Runes of the Earth: Part One: Chapter 2: Caesure

ROTE, FR, AATE, TLD

Moderators: Cord Hurn, danlo, dlbpharmd

Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Wayfriend wrote:Perhaps her pining for Covenant has done her some harm after all.
Interesting. I honestly can't think of a better expanation. The power of the ring has to do with passion, and perhaps her emotions are stunted somewhat due to her lack of significant two-way, mutual relationships in her life. Jerimiah hardly counts. But then this brings up the debates of previous weeks over whether or not her life is full now.
Niftium
Woodhelvennin

Post by Niftium »

Avytaya wrote:On Anele..... I'm sure this has been discussed in Runes discussion thread, but Anele is Elena backwards. There's got to be something there, no?
-Avy
The word 'anele' is actually a verb that is used in TOT. I never would have noticed if I hadn't been rereading.
She stared at Covenant. The scars on the deck demonstrated beyond any argument that she would never get near enough to touch him. But that signified nothing. No laying on of hands would anele his torment. She need to reach him with her soul. [...]
In this context, it seems to imply a healing. All of the definitions I've found online say that it means "to bless" or "to anoint" (which makes sense, given the phrasing of the first half of the sentence). Does this mean Anele has a more active role to play in the necessary healing of the Land/Earth? Or is it simply a reference to the fact that he needs some healing of his own?

Beats me. I just bring thoughts, not answers. But your observation is nifty too.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

If I'd ever noticed it, I would probably automatically assume that it was supposed to be "anneal."
to heat a material, such as glass or metal, followed by controlled cooling to remove internal stresses and induce a desired degree of toughness, temper, or softness of the material.
--A

Return to “Last Chronicles”