Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

So I have some virus which is doing its best to kill me. :P
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Drink lots of Jack Daniels, it tastes like turpentine, but will kill any virus! :P
fall far and well Pilots!
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Feel like the Watch is slow, slow, slow today...

--A
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I feel great. We foiled the landlord. We got the bee structure up and moved the bees. They are approximately three inches from the property line and firmly mounted above the fence. The back neighbors were great. They came out and helped us put it up and clear part of the jasmine away so there was room to work. Albert, the big gangstery looking guy with the ponytail was a bit freaked out so he stayed back once he realized how close he was to the bees. I showed him bees crawling on my bare arms and chin and he calmed down and finally worked up the courage to get close again. I still managed to stay sting free. Not so for Chris. One stung him on his butt and one on his arm. He was climbing he ladder at the time while carrying a section of the hive so it's understandable. I didn't take any pictures because we were too busy planning and building and then the lighting was wrong but next weekend I'll take some more.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Ah, the "crazy bee lady" is much more innovative than "crazy cat lady". :P ;)
Fire Daughter
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Fire Daughter »

Feeling rather stressed right now, this is finals week. But then it's home to the Mountain for the summer. Can't wait to be with my family. :)
For Myles--
When evening shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one to dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love

For Mom--
Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings.

Fly...fly high against the sky...
Thank you, thank you, thank God for you
The wind beneath my wings

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Good to see you, Brooke!
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Fire Daughter wrote:Feeling rather stressed right now, this is finals week.
I recall those weeks (or days, if I procrastinated) well! ;) Good luck.
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

CovenantJr wrote::lol: I never cease to be amazed at how many problems you manage to solve by just being nice to people.
Why do I always experience the opposite?
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

I have an uncontrollable urge to get inked today.

Actually, this doesn't differ much from every other day, but today it's especially bad.
"Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt." - Kurt Vonnegut
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Fun day today. I got to go on a "field trip" at lunchtime to Ben's Chili Bowl to pick up an order for a meeting one of my attorneys was having. I also got a half-smoke with chili and a piece of cake out of the deal. And another of my attorneys gave me a cupcake from the fabulous cupcake place in town. Yummy!

It made up for the time I spent this afternoon putting in edits to a bill....

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I just bitched out a co-worker for about twenty minutes non stop. I even used sports analogies. I think I may have actually gotten my point across. We shall see. And yes, Sorus, said co-worker did call in today because they were afraid to face me. We had it out on the phone. It wasn't pretty. I made him speechless.

Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Did you refer to the S.F. Giants football team, Jenn? ;)

I'm soaked, at the moment. I had to take the trash out in the midst of a downpour.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Bummer, Damelon. Hope your day gets better.

Jenn -- 8O ;)

Fire Daughter -- a belated good luck with your finals!

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Cameraman Jenn wrote: We shall see. And yes, Sorus, said co-worker did call in today because they were afraid to face me.
I'd probably get banned if I said what I thought about that...

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

I feel like I wish tomorrow was Saturday already.

Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

I'm GWUMPY!!!!! :evil:
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Sorus, I think it's pretty funny actually.

Lyr, sorry it's almost Saturday though.

Damelon, I did use football but not a specific team. He used a phrase which I HATE which is part of what set me off in the first place. "S--t rolls downhill." So I told him guess what, s--t doesn't roll itself uphill on it's own so either the person at the top took the dump or they weren't paying attention long enough for someone else to roll it up the hill and dump it so either way the person at the top is responsible for the s--t and that the very expression is a cop out for losers to pass blame and if he ever used it again I would quit for real. Then I told him that while we were using bad analogies, here is another. I see you at the games and hear you making a lot of noise but that just makes you head cheerleader. You need to get off your ass and start calling the plays and acting like a head coach like you should be. You need to make sure your assistant coaches first off have the same damn playbook, make sure they know what plays they need to concentrate on and what they should be making the team do and then hold them accountable for their losses or failures. Unfortunately before you do that you need to make a game plan and implement it instead of talking about making a game plan. NOTHING changes around here and YOU are the one ultimately responsible to step up to your responsibilities. I used a specific example of him saying there was going to be a store meeting for the past few months and that hasn't happened. I told him he needs to desperately and if need be he should just pick a day most of us are there and put a big sign on the door that says "Closed from (time) to (time) due to SFFD sprinkler system maintenance and JUST DO SOMETHING for a change instead of talking about it. There was more about if the system of checks and balances aren't working then we need to figure out a way to make the system work because everyone in the store is frustrated with him so it needs to happen now, not later NOW and at the end I finished up with no matter what, the only person to blame for all the store issues is him and there is no dodging that fact. When I was done he was very quiet and I asked if he was still there and he said yes. Then another long pause and he said, wow. Then another long pause and so I asked if he was ok and he said not really. I asked him if he disagreed and he said no then another long pause then told me that I had really given him a lot to think about and that he was glad that we had it out then and not at the store because he would not have been able to handle it. I told him I would give him whatever support or help he needs but in order for me to stay on at that store I need to see him step up and see actual progress right away. He told me that was a serious wake up call and he was glad to have the night to digest it all and think on it. Today when he came in he admitted he was still processing all I had to say but at the same time he did step up his game some. He also appreciated my brutal honesty but he realized he seriously needed to hear it. I have the feeling that I am going to have to keep on him about it though.

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:Sorus, I think it's pretty funny actually.
It's irresponsible and immature. Can't say I'm surprised though... :?
Cameraman Jenn wrote: I have the feeling that I am going to have to keep on him about it though.
Daily. With a sharp stick. :poke:

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Free food week continues. Went to the bank to make a deposit a few minutes ago, and they were serving hot dogs off the grill. Some kind of promotion to draw in new checking accounts. I told her I already had a checking account there, but she let me have a hot dog anyhow. :)

EZ Board Survivor

Return to “General Discussion Forum”