Whatcha been playing lately?

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Now there's an unexpected sentence. It's bliss when they start hitting you with artillery.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

CovenantJr wrote:Now there's an unexpected sentence. It's bliss when they start hitting you with artillery.
I should have explained myself better; the game really captures the visceral punch of war well. Buildings shatter and craters form when artillery shells hit. Soldiers fly like rag dolls, and tanks collapse. It's amazing.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by jacob Raver, sinTempter »

I found a used copy on Amazon for only $4. $4, can you believe it? I guess 'cause the new expansions coming out soon...gonna order it tomorrow...

Have you played the newer patches/expansions?
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror
Spiral Jacobs
Giantfriend

Post by Spiral Jacobs »

Quake Live, baby. Play Quake 3 free in your browser. It works great and is addicting me to CTF games all over again. It's just too bad there are no Threewave maps in the game, that would have been truly awesome.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

jacob Raver, sinTempter wrote:I found a used copy on Amazon for only $4. $4, can you believe it? I guess 'cause the new expansions coming out soon...gonna order it tomorrow...

Have you played the newer patches/expansions?
Get Opposing Fronts. It is very good.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Loremaster wrote:
CovenantJr wrote:Now there's an unexpected sentence. It's bliss when they start hitting you with artillery.
I should have explained myself better; the game really captures the visceral punch of war well. Buildings shatter and craters form when artillery shells hit. Soldiers fly like rag dolls, and tanks collapse. It's amazing.
I assumed you just really love a challenge. :P
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

I've never tried Opposing Fronts, just the original CoH, and da**... it was hard! Fun, though :)

As for Quake Live... Why would I play Q3 when I could play the infinitely better UT2k4 or UT3, both of which I already have?
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
Spiral Jacobs
Giantfriend

Post by Spiral Jacobs »

Rigel wrote:I've never tried Opposing Fronts, just the original CoH, and da**... it was hard! Fun, though :)

As for Quake Live... Why would I play Q3 when I could play the infinitely better UT2k4 or UT3, both of which I already have?
Am I saying you should? You're not trying to reanimate the old UT vs Quake debate, are you? Go back to the nineties! ;-)
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

It's more a question of playing a 9 year old game, when I already own both a 5 year old game and a 2 year old game in the same genre :)
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
Spiral Jacobs
Giantfriend

Post by Spiral Jacobs »

True, I also own Q4 but I love the sheer rush of Quake 3 online, especially in a nice team game. Never mind that I'm not very good at it ;-)
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

Devil May Cry 4 at the moment but I hope to get Resident Evil 5, Killzone 2 and Fifa 2009 soon
DEATH IS A PREFERABLE ALTERNATIVE TO COMMUNISM!
Cleburne
Bloodguard

Post by Cleburne »

Grand theft Auto Chinatown wars on DS :biggrin:
A lie well told and told often enough,I'm damned if the truth will ever catch up with it!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Just acquired the GBA port of Gauntlet. Yes, Gauntlet. It also came packaged with Rampart, whatever that is.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I am playing Vampire: Bloodlines for the third time. An excellent roleplaying game.
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Is that the first or second Vampire game? I loved the first one, but never played the second. You are making me want to replay it now. I remember the controls being a little clunky, but so much fun to play.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Second.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Hmm, sounds like an interesting game. I'm being pushed to join a real Vampire campaign. That would be a good thing, but I don't like the people involved. :(
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I always had a little more respect for how the Vampire game worked. Less dependence on dice rolling, more on roleplaying. Then again, I guess it depends on who is leading the thang. I also used to love Top Secret for nearly the same reason, although I'd say dice came in a bit more.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I broke down and rented Guitar Hero: Metallica. Worth it for the Kyuss and AiC tracks alone.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

Fable 2 has my attention right now.
"Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt." - Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “PC & Console Games”