue later trying to re-integrate him into the story. Wasn't he injured in the previous thread? Maybe he's recovering much slower than expected, or something went wrong in the medical bay? He's still getting used to his new poor-craftsmanship cybernetic lungs. He has to wheel it around with him all the time, and make sure the hoses that connect it to his ribcage don't get obstructed.
I was thinking of using something that my brother and I did for one of characters in his Revelations game. A coma. He's injured in the upcoming battle and falls into a coma. That way, the character is ready for use if and when Seven Words returns the game, and this gives potential space for the new PC to be acting Head of Security (should she want it, or Garrius approve it).
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Updated. Sorry to Dorian that I couldn't wait, but I figured you'd probably continue to have the transports target the closest ship.

Brutal times.

Another very quick update. Irritates me that I'm having to write straight from the top of my head into the browser, but I am strapped for time of late.
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Garrius Amphael
<i>Elohim</i>

Ah shit, was just coming to post but all g, you are correct I was going to target the nearest ship indeed. Now ill go read that update

EDIT Wow

Whats the chance of me gathering a force of armsmen from the transports and shuttling them to the Invictus as reinforcements?
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Garrius Amphael wrote:Ah shit, was just coming to post but all g, you are correct I was going to target the nearest ship indeed. Now ill go read that update

EDIT Wow

Whats the chance of me gathering a force of armsmen from the transports and shuttling them to the Invictus as reinforcements?
Very high. The helmsman of the transport just needs to succeed in a manoevre test and you can do it the next phase (i.e. Now). It's a good idea. Of course, they wouldn't have many Armsmen, but it might be enouh to tip the scales.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Just for Salt's benefit, I should point out that the cargo hold doesn't contain much actual foodstuff. Instead, it holds cargo absolutely essential to the success of the current Endeavour. Most of that is securely packed and the crates can take a few blasts from grenades and autoguns (very few bolter blasts would have been fired). So, Trulitch is not being foolish by fighting amongst the cargo, he's doing his job (which is to protect Alid-Yuril property and staff).

More details on the Endeavour are in the Endeavours thread, and the Port Wander thread.

Garrius Amphael
<i>Elohim</i>

Note I edited my post slightly with another order for Nevou and some fluff. But please not the order.
Garrius Amphael
<i>Elohim</i>

Im sure, if I play him to character, that Garrius really wont like salt. But the way she goes around worshiping Garrius is certainly making me smile.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Sorry for the tardiness of my reply - I will finish this off tomorrow. I'll make all the rolls and let the three PCs involved in the boarding action know how they do. I'll then give you all 72hrs to reply, so that you can put the mechanics into words. This is intended as a chance to have some fun with a narrative battle and, of course, earn extra XP through posting.

SPEAKING OF WHICH - please PM me your votes for the contest entries. Please do this via PM, and nominate a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Remember that votes for oneself only count at half weight. Votes also earn a small amount of XP. Cheers.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

I should have said that - in the boarding action - keep in mind that PCs were more involved in directing their forces than in just fighting themselves. That's not to say you woudln't have gotten stuck in.

I abstracted the whole battle, which is why your wounds were light. The focus was more on the larger scope, and the ship to ship duel.

Salt
Stonedownor

Post by Salt »

This is what I think of Peraton's plan.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSYhJaP5AOU
"For the Amphael!"
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Haha!

That's about the idea of it.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Salt, that battle post was fantastic. First-rate.

Andrea Chan-Gauthier
Giantfriend

Post by Andrea Chan-Gauthier »

Montresor, I couldn't find another thread that really seemed appropriate for this story, since it's only tangentially related to anything in the game. Feel free to move it to a better thread if there's one you prefer. Maybe the Dynastic Archives?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: moved to the Dynastic Archives thread.
Last edited by Andrea Chan-Gauthier on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Revere the Emperor; Honour the name of Amphael, holders of the Sacred Warrant of Trade.

Blessed be the Imperium of Man; blessed be the Sacred Writ.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Very nice. I especially liked the detail about the religion and the asencion from planet to planet. If you think you want to write more, I can create your own thread for Chan-Gauthier dynastic details (even though, technically, you're an Amphael now). Otherwise I'll move it to the Dynastic archives.

Very moody and atmospheric piece about the ammo tunnels too, by the way.

Andrea Chan-Gauthier
Giantfriend

Montresor wrote:Very nice. I especially liked the detail about the religion and the asencion from planet to planet. If you think you want to write more, I can create your own thread for Chan-Gauthier dynastic details (even though, technically, you're an Amphael now). Otherwise I'll move it to the Dynastic archives.

Very moody and atmospheric piece about the ammo tunnels too, by the way.
The tunnel piece wasn't quite as abstract as my earlier "waiting for the Gellar Fields to collapse" post. But Salt raised the bar on me.

And a thread for the Ancient History of the Obscuris system might be kind of fun, if you wouldn't mind doing it. I'm not sure how often I'll be able to add to it, but I should be able to do a post here and there. Maybe later I'll explain how the Chan-Gauthiers fell from power, and why Andrea is their last heir, and she's not in any way involved in ruling that system.
Revere the Emperor; Honour the name of Amphael, holders of the Sacred Warrant of Trade.

Andrea Chan-Gauthier
Giantfriend

Montresor wrote:[Rough estimates will put the death toll at about 1,000 - of which nearly half were Armsmen.]
I think I found the solution to our food problem. At least in the short term. 1000 human corpses, just waiting to be recycled. And they're already cut into easy-bake portions. Just be sure to nab 'em before they get turned into Servitors.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Sure . . . if you want morale to plummet!

Salt
Stonedownor

Post by Salt »

Garrius Amphael wrote:"Lieutenant," Garrius tried not to flinch using the word to address one so lowly in appearance, "Bring your men, and any here who aren't to heavily wounded and let us fight for The Invictus!"
Peraton's the Lieutenant.
My people were the "aren't too heavily wounded" part of that.

I didn't presume the Lord-Captain would speak to me at all.

I think I'm a Sub-Lieutenant?
"For the Amphael!"
Stone Magnet
Giantfriend

Post by Stone Magnet »

Andrea Chan-Gauthier wrote:
Montresor wrote:[Rough estimates will put the death toll at about 1,000 - of which nearly half were Armsmen.]
I think I found the solution to our food problem. At least in the short term. 1000 human corpses, just waiting to be recycled. And they're already cut into easy-bake portions. Just be sure to nab 'em before they get turned into Servitors.
A slightly less brutal way to look at it would be that we have around 2500 less mouths to feed. Rations should stretch a wee bit further. Plus we can hopefully transport supplies from the crippled Havoc.
Druids gather at the circle of stones,
To worship the ancient ones.

In the glow of a dying red sun,
Their rites of evil have only just begun...

Electric Wizard - Black Butterfly

Return to “Rogue Trader”