Worst Book Ever

For those who want to talk about other authors, but can't be bothered to go join other boards...

Moderators: Orlion, Dragonlily

Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Avatar wrote: But Tommyknockers was his worst book ever.
--A
I'd say tied for worst book with Shining sorta-sequel Dr. Sleep.
In a truly stunning creative feat, they're equally horrible for entirely different reasons.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
lucimay
Lord

Post by lucimay »

Vraith wrote:
--A
In a truly stunning creative feat, they're equally horrible for entirely different reasons.

REALLY??? i loved Dr. Sleep!! hahahaha! seriously i really did. :D
you're more advanced than a cockroach,
have you ever tried explaining yourself
to one of them?
~ alan bates, the mothman prophecies

i've had this with actors before, on the set,
where they get upset about the [size of my]
trailer, and i'm always like...take my trailer,
cause... i'm from Kentucky
and that's not what we brag about.
~ george clooney, inside the actor's studio

a straight edge for legends at
the fold - searching for our
lost cities of gold. burnt tar,
gravel pits. sixteen gears switch.
Haphazard Lucy strolls by.
~ dennis r wood ~
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

lucimay wrote:
Vraith wrote:
--A

REALLY??? i loved Dr. Sleep!! hahahaha! seriously i really did. :D
So much for THAT friendship.
I will miss your....what was it you or lynne or sky were talking about?...your Luminous Spirituterus or Liminal Lady Radiation or whatever.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Vraith wrote:
--A
Haven't read it yet. No longer go out of my way to get his books.

--A
Horrim Carabal
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Horrim Carabal »

Regarding King: I liked Dr. Sleep. Cujo isn't great. Tommyknockers is obviously the product of an alcohol-fueled binge (he has admitted this). But King's worst book is undeniably "Cell". It's just flat-out bad.

Regarding Gaiman: I liked Sandman (esp "Season of Mists"), and I like his comic work in general. "Black Orchid" and his work on "Miracleman" are amazing. Also, "Books of Magic" was great. But I'm not his biggest fan. He has an annoying way of building up a conflict, then resolving it in a very anticlimactic way. I hated American Gods. Never watched the tv show, because the book turned me off so much.

Regarding Tad Williams: Otherland is awesome, but if you haven't read Memory, Sorrow, & Thorn (and the new sequel series) you should! I'm talking to you, Vraith!
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Very much enjoyed Memory, Sorrow and Thorn but have one major gripe; he tied up every thread at the end ......
Spoiler
apart from the little cat, which he left wandering under the tower which was reduced to rubble - and after it led what's his name out of the catacombs!
......... Why would he do that?
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Jesus, Mary and Joseph lol 😂 our Spirituterus?? 8O our Liminal Lady Radiation .. were we high or pissed when we used those descriptors??? 8O

I probably was .. I cant in good conscience implicate my fellows 😉 and I should concede I talk a whole lot of shit when inebriated 🥴 lol 😂 but usually funny stupid shit 🤷‍♀️ Yet those descriptors are not familiar to me 😉
Last edited by Skyweir on Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Horrim Carabal wrote:Regarding King: worst book is undeniably "Cell". It's just flat-out bad.

I just saw this and thought of one that the town is magically walled off and in the end it's alien kids playing "burn the ant" kinda games?
That ones fucking ludawfulicrous.
Horrim Carabal
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Horrim Carabal »

Vraith wrote:
Horrim Carabal wrote:Regarding King: worst book is undeniably "Cell". It's just flat-out bad.

I just saw this and thought of one that the town is magically walled off and in the end it's alien kids playing "burn the ant" kinda games?
That ones fucking ludawfulicrous.
Under the Dome. Yes, it's bad. Every character becomes a caricature.

Return to “General Literature Discussion”