Pantheon - The Third Age - Game Thread

Moderator: Xar

The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

Arcadia wrote:It stopped in its tracks because it knew of LOVE's coming, brother. It will return to greet me and become mine. heh
Chief among loves is the Love of Self, it seems.

The Numen welcome you to Eiran, Arcadia. We who were the newest deity relinquish that honor to you, now.
Nothing rhymes with orange!
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

LOVE of self is just as valid as LOVE of others. One cannot love others if one despises oneself. That love would be impure.

Yet, from what I can see, dear Numen, all gods of the Pantheon love themselves. That is good. It makes my job so much easier. :wink:

I thank you for your welcome.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

And of course Desire shares his gifts with many! :biggrin:
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

Arcadia wrote:Yet, from what I can see, dear Numen, all gods of the Pantheon love themselves. That is good. It makes my job so much easier. :wink:
Oh yes, to be sure. We of The Numen are well pleased with your gifts.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

I have have been contemplating the gifts I can give Eiran ... and I have decided to open Den's of Desire near all major cities, unless the city's deity desires to deny such fulfillment to their followers.

Simply let me know if any wish some or all of their cities to be excluded and I will of course be sensitive to your needs. :biggrin:
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

Forgive me for not having approached you earlier, Madada... Mabba... Sir. I've been a little busy lately. But my father created a nifty aphrodesiac that might be useful to you?
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Sounds wonderful! :biggrin: Please send me some! Also, it seems you are hitting the sap again! :lol: I have heard that some of your intoxicants rival Dwarrow Ale special brew for their potency! Perhaps you can send some as well!
uKulwa
Giantfriend

Post by uKulwa »

Madadeva wrote:... and I have decided to open Den's of Desire near all major cities, unless the city's deity desires to deny such fulfillment to their followers.
My faithful find their fulfillment in the slaughter of their enemies, and the blood of trespassers. Keep your Dens from my kraals.
All Things Begin and End in Strife.
------------------------------------
Msasi Haogopi Mwiba.

The Hunter Does Not Fear Thorns
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

The Herds tend to wander more than settle. However my two cities are welcoming of the followers of others, as long as they come in fellowship and peace. Such has always been my doctrine, uKulwa can attest to that from the time of the Summerfests. I see the results of such Dens encouraging the growth of Birth and Healing, and will gladly enLighten such endeavors. Be welcome in Moonshine and New Zandarar.
Bel
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Bel »

Neither your presence, nor any works of yours, are welcome among my people, Madadeva.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

At some point, there will be whole cities devoted to Knowledge. At that time, Dens of Desire would be most welcome. Be not surprised, however, if that is simply another term for "Library", where some will go to actuallize their desire for knowledge.

And yet, Knowledge need not be limited to dry facts and arcane forces. Some may want to know the sensations of the flesh. Others may seek enlightenment through certain herbs and spores. All is Knowledge and all is Desired.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

As all know, there is a story about a fragment of an ancient scroll having recently surfaced.

I have a theory. No idea if it's true or not, but worth mentioning, I suppose.

In the Second Age, there was a mage named Allyria who worshiped my father. (Yes, the same woman who became my father's second Prophet, and is now the Lord of Eiran known as the Lily of Winter, the Kind One.) My father first became aware of her when a group of adventurers from Thellarr, worn and exhausted, landed on Landir and found their way to the outskirts of Shakari. There, they claimed to have seen the catastrophe that took over the whole southern Thellarr, and to have salvaged texts they hoped would shed light on what exactly happened there. They approached her, and delivered the tomes to her, begging her in the name of the people of Thellarr to find out what went wrong and if it was possible to remedy it, hoping that her affiliation with my father might grant her the needed lore. She studied the books for some time, my father putting a little (clearly not enough) power to the effort.

The catastrophe of Thellarr was caused when a mortal attempted to tap into the divine power. One of my own mages on Shaldir is attempting the same thing. I have used power for both Allyria and a very powerful mage of mine, to see if they can prevent it. (If Shakari still stands in six months, we'll have our answer. Twigs crossed, everybody! :lol:)

I can't help but wonder if our divine power is this Shard. That would surely make it a very unknown source of power, and one best left alone. It's possible that this scroll fragment was among the tomes delivered to Allyria all those millennia ago. It's possible that she did not dispose of it well enough (she became quite busy), and my mage has now found it. I'll look into those things immediately.
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

The leader of the cult of Argothoth also seems to possess some kind of divine power. We had assumed it was simply power leached from the souls of Our followers, or perhaps misplaced faith stolen from Unzen or simply from the worship of followers of Argothoth... divine power waiting for a divine being in which to reside.

Perhaps it is something else, instead.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

"Cult of Argothoth..."
"Shard..."
"Song..?"
...oh...
...oh my.

I will prefer to see if Zephyr is correct, than The Numen.
Hopefully one of us will learn more regarding this, this season.
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

uKulwa. I do not know much about you. Your goals; your methods... But if we are all receiving a vision from the Allfather, I must assume something of immense power - likely immense danger - is taking place. Or about to. And your followers are at the center of it.
uKulwa
Giantfriend

Post by uKulwa »

Zephyr wrote:uKulwa. I do not know much about you. Your goals; your methods... But if we are all receiving a vision from the Allfather, I must assume something of immense power - likely immense danger - is taking place. Or about to. And your followers are at the center of it.
Indeed, you know nothing.

If there is aught my bretheren need hear, then shall I speak it in its time. Unless, and until, such time is upon us, my faithful stand against any danger that may be.
Do not doubt them.
All Things Begin and End in Strife.
------------------------------------
Msasi Haogopi Mwiba.

The Hunter Does Not Fear Thorns
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

And yet, we are given a vision. I merely ask you to consider whatever is going on. Perhaps it is a greater threat than it seems.
Wiri
Servant of the Land

Post by Wiri »

Zephyr... What is that vibration?
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

Oy.
...and it appears the deeds of the Second Age return to haunt us once again.

Even should my interpretation of what we are allowed to see is wrong...
Brother Simjen, once again this something dark and ruined creature that once crawled out of a hellpit before crumbling into exhaustion on golden sand offers her sincere gratitude for your cleansing Divine Fire of an Age gone by.

*bows*
Zephyr
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zephyr »

That, Wiri, is Dagon's Leviathan! Even from the other side of Eiran, you can feel him! What power!! I'm extremely glad he is a good friend of ours, because I'd hate to be in the roots of whatever he's mad at!

Return to “Pantheon”