Whatcha been playing lately?

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

Nathan
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Nathan »

I tried to start a civ4 game on the watch a while back, but it never got going.

Anyone up for a second try?
[spoiler]If you change the font to white within spoiler tags does it break them?[/spoiler]
Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

I could go for that, as my 360 went the way of the red ring last week. I only have the basic game though, no expansions.
Q. Why do Communists drink herbal tea?
A. Because proper tea is theft.
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

Mostly been playing Soul Calibur IV. The character creation is waaaaay too addictive.
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Ultima Online has eaten my soul.

I also want Disgaea 3 with a sticky passion.
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Neverwinter Nights 2 and Far Cry 2.
Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

Fable 2. Exclusively.

I don't think I've been this hooked on a game since I first played World of Warcraft, the story's great, the voice acting is superb and the world is incredibly charming and quite big too. I just can't stop playing it at the moment, a lot of the reviews have realled dwelled on the game's negatives like the main story being too short and the many, many bugs.

Once I'd actually played it, it was clear that the negative reviewers hadn't really tried to like the game at all. The main story may be short, but probably only if you press on through it. I've been busy doing side quests, working to earn gold and keeping, buying houses and businesses and keeping my two families happy. There are some pretty major bugs, but I've only had one happen to me personally so far, which was that I gave my wife a ring as a gift after we were already married and that caused the game to think that I'd married a second wife who didn't actually exist and now I've got a house that I can't rent out or sell. I guess I'll just use it to entertain my many mistresses :twisted:
Q. Why do Communists drink herbal tea?
A. Because proper tea is theft.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Civilization Revolution on DS. Good stuff. Easier to grasp than the Civs I've played before, yet also suitably challenging. Enjoying it.
Spiral Jacobs
Giantfriend

Post by Spiral Jacobs »

I've just started playing FarCry, on 'Challenging' difficulty. I'm a casual gamer at best so no doubt this will prove hard enough.
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Gears of War 2 has stolen my heart.
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

The World Ends With You. Good game, very well done, and one of the very few that actually makes use of the various unusual functions of the DS. Admittedly it has a very steep learning curve in the form of the mind-boggling combat system (and even having completed the main game, I'm still not very good at it) but it's worth persevering with. Unfortunately the game isn't really very long. I finished it in a week. Now, it's true that there's a whole load of stuff to do after completing the game (hence referring to it here as the 'main game') but even the early parts of this can be insanely difficult, such as beating the final boss of the game on the hardest (currently) available difficulty setting. I'm losing patience with it now, though it's disappointing that abandonment of this post-game endeavour means I miss a lot of the back story.

Next up, starting this evening, is a game I've been trying to get hold of for a reasonable price for a good twelve years: Shadowrun...
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Civilization Revolution.

Remember when Civ 4 came out, and they had those ads with the addicts muttering "one more turn... one more turn..."

Well, the console port is just as addicting ;) I got it from Gamefly on Friday, did't have time to play until Saturday, but I've already played two complete games :)
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead and Fallout 3 in that order.

My life feels fulfilled.
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

I've been working my way through Eternal Sonata on the Xbox360. Definitely worth the hype, a beautiful game. However, while the battle system is neat, it gets way to repetitive.

I've also been playing Tales of Vesperia with my girlfriend. Great game. I got into the Tales series with Symphonia, and Vesperia is the second one I've tried. Love the characters and the battle system.

I'll have to pick up ToS2 sometime soon.

-jay
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

my son's ps2. finally an upgrade! :)
baseball.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Final Fantasy VI Advance, on my DS. I've wanted to play this for fifteen years. Long-term Final Fantasy fans tend to cite VI as the best, and I can see why. I'm not sure I agree, but I can see their point. In many ways it's probably the most complete - or perhaps I should say rounded - Final Fantasy I've played.

When I've finished this, it's on to Final Fantasy XII. I'm not sure why I'm on such a Final Fantasy binge at the moment. In any case, I was never really that interested in XII but I recently saw my housemate playing it, and it looked different enough to the rest of the series to be almost a different game entirely - not just in mechanics but in atmosphere. It seems to be FF's attempt to go 'real'. So when I could pick it up for a handful of pennies, I did the right thing and obtained a copy. I'm not going to start until I'm done with VI (two Final Fantasies at once would be too much), so probably not until after Christmas, but I'm looking forward to it.
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Good luck with XXII. A lot of people liked it, but I hated it.

The battle system is kind of fun, but the plot and characters suck all kinds of ass.

FFVI is definitely the best.

-jay
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

CovenantJr wrote:Final Fantasy VI Advance, on my DS. I've wanted to play this for fifteen years. Long-term Final Fantasy fans tend to cite VI as the best, and I can see why. I'm not sure I agree, but I can see their point. In many ways it's probably the most complete - or perhaps I should say rounded - Final Fantasy I've played.
My favorite was FF IX, for what it is worth. :)

Worm of Despite
Lord

CovenantJr wrote:Final Fantasy VI Advance, on my DS. I've wanted to play this for fifteen years. Long-term Final Fantasy fans tend to cite VI as the best, and I can see why. I'm not sure I agree, but I can see their point. In many ways it's probably the most complete - or perhaps I should say rounded - Final Fantasy I've played.
Final Fantasy VI is easily the most well-done: it has a thrilling, first-time-you-ever-watched-Star Wars feel, fourteen main characters, spans two eras of history, and includes arguably the greatest, most virtuosic scene in RP or gaming history: the opera house.

Similarly, CovJr, I've got Final Fantasy IV for my DS and am playing it for the first time. That's an excellent remake if ever there was one.
Moxinomal
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Moxinomal »

Lately, aside for WoW, I've been playing L4D, Chrono Trigger for the DS, and Guitar Hero: World Tour for the Wii. I've been having fun bouncing back and forth between them.
Embracing me is to embrace the true way your mind works. Let yourself not be hindered by the false.
Worm of Despite
Lord

Tarnished Sword wrote:Lately, aside for WoW, I've been playing L4D, Chrono Trigger for the DS, and Guitar Hero: World Tour for the Wii. I've been having fun bouncing back and forth between them.
That's me. Bouncing between Left 4 Dead, DS games, and Ultima Online... I'll probably quit Ultima once I get my Masters. No time for MMORPGs in academia. I got Chrono Trigger to look forward to as an Xmas gift. Despite having crappy extras, and a simple port, the thought of having it on a handheld is too enticing.

Return to “PC & Console Games”