How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

I would wait.

Sorry... Good luck, tho! :)
Last edited by aliantha on Tue May 25, 2010 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Avatar wrote:Feeling like I'm wondering where the hell everybody is...just 'cause it's spring doesn't mean you can neglect the Watch y'know...

--A
We're not neglecting the Watch; we're just neglecting YOU.
Seareach wrote:I'm tired of playing second fiddle and getting nothing in return except a whole bunch of unhappiness and little else. Tired of the excuses. Tired of the complications. Tired of the whole damn thing!
Sorry to hear that. I'll try to be more attentive in the future. And from now on, I promise to just use half the damn thing.

sgt.null wrote:sad - it is time to put our dog down. :(
Damn that's sad....wait; I'm not your dog, am I?
Cameraman Jenn wrote:Ok, so I am being given a serious interview for management by the regional district manager tomorrow. I had planned on dyeing my hair Molly Ringwald red tonight. Should I just do it anyway or hold off so I look more conservative?
Save the red dye in case you don't get the job and have to go into that 'other' profession.......dang, I'm like 'Dear Abby' tonight.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Seareach wrote: As for the teething thing: I highly recommend Brauer teething drops. Homeopathic. Worked wonders for SoS (and he had such a low pain threshold--or appeared to). Not sure if it's an Australian product? If you can't get it in the states there may be an equivalent or I'll send you some (and see if US customs allows stuff like that to be imported).
We have some homeopathic teething drops and tablets. They seem to work for a few hours when he is at his worst. But he's been much better since Friday night/Saturday morning.

He has just learned how much fun it is to spit/dribble water from his water cup.

Sorry to hear you are going through the crap.

And good luck Jenn!
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Holsety
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Holsety »

Agh.

I feel like I've been posting on here for a long time, and living life for a long time, and I feel like I now know that I've been doing the same thing for a long time.

It happened when I was 21. Maybe this means I'm an adult now, or becoming an adult. Too bad I never had sex.

I need friends. I have friends IRL but I don't have enough. So sometimes I'll end up here. I'll try not to make it habitual.

I hope someone gets some comfort from reading this message and realizing that we all go through the same thing sooner or later. Unless someone else kills us first.

I know this sounds depressed but I'm feeling more "middle of the road".
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:Does anyone here speak inner city gangster? What does," Jenn girl hit me up!" mean?
It means "call me/let's get together soon".

Don't ask me how I know that. ;)
"Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt." - Kurt Vonnegut
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I think Albert may have a wittle crush on me... 8O :D

My interview went fabulous. It was with the regional manager and that was a bit nerve wracking enough but when I got there I found out that the head of HR was going to interview me too, at the SAME TIME. Still, I aced it. Manny(RM) was quite enthusiastic about our conversation and Lori(HR) seemed to be favorably impressed with me as well. We shall see what happens. Oh and I decided to just go for the haircolor anyway and I love it and they didn't seem fazed by it in the least. Yay Me!

Before the interview I had some time to kill and Heatherly and I had had brunch so we decided to go shopping at Ross. I didn't find any workpants I liked and Heatherly was still trying on stuff so I wandered into the clearance section and found a bunch of super cute panties on sale. I bought a bunch, totally scored. I got a variety, some cabana boy cut, some bikini and some thong. At the end of the night my assistant manager did the bag check and was like, "OH MY!" so we were laughing as he inspected my bag. My manager walked out and was looking at us funny then got into a conversation with the assistant and they started to walk away and I said, "Hello, waiting for a manager to let me out." The assistant said, "I already inspected her bag." as the manager walked over to let me out. The manager said, "Well she's been standing behind the counter unsupervised so it should be inspected again." So both the assistant and I laughed and the manager said, "Do I want to know?" and I said, "Probably not." Then I pulled out my uniform shirt, then pulled out the see through bag from Ross with a pair of pink thong panties with black edging clearly showing through butt side first and the manager turned red and got all flustered and said, "Ok, your bag is cleared." It was quite amusing. :twisted:
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Holsety wrote:So sometimes I'll end up here. I'll try not to make it habitual.
The Watch may be habit-forming, but it's largely harmless. ;)

--A
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I started my day with a favorite recipe for soul nourishment. Let me share it with you all. Take one piping hot load of laundry, downy fresh from the dryer and dump it on the bed. Quickly pull out all foldable/dresser stuff and pretend not to notice while a rogue chihuahua immerses itself in the remaining pile. Let chihuahua bake for ten minutes while putting away foldables. Begin putting away remaining laundry and act shocked when discovering toasty warm baked chihuahua. Proceed to snug toasty warm chihuahua and smother with kisses while exclaiming in a bad southern accent, "Well I do declare how on earth did that chee wha wha git in my clean fresh lawndry, who let a stinky dawg in my apartment. What is this world coming to?" Then finish putting away all but two items, the one under the chihuahua and the one over the chihuahua. Go back to laundramat, get second load and repeat baking process. There's nothing better than twice baked chihuahua to start your day.

Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

All that reminds me that I have to take the socks out of the dryer when I get home from work.

I'm on lunch now, and am going to do a a little shopping for some summer clothes; of which I seem to be suddenly short of now.
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I got the promotion. I start training on Monday.

Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

Felicidades! :D
:letsparty:
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:I got the promotion. I start training on Monday.
careful what you ask for gurrlfren! LOL

grats! :D

(did i tell you the lich king is dead? :D )
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Yippee yow Jenn! Does that mean your hours increase/can be able to pay rent reliably?
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Yay Jenn! :nanaparty:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Yessss! Good job Jenn!! :7up:
fall far and well Pilots!
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

(...and so much for my advice on appearance for job applicants... :lol: )

EZ Board Survivor

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Ok, slight delay. Manny was apparently out today so the transfer paperwork from HR was unable to be completed with his signoff so Monday I am still at my old store and sometime next week the transfer happens. It's actually ok with me because I am waiting on a very special package to arrive via ups anyway. If I had known everything was going to happen so suddenly I would have paid for the overnight shipping. I purchased something diabolical in which to torment my co-worker in the tech department. Sorus, you know of whom I speak. Here's a link if you are curious.
www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/8c52/

Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Oh my god, that is fantastic. I need to get several for work.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:I purchased something diabolical in which to torment my co-worker in the tech department. Sorus, you know of whom I speak. Here's a link if you are curious.
www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/8c52/

8O

I love the way your mind works.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Sorus, I know it's going to be annoying to everyone but just think of each beep as a stab at the jackass's sanity and instead of annoying you it will make you smile with unadulterated diabolical glee. Besides, I warned him not to mess with me. He has more than earned this little cruelty. Especially after today. I tried to be nice. I even called him on my way in to ask if he wanted coffee. I brought him a coffee. I got in to work and he informs me that Kristina called in sick yet again and Miguel from Sal's store never confirmed so it was just him, me, Den from 898 and Jason. He then informs me that I am the cashier, Jason's on the floor, Den's on freight and he will handle dps. I let him know there was a convention at the Moscone. He claimed he could handle it. I went up front. He got busy right away. The first two customers I rang up that he had helped were irritated and unhappy. He was swamped and I had a lull so I went over to the corner to see if there was ink or stuff to put away and Jason was spider wrapping tech freight. We spoke for about ten seconds and the jackass starts barking, "Jenn, you NEED to STAY at register two, Jenn STAY at register two." I said ok, no problem. I parked myself directly in front of register two and rang up customers as they came up and stood in military at ease stance completely still between customers. It wasn't long before a customer came up and wanted canon ink. I made a dramatic show of trying to reach it from register two. I smiled at the customer and said, "I would love it if you have a few seconds to help me prove a point to a co-worker." and winked. They smiled and said yes so I then got on the headset and asked Jason, "Jason, can you grab me a canon 8 multipack? I can't quite reach it and I am not ALLOWED to leave register two." Jason comes up and gets the ink for me. Derek was too busy in dps to bother yelling but you could see he was seething with anger. He was asked to do a job involving labels and first asked me if it was possible. I told him I didn't know because it wasn't my department, it was his. He was NOT amused. He asked again and I said, "Yes, we do print labels." He then asked me where the labels were. I told him they were in the dps supply closet. He went and looked but apparently couldn't find them so he got some off the shelf and apparently could not figure out how to actually print them so the customer finally left with the regular easy copy job but no labels and frustrated about wasting so much time. At this point, even though I was thoroughly enjoying irritating the jackass, I was starting to get frustrated at the mess he was making of my department and then shortly thereafter I hear him woefully underquoting a HUGE job so I ran over there to correct him and he undersold it anyway by $480. This I could not tolerate. I called Jacob and lit into him and told him I wanted the jackass OUT of my department. He said he would handle it. I went back to cashiering. I'm not sure what went on in the next half an hour in my dps but I saw a crowd and then it was gone. We got busy and so I was unable to monitor his performance because I had Den cashiering beside me. The JA comes up to me and says, "I am going to keep Den on the front counter and put you in dps and Jason on the floor and freight. I respond with, "Oh, just like Jacob told me he was going to tell you to do?" and he said, "It was my idea." I just laughed and said, "Whatever." I went over to my department and started to take care of the customer waiting. I sent his print job to the printer and realized that there was a paper jam. I cleared the jam and saw that it was the print job he was doing for the women in line directly after the misquote that I tried to intervene on. So it's most likely that he sent away all the people waiting behind them because he didn't know how to clear the jam properly. PLUS he left the jam in there long enough to burn the paper which can actually ignite and was extremely hot when I pulled it out. Idiot. I was mad. I looked up to find him and he was nowhere in sight. I got the customer's job rolling and told him I would be right back then went to look for the JA. He was hiding in the back hall madly texting on his phone. I held the papers out and asked him, "Why didn't you clear the document jam and finish the job?" He tried to claim he did clear it but it wasn't working and the ladies could not wait. I just let out a noise of frustration and turned my back and stomped away muttering, "UnbeLIEVEable." I went back to dps, finished the jobs in front of me then asked him to come to dps. I told him, "You know you can't print double sided on coverstock without manually flipping the pages which takes even longer right? " He tried to argue with me that you could so I told him to show me which he couldn't so he got frustrated and walked away. He continued to treat me with disdain as a defense mechanism to being proven wrong. I added commentary to my responses. When I went to lunch, Jason asked me over the com how to do a job. I responded with, "I'm at lunch, I'm sure so and so can handle that question." The JA appeared at the door to the breakroom moments later and asked me to please work with him and to stop the commentary. I told him that working with someone went both ways but I would try. I then got back on the com and told Jason exactly how to do what he needed to do. Then to top things off, the JA promised the job in an unreasonable amount of time. They showed up to pick it up when I had managed to finish 100 instead of 1000. I explained to the customer that there had been a misunderstanding of the magnitude of the job and that I would have as many done as I could if they could give me a bit more time. I got five hundred done total. They came to pick it up and wanted to get a refund for the rest but when I got on the intercom for the JA to fix the transaction he was again hiding in the back and said he was on the phone and would be up in a few minutes. They couldn't wait. One of the guys came back later to fix the transaction. He didn't bring the other guy's card with him which was the card used to purchase the order. JA was insistent that they bring the card and by now the customer was really pissed. I intervened. I offered to walk back to the Moscone Center and get the card, come back to the store and fix the transaction and bring him back the receipts and card. The whole time the JA was shaking his head, mouthing NO and giving me the evil death glare in full view of the customer. I ignored him. The customer and I walked to the Moscone, the first words out of his mouth when we got out the door were, "Is that guy your boss?" and I replied, "Technically but not really anymore." and gave him a bit of history of me and future of me. He said, "Well, I'm glad you aren't going to have to work with him anymore because he's a complete idiot and obviously knows nothing about customer service." He then told me to make sure I bring all the necessary contact information so he could write a detailed letter about his experience and my above and beyond customer service in the face of my co-worker's incompetence. I laughed and promised him I would and I did. When we got to the Moscone and I was getting the card from the other guy, the cardholder guy who turns out to be the owner of the company we did the job for, told me I was a lifesaver and he would continue to work with me all he could in the future. His employee, the guy I was walking with, told him that I was transferring to Emeryville and the company owner's response was that he would be willing to make the trip to work with me. Did I also mention that the job was for a high end catering company that specializes in corporate functions and has branches all over California and a serious back scratching relationship with the Moscone center? Anyway, I agreed to meet one or the other of them upstairs at the Moscone at five to give back the card and receipts. I went back to work. The JA was pissed so he was resorting to the condescending barking of orders that he does when he feels the need to assert his dominance. I sunk low again. I got back on the com and said, "I am only scheduled until five thirty and it is not physically possible for me to finish all that you just ordered me to do, plus you are using that tone of voice that implies that I am an idiot who can't think for herself so why don't you be very specific about exactly what you want done and in what order." His response was, "Jacob says you can stay until six." I said I would think about it and asked what he wanted me to do. He responded in that same obnoxious tone, dripping with condescension so I told him I would see what I could get done with my last ten minutes. I clocked out at five thirty and pounded on the office door for him to let me out. He was visibly upset and actually contrite but too bad so sad. This bitch is not going to take stupid crap from some snotnosed egotistical jackass know it all who doesn't know shit about how the real world works. Ok. That felt good.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”