The Rise and Fall of Empires RULES & General Discussion

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Minus_the_Bear wrote:
Free Traders wrote:Uh, so when is the turn deadline?
Exactly what I was wondering. Reading that first turn is really pumping me up for this game. Nice work Lore!
It will be Friday. I am glad you liked the email, by the way. You have a great race.

Now, the research/tech issue.

You purchase a research - whether it is in Military, General or Special. Then you chose whether it is level I (standard), II (good techs), or III (powerful). Each level costs a certain amount of creds (so III is more expensive than II and I). Once that is purchased I determine what tech is discovered. Does that help?
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Loremaster wrote: Now, the research/tech issue.

You purchase a research - whether it is in Military, General or Special. Then you chose whether it is level I (standard), II (good techs), or III (powerful). Each level costs a certain amount of creds (so III is more expensive than II and I). Once that is purchased I determine what tech is discovered. Does that help?

Perfect. That was exactally what I needed. Thanks. :D
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I've had a couple of Survery orders, but I need to point out something. It doesn't cost a thing to move a starship/warship or a fleet. But it does cost to survey a system. You can't issue the order "explore C6" without spending CCs. Further, when you submit the orders for the turn, could the players please state the action and how much it costs? That is, budget the orders.

Thankyou!
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I'm hoping the piece about the Delucrii I just posted is suitable for its purpose. If something less literary and more straight-factual was needed, I can probably come up with something. I did get a little carried away, heh.

Edit: thinking about it, I probably should have included a couple of game-related data.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Looked good to me. I kept most of my game data out of it. SECRET. :D
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Iblis
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Iblis »

Yeah, good entry. Enjoyed the Krullen one too actually.

Uh Lore...Deadline...whose Friday? Friday, July 13th 12h00 GMT? Or Friday midnight GMT? (Cause you're in some crazy timezone...GMT +8 or 9 or something.
Now because You have led me astray, I shall surely sit in ambush for them on Your straight path.

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Free Traders wrote:Yeah, good entry. Enjoyed the Krullen one too actually.

Uh Lore...Deadline...whose Friday? Friday, July 13th 12h00 GMT? Or Friday midnight GMT?
Bingo. Please check your pms, FT.

Everyone, please note that I have adjusted some budget costs (especially surveys and ship costs). :)
Iblis
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Iblis »

Haha, which? (Not that it matters for me.) Midnight Friday 13th GMT?
Now because You have led me astray, I shall surely sit in ambush for them on Your straight path.

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Free Traders wrote:Haha, which? (Not that it matters for me.) Midnight Friday 13th GMT?
Sorry. That one will do.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Okay, the turn coming is Turn One. This means that it is the financial turn. So, you all will receive more money (including trade route income). After that, turn two, there will be no money until the next financial turn (3). And so on.

Second, I have a request to make. Would someone be willing to maintain an historical record? I want everything recorded (publicly) - that means, wars, alliances, mega and minor events, etc. The person who does this will get 1 CC extra a turn.

All races (apart from LM) are done. The game is go ahead. Turn submissions are due by 12pm GMT this friday.
Don't forget to budget!
Don't forget to change tax rate, if you desire!
Don't forget to state exactly which sector you are sending your corvette to!
And if surveying - budget the survey cost!
Erkirithi-Sha
Ramen

Post by Erkirithi-Sha »

Have changed my profile details from Montressor to Erkirithi-Sha. I doubt there will be any confusion :)

I'll de-blur my new avatar when I get the chance.

Am looking forward to starting. :D
"To promote the Empire of the Erkirithi-Sha, through science, and through the Assisted-Divinity of the Everlasting Emperor; to advance and to evolve always forward, throwing off the mawkish sentimentality of lesser beings; to suffer no imposition; and to accept no destiny but that which we make. These were the aims of The Servants of The Emperor, and these are the aims of all true Erkirithi. Long shall prevail the will of the Emperor" - the last words of Ukule-Thaid, convicted of the assassination of Chairman Kleth, 432nd cycle.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Unless I'm missing something elsewhere, there appears to be no price associated with "Build Sensors".
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Murrin wrote:Unless I'm missing something elsewhere, there appears to be no price associated with "Build Sensors".
Fixed. Thanks for pointing that out, Murrin.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Loremaster wrote:Second, I have a request to make. Would someone be willing to maintain an historical record? I want everything recorded (publicly) - that means, wars, alliances, mega and minor events, etc. The person who does this will get 1 CC extra a turn.
Story style? Or more like a timeline? I'd be willing to do it.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Balon wrote:
Loremaster wrote:Second, I have a request to make. Would someone be willing to maintain an historical record? I want everything recorded (publicly) - that means, wars, alliances, mega and minor events, etc. The person who does this will get 1 CC extra a turn.
Story style? Or more like a timeline? I'd be willing to do it.
Kind of like this:

2420 - A plague has broken out across the galaxy - millions suffer. The Xnians declare war on the Hiberta Alliance.

That sort of thing. But you're free to embellish it, make it like an encyclopedia - whatever. :)
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Bureaucracy in action. :lol:
That took me quite a long while to write, heh. I don't think I'll be trying to do it in a minutes format again.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Man, that was excellent.

Guys and gals - you have written some great stuff.
Last edited by Loredoctor on Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erkirithi-Sha
Ramen

Post by Erkirithi-Sha »

Murrin wrote: Bureaucracy in action. :lol:
That took me quite a long while to write, heh. I don't think I'll be trying to do it in a minutes format again.
Ahh, now that was a really fun read :D

I'd like to see more minutes from your empire, though it does offer some free intelligence :wink:
"To promote the Empire of the Erkirithi-Sha, through science, and through the Assisted-Divinity of the Everlasting Emperor; to advance and to evolve always forward, throwing off the mawkish sentimentality of lesser beings; to suffer no imposition; and to accept no destiny but that which we make. These were the aims of The Servants of The Emperor, and these are the aims of all true Erkirithi. Long shall prevail the will of the Emperor" - the last words of Ukule-Thaid, convicted of the assassination of Chairman Kleth, 432nd cycle.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

:lol:
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Ahh, now that was a really fun read :D
Thanks.
I knew I was giving away a little, but I figure it's not going to damage me any this early in the game.
Besides, if I give away enough free information, people might not send spies and find out the truth, hehe.

Return to “Empires”