ANTHOLOGY II DEADLINE ALERT! TODAY IS THE DAY

For the discussion about old anthologies, or the planning of new ones.

Moderators: hierachy, aTOMiC

Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Thanks everyone. Yeah, my comp had some kind of harddrive problem; had to totally replace it. On the bright side, this one holds 200GB and the old one was 180 or something.
Dragonlily wrote:If I can replace any of your files, let me know.

:confused:
:Hail: :Hail: , but I doubt I sent you either of the two stories I lost. No worries, though. I'm going to rewrite part VI of the Trimur-Nakati conflict; still have bits of it on paper. Will probably wind up becoming better.

Oh! And I also lost all my pr0n. :cry: Guess I'll just have to use my imagination from now on. :cry:
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Not the pr0n? Oh dear goddess no! But Foul, what about the children?

WHAT SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!

:P
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Argh. I certainly feel your pain, Foul. That's precisely the reason I always print off hard copies of anything I write.
Worm of Despite
Lord

Yeah, I had hard copies of all my stories but the two newest ones. Won't let that happen again, to be sure.
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Alynna Lis Eachann wrote:I feel your pain, Foul. My laptop died a few years back, and took the harddrive (with a couple hundred pages of stories and ideas, never mind all the pics and school work) with it. I still cling to the dead husk of the thing in the hopes that somebody, somewhere, somehow, can get the data off of it one day.
Hey A, I have a new idea which may be able to work. My advisor gave it to me when my old desktop recently crashed. It's called a Linux Live CD. Boots your computer in a Linux OS, right from a CD. Then you can save your data somewhere else. (Your laptop has a USB port, right?) It worked real well on my desktop. Maybe it can work with your laptop. Maybe the next time I see you we can give it a try.-jay
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

kevinswatch wrote: Hey A, I have a new idea which may be able to work. My advisor gave it to me when my old desktop recently crashed. It's called a Linux Live CD. Boots your computer in a Linux OS, right from a CD. Then you can save your data somewhere else. (Your laptop has a USB port, right?) It worked real well on my desktop. Maybe it can work with your laptop. Maybe the next time I see you we can give it a try.-jay
Sweet! :) That sounds like it might work. The problem is that the whole thing was probably virus-induced, and the hard drive keeps reading as physically corrupted (which I knwo it's not), so I don't know if anything will transfer easily, but that'd be great to try.
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

So, um, not to un-derail the topic, but what about some numbers from the committee? Like, how many submissions did we get this time around? I realize it's only one week since the deadline, but I'm already curious :P
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Due to extensions granted etc we can't give you any numbers sorry Xar, but from a quick glance I'd say we are slightly up on last year. :D

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Last post here was 9-11-06, its been 15 days. Anyone have any news or updates?
Its my job to help keep things moving toward our publish date so any help would be appreciated.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Worm of Despite
Lord

Just for the record: I found my Anthology submission. :nanaparty: I had sent a draft to a friend, and Gmail happens to save all sent emails.

Variol son gave me till Oct. 1 to turn it in, because of my situation.

College has been giving me speedbumps, but I'm 1/3 through with the final chapter. Expect it either Friday or on the weekend. Sorry for all this delay, but it is coming!
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

Fantastic, Foul! So glad you found it!
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Good news, Foul. Maybe I should start using my Gmail more often. Hotmail doesn't save outgoing emails.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Great news, Foul.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

CovenantJr wrote:Maybe I should start using my Gmail more often. Hotmail doesn't save outgoing emails.
Bah, hotmail sucks. Compared to Gmail, most if not all web-based mail accounts suck. :D Anybody wants an invite, just PM me your current addy. :D

--A
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

So, there's no shortlist yet?

Those of use who have not heard anything are still in the running?

-Will there be a swimsuit competition?
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

drew wrote:So, there's no shortlist yet?
The selection team are hard pressed going through the submissions. We will have to wait a while yet.
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

**I was going to pull my submission to enter it into a contest through the CBC---but they want a SHORT story (2000-2500 words)..so I'll keep it in the running.
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

drew wrote:So, there's no shortlist yet?

Those of use who have not heard anything are still in the running?

-Will there be a swimsuit competition?
The official deadline was less than a month ago man, and we've got RL as well. 8O

Don't worry drew, we're doing the best we can. :D

Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

I was wondering if there's any news about the anthology... Christmas is approaching awfully fast, after all ;)
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Any day now. :D

Return to “Kevin's Watch Anthology Forum”