The Laughing Man
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Laughing Man »

8)
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

I see. I'm more into drinking tea.
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
storm
Giantfriend

Post by storm »

I appreciate your knowlege, although i was looking for mom's range, not baby's...lol

...if in the end there can be only one, why does it have to be a kilt-wearing scot?
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

F.E.M.A. "Ferocious Educational Medical Aptitude" -Esmer

"Honestly; by the end of the Chronicles Lord Foul isn't going to be the Despiser anymore (we all knew he had to come to an end), however I find it vexing that the only reason is because he feels unworthy of the title and resigns to let Linden take his badge, Illearth Stone, and the keys to Linden's Creche."-Revan
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Esmer wrote:
Don Juan Matus said:

Anything is one of a million paths. Therefore you must always keep in mind that a path is only a path; if you feel you should not follow it, you must not stay with it under any conditions.

To have such clarity you must lead a disciplined life. Only then will you know that any path is only a path, and there is no affront, to oneself or to others, in dropping it if that is what your heart tells you to do. But your decision to keep on the path or to leave it must be free of fear or ambition.

I warn you. Look at every path closely and deliberately. Try it as many times as you think necessary. Then ask yourself, and yourself alone, one question. This question is one that only a very old man asks. My benefactor told me about it once when I was young, and my blood was too vigorous for me to understand it. Now I do understand it. I will tell you what it is:

Does this path have a heart?

All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. They are paths going through the bush, or into the bush. In my own life I could say I have traversed long, long paths, but I am not anywhere. My benefactor's question has meaning now. Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good; if it does not, it is of no use. Both paths lead nowhere; but one has a heart the other does not. One makes for a joyful journey; as long as you follow it, you are one with it. The other will make you curse your life. One makes you strong; the other weakens you. The trouble is nobody asks the question; and when a man finally realizes that he has taken a path without a heart, the path is ready to kill him. At that point very few men can stop to deliberate, and leave the path.

A path without a heart is never enjoyable. You have to work hard even to take it. On the other hand, a path with heart is easy; it does not make you work at liking it. For me there is only the traveling on paths that have a heart, or on any path that may have heart. There I travel... and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length.

And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly.
:hearts:
I know Castenada made a bunch of this stuff up...but still, that's an amazing quote. And quite true. :)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Wyldewode
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Wyldewode »

storm wrote: ...if in the end there can be only one, why does it have to be a kilt-wearing scot?
Because a kilt-wearing Scot is HOT! :twisted:

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
The Laughing Man
The Gap Into Spam

aliantha wrote:
Esmer wrote:
Don Juan Matus said:

Anything is one of a million paths. Therefore you must always keep in mind that a path is only a path; if you feel you should not follow it, you must not stay with it under any conditions.

To have such clarity you must lead a disciplined life. Only then will you know that any path is only a path, and there is no affront, to oneself or to others, in dropping it if that is what your heart tells you to do. But your decision to keep on the path or to leave it must be free of fear or ambition.

I warn you. Look at every path closely and deliberately. Try it as many times as you think necessary. Then ask yourself, and yourself alone, one question. This question is one that only a very old man asks. My benefactor told me about it once when I was young, and my blood was too vigorous for me to understand it. Now I do understand it. I will tell you what it is:

Does this path have a heart?

All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. They are paths going through the bush, or into the bush. In my own life I could say I have traversed long, long paths, but I am not anywhere. My benefactor's question has meaning now. Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good; if it does not, it is of no use. Both paths lead nowhere; but one has a heart the other does not. One makes for a joyful journey; as long as you follow it, you are one with it. The other will make you curse your life. One makes you strong; the other weakens you. The trouble is nobody asks the question; and when a man finally realizes that he has taken a path without a heart, the path is ready to kill him. At that point very few men can stop to deliberate, and leave the path.

A path without a heart is never enjoyable. You have to work hard even to take it. On the other hand, a path with heart is easy; it does not make you work at liking it. For me there is only the traveling on paths that have a heart, or on any path that may have heart. There I travel... and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length.

And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly.
:hearts:
I know Castenada made a bunch of this stuff up...but still, that's an amazing quote. And quite true. :)
anyone who truly understands what Carlos wrote knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that he could not possibly have made it up. 8)
The Laughing Man
The Gap Into Spam

don swallow wasn't available. 8)
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

:)

is something wonderful going to happen?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
The Laughing Man
The Gap Into Spam

sgt.null wrote::)

is something wonderful going to happen?
YES!!! and you will be rewarded! :o
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

goody!
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Once lent is over, will you send me some coffee?
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
The Laughing Man
The Gap Into Spam

drew wrote:Once lent is over, will you send me some coffee?
no. 8)
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Ok. pha-q then.
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
The Laughing Man
The Gap Into Spam

don't they have coffee where you live ya lazy bastard? :lol: besides, i don't even have a job! :o are you going to let me live with you when my money runs out? :?
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Of course I would.
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
The Laughing Man
The Gap Into Spam

cool. i'll bring coffee then. 8)
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

What's the worst thing that could happen if I don't get the typhoid vaccine before I go to Mexico?
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Esmer wrote:don't they have coffee where you live ya lazy bastard? :lol: besides, i don't even have a job! :o are you going to let me live with you when my money runs out? :?
Wrong thread!!

Esmer wants to know!!

You get to ask questions there!!!

;)
The Laughing Man
The Gap Into Spam

:ct04: somebody wants a spankin.

Auleliel wrote:What's the worst thing that could happen if I don't get the typhoid vaccine before I go to Mexico?
you could get typhoid. 8)

Return to “General Discussion Forum”